Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shopping for clothes is getting fun...

Just wanted to blurt out to the world that I went to the mall tonight and I bought my very first ever pair of jeans from Old Navy. I can't believe it. I have NEVER been able to fit into anything from there before. I bought a size 18 and I have to wear a belt. I should have tried on a 16 but I was so excited to get on the 18's, I immediately went to the register and paid for them. My cell phone bill is giong to be crazy because I called everyone that I knew to tell them about it. I love my band!!! Oh...almost forgot...also went shoe shopping and my feet are now a size smaller too... Look out Summer 2008, who knows what that may bring... :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Old Navy plus clothes, run BIG!

When I was in 26/28 at most other stores, on 30's door.. Old Navy's 24's were baggy on me.

Not to say you shouldn't be happy-you go girl!, just keep in mind when you shop there, they allow a lot of room ;)

Shopping is a lot more fun lately! I am finally fitting into clothes from stores like you, my latest one was at Newport News. Their 24's were always fitting me like a 16!! Needless to say I couldn't wear them. But they had a cardigan last year I fell in love with, and I saw it's still there (my mom shops there). So I bought the 24.. and it fits! It's actually a little baggy! YAY SHOPPING!!

Congratulations! Feels damn fine, doesn't it?

Last summer I bought the cutest brown sundress from Old Navy, size 20. I still can't get into the damn thing. Well, I can get in it, but it isn't pretty. DAMN IT I wanted to wear that dress this summer! I'm in some 14/16, mostly 18/20 most places (except Target - they run very small) and this dress isn't even close to fitting.

Never tried their jeans/tops/etc. though. Maybe it's a thing with their dresses?

Ohh maybe.. I don't wear dresses.

It's their pants and shirts I buy from them that are too big.

Right now I wear 3x at most my stores (they all run small in my brain), but Old Navy's 3x falls off of me, and the 2x is pretty darn baggy.

Isn't that funny, I have always found Old Navy to run small...When I lost weight in the past, I was wearing a 16 and I couldn't get my big toukus into an 18....

However, I cannot say that shopping will ever be fun for me...I am a 6ft. giant and not even shoe shopping is fun (12-13wide)... but I do enjoy looking a HELL of a lot better in my clothing...

Also, has anyone tried the Lane Bryant new Jeans sizing system??? It is wonderful. The allow you to chose between three body types..slim butt and thighs, moderately curvy butt and thighs and very curvy butt and thighs...and then you chose the style of jeans you want (flare or bootcut) out of that...

Just thought I would share! Especially since they have talls, petites and go from a 14-28...

Rain

Rainer- I'm 6ft too.. and just thought I should add the pants I got from Old Navy have the 'big hips' on them that don't work for me.

I am small butt/thighs, and top heavy. I haven't tired LB's new pants system, but I gave up on them a long time ago due to the weird cut hips.. and their talls are still too short for me!

I get my plus size & tall pants from Top teen site for fashion, celebrities, horoscopes & quizzes - Alloy.com

I was barely fitting into 25 with them when I got the band, now I wear their 21.. that makes me super happy, they're a company that has pants that run small ;)

Laura,

I'm slimmer hipped and butted as well...Which I must say, I'm grateful for. I never liked Lane Bryant either (or Avenue or Ashley Stuart) because they had enormous butts....That's why these new jeans are so phenomenal!!!

LOVE them!

The alloy brand...do their shirts run long in the sleeves???

Thanks!

Rain

I'm very happy that they've released that sizing method. (I'm a blue, sz 2 btw... which means "fat and curvy" I'm sure!) I WISH they would follow suit with their dress pants. I still think they have some of the nicer dress pants in plus sizes, but the fits are horrible.

I hate(d) Avenue pants, but will still wear them for a VERY BAD reason. You know how you're never supposed to be something just because it's cheap? I'm guilty. ;) The Avenue here tends to sell out of 24+ sizes quickly, and never move anything 22 or under. I'm an 18 in most of their pants, which means I can get just about anything I want at clearance price. It's hard to pass up a $9 pair of cuffed dress slacks!

Let's not even get into shoes. VERY sore spot with me. I LOVE shoes. I LOVE the shoes you can go into any store and buy. But I'm an 11 on a good day, 12 on most. This means I can pretty much shop for shoes at Avenue (Cloudwalkers), Payless (ugh!), or online - which I'm reticent to do - hate buying if I can't try it on. Or go into special order, which has its own PITA.

Yo, all of you aspiring designers out there, how about some love for the Amazons??

Wheetsin,

We were in NYC this weekend and our parking garage was DIRECTLY across from a tall woman's shoe store... I went into the store and tried on one pair of shoes and BOUGHT THEM!!! Oh my goodness, that never ever ever happens. PURE heaven!

The thing I hate about the avenue and Lane Bryant in general are the silly styles they show for people "of size".. Really, what fat lady needs to wear so much glitter etc...on their clothing...Everything has got some sort of junk on it...or crazy pattern....I just so don't like it!

Lorraine

OMG! Laura, Wheetsin, and Rainer im a giant too 6"1! Rainer how dont you LOVE to shop? Its my most favorite thing to do. Im an amatuer stylist, everyone who meets me walks away with better fashion sense.

When Im not near a store I online shop even at stores that dont sell my size (right now a 24). I feel like I lucked out and got these long legs and big ole feet. Afterall if our feet were smaller how would we be able to balance all the vertical length:rolleyes:. It would be like walking on stumps. However I also only wear a size 11M shoe so it not exactly the same.

But come on you cant beat the "go go gadget arms" either.

Wheetsin I learned my lesson shopping at the Avenue. Looking for a deal I bought some yoga pants and after washing they were yoga capris. They just barely touched the tops of my sneakers when I bought them but now they are near knee length. sad really.

Well when we get to our respective goals there is always the Tall Girl Shoppe, the gap, and JCrew that all sell up to 36 inseams.

Its so awesome to find other lady bandsters who are my height. I figure that at 165 and after some tucking Ill look like a supermodel...yes I count my chickens first:)

If Old Navy runs big, I would have never known it because I was too big to even go in and try. It's funny that you all are so tall because I'm always complaining about pants being way too long...I'm 5'4"...5'5" on a good day. So...every single pair of pants that I put on is about 6 inches too long. I have to buy "short" pants. I guess it don't matter if you're tall or short...there's always a problem with shopping. Well...I just know that it's getting a little bit more fun for me. I can actually go into a store now and buy something without trying it on. I never though that would happen. Don't get me wrong...I still have a long way to go, but I'm really starting to feel pretty darn good about myself, so YAHHHH for me!!! (I know...I'm quite corney):whoo::whoo:

Yay! Super Tall chicks!! I'm 5'10... OK... probably really 5'11 1/2" like the doc office says, but my drivers license still says 5'10" Ha!

My problem with Avenue jeans is that in the Tall length the legs are perfectly long, but way too wide, the butt is too big, and the waist goes up to my boobs! When I get the 'average' length all of the above applies, except the waist stops where it is supposed to and the legs are too short.

I'm currently wearing some jeans from Lane Bryant I bought probably 2 years ago, size 28, one pair is all baggy all over, and actually nearly fall off, the other pair I have is perfect everywhere, except I think they are still too big in the legs, and maybe the butt.

Ugh! i have such a flat butt! I want my fat sucked frommy belly and injected into my ass!

Suzzie me too! Im going to be looking for a surgeon who will "(during my expected TT) to relocate some of my belly fat straight to my butt. Im a really full hour glass/figure 8 right now but after a TT or an LBL Im sure Ill want a bigger bum.

Oh...almost forgot...also went shoe shopping and my feet are now a size smaller too... Look out Summer 2008, who knows what that may bring... :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Interesting thing about the shoes ... the one and only thing I have to say I don't mind about being overwieght is that I can wear normal-width shoes. Before, I always had to have narrows or AAs and they are almost impossible to find (although there are plenty of wide-width shoes our there.) I'll gladly go back to narrows, though, if it means I'm skinny everywhere else.