Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Countdown to surgery Oct 24 7:30AM

Ok. Ordered Celebrate Vitamins, Calcium, and Syntax nectar variety pack and Jay Robb shakes. Stocked up on Bone Broth, Vitamin Water zero, Premier Protein ready-made shakes. Bought new house shoes.....

AND my 3 daughters decided to show their support by doing the liquid diet with me in 16 days.. They probably have 20, 30, and 50 pounds to lose. This should be interesting!

That is pretty awesome they are doing this with you and I am sure that will help a lot! Good luck.

WhooHoo! I'm scheduled for the 23rd as well! Want to be sleeve buddies? :)

Sounds like you're set. Going to have to pick up some SF popsicles and SF pudding myself closer to the date otherwise the kids (and husband) will eat them all.

Good Luck!

Tasha

Hello Ladies! I'm so excited for you, and your upcoming surgeries. I cannot wait for my surgery date. I thought I wanted the RNY, but my surgeon strongly recommended I think about the sleeve. After listening to his reasons, I decided perhaps this would be the best one for me. I have already had my first appointment to meet him and the dietician, and now am waiting for my second appointment, in which he will schedule me for my surgery. I'm really hoping for November, or by the end of this year.

I have two questions...

1) My first visit was 9/20/17 with the surgeon and I am really hoping to have my surgery this year, however, I see that a couple of you first saw your surgeon in the spring time and 6/7 months later having surgery. May I ask why it takes that long? I have all my paperwork done and sent, did all the testing needing. The only thing I am waiting for is for my EGD, which is scheduled for this coming Wednesday. Once my surgeon reads the report, we will schedule the surgery. He told me that if all is in order at my second appointment, my surgery date will be 30 days after that.

2) Sosewsue61 , the items you mentioned above- I have not heard of these and am wondering if you found these on your own, or if your surgeon/dietician recommend them? I feel there is so much I need to be doing right now and am looking for suggestions so that I can prepare myself.

I happened to fall into this site by pure accident tonight, looking for information on foods/beverages I should be buying and this came up, so I joined. I do not know yet how to make friends, so until I do, would any of you want to be my (Sleeve) friend?

Regards,

Marylou AKA GettinFit213

Hi there Marylou,

For me at least, my insurance required a six month supervised diet before approving the surgery. As much as I hated to wait in some ways I am glad since It's given me time to adjust to eating smaller portions, make exercise part of my routine etc etc.

Best of luck to you!

Tasha

@Natashca We can certainly be buddies.

@GettinFit213 - MaryLou - my NUT had a list of acceptable shakes and Vitamins, but I read on here the ones that kept coming up when posters asked about what tasted the least repulsive!!!! LOL They happened to be on the list. When I went to my first consultation I was given a 3-ring binder with all the explanations about the surgery, tests, requirements, procedures, nutrition, etc. My insurance requires 6 months supervised diet, but the surgeon would require it even if insurance did not. It gave me time to think about what food means and how emotionally attached I was to using it for anxiety and to research what experiences the veterans on this site have done to be successful. I minded at first, but it went quickly. I could have had surgery last month but preferred the date I picked because of some family/social obligations - a wedding and a regional square dance.

I'm having my surgery done at Dartmouth, and they have a strict no weight gain. My insurance company requires a 10% weight loss. I had already been seeing a dietician, and I had already made an appointment to see a psychologist. I did all this before I even thought about the surgery. I believe I had already done most of what the requirements were for insurance company and the doctor. I believe I am mentally ready and can't wait. I just need to know if the insurance company will approve. Thank you all so much for your advice and feedback.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BariatricPal mobile app