Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was interested when it first made the news back in 2002. I've gained and lost the same 40/50 pounds since high school. I'm like everyone here I've tried everything with moderate success.

I have a low BMI so insurance will never pay or approve. I got the hubbys okay and support to get this done and finance it. I went to Obesity Goodbye in TJ with an old friend from high school on Saturday. I liked watching the fill with the x-ray. That put my fears of fills to rest. The fills seemed like the biggest problem (too tight, too loose), but with the x-ray he could see exactly how much she was passing. That was great.

I've gotten the okay for a surgery date of 11/23... too bad I can't have one last Thanksgiving.

I didn't want to tell my best girl friends because I just wanted to wait and I didn't want them to try and talk me out of it. BUT I think they'll notice on turkey day when I'm having broth. Not to mention we're bailing on the annual Thanksgiving campout and I'd like to tell them it's for a good reason. Since we're not going everyone is staying home so we can all eat together.... funny right.

I guess all that's left for me is to fill out the financing application. I would expect it won't be a problem. I'd love to hear of any companies you've worked with that you recommend. I could wait and save, but I don't wanna. The surgery is $6,800 is there tax? Do I finance just that amount? I can handle the extra little costs. I don't have any travel expenses because I live in So Cal.

So anything anyone can offer is appreciated. I like to be mentally prepared... hate surprises.

Thanks,

Kym

My date is NOV 10 also at the Obesity goodbye center, I got mine finaced the totaly came out to around 8000.00 and i had finaced 6800 also, there are a lot of fees from the lender, but my payments are only like 192 a month. good luck, Ive read some post on here about the center and how they lie to patient so im a lil freaked out! have you heard anything?

I actually heard about it from an old friend from high school.

She knows several people that had it done there which was why she felt safe going there.

I went down with her a couple weeks ago for a check on her turned port.

The Dr. was really late to the appointment, but oh well not a huge deal.

He told her that her port was okay and that they would fix it when she had a Tummy Tuck. She'll need one for sure.

Since they charge for the fills and other things seperately he could have done it and charged her, but he seemed straight forward and honest.

I felt comfortable and that's when I knew I was going through with it for sure.

It sounds like we got the same financing.< /p>

I didn't want to spend more than $200 per month so that works.

It's a lot better than the $17,000 + fees my friend paid for a doctor in Irvine.

Here's my email kpiekkola@yahoo.

We'll have to keep in touch.

I'm scheduled for 11/23, day after Thanksgiving.

Have you told a lot of people?

How much do you plan on loosing?

I'm so excited for us.

Yippee.