Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow!!!!

I know you all know and/or have heard me say My 1st Appt is on Jan 7th... ohhhh thats tomorrow.. woohoo all i can say is why i waited so long.... Its 10:50pm my time so i should be off to bed being i have to be up early tomorrow for my "Drive" of a life time its only a 5hour drive.. says my DH hehehe lets just see...... a vaction at once, as well, I hope im ready for this... at 320lbs I think I am... Thank you all for your support and information you all are wonderful and I know i have TRUE friends here Take Care and wish me luck.,..... Talk to you all Saturday night or Sunday night... we might stay there a day extra...

(((((((((((BIG GROUP HUG))))))))))))

Trish, I must have missed your post! Best of luck tomorrow! Don't worry about trying to sleep tonight, you're probably too wound up. You can rest tomorrow after you get your band. Sending you (((hugs))) and prayers that all will go well and you'll have minimum recovery pain. Please post here and let us know how you're doing as soon as you comfortably can. Your new life begins in just a few short hours! Congratulations, Baby Band Sister!!

IM BACK!!!!! hehehe Jamie, your so cute! Anyway just got back about an hour ago we stayed the night last night because the drive is just to long to make a round trip. Well hubby and I are going to go out and buy some food, fridge is bare, so if i dont get back to late i will write.. he told me lots and lots of stuff... i want to share with you all and get your advise too.. I told him about you all and how supportive you are.. he thought it was wonderful for me to have good friends that know what i am going to go thourgh.... Ugh i better go I will write soon!!!

Well my Appt. went really well... but was kinda hurt when i was weighed.. like being 320lbs wasnt enough I went all the way up to 333lbs... Im so ashamed! <hanging head> I told my Doctor I dont care what it takes I need this as fast as i could. He said he would do his best. Also since im 400miles away from him he is going to get all my appts witht he dietian and stuff out here in Albuquerque where i am, so i dont have to makes so much trips, he said that it could be.. no promises.. by the begaining of March..

Well during our talk he told me he would want me to be on a liquid diet for 2 weeks before surgery Ugh that will be hard.. also wants me to stop smoking for 2 weeks before just another added toughness to my life. He said this will be great for me now because im healthy as a horse and it will stay that way.. woohoo!!!

Another thing is was a little scared about.. (im such a scarey cat) is that he has only done 25 Lap-Band surgeries AHHHHHH My heart started racing hehehe

but he reasured me with the fact he has been a surgen for over 30years, and that he was a primary Gastric Bypass surgen. I dont know if it makes things better, but i some what felt a little better. I am his 1st out of town patient so he was treating me really good with things that will save me a trip or two... like after surgery he told me he will see me 3 days after instead of a week so i wont have to drive to NM and then back CO a week later... I dont know again with hotel rates it just might be cheaper... My poor hubby hes going to hate driving after all this is over.

Well i will keep you all posted with everything... Thanks for being such good friends

It's good that your doctor is willing to make some concessions for you. It shows that he is interested in making a name for himself in other areas also. Also, it's good that you can get your appts with the dietician/psych there close to home also. If you know of a psychologist closeby that you can arrange your own appt with, you'll be doing yourself a favor. Often, the Dr will instruct them to run a whole series of tests on you when if you handle it yourself, it's a matter of an hour interview and you get to be more in charge of your own destiny. Just my 2 cents..

It is a long way to travel, for sure. I'm surprised there is no one in Alberquerque. :D Good luck!!

Trish glad to hear everything went okay. I know it will be hard for you to travel but it will be worth it. let me know when your next appts are and what you find out from there. (1 step done ) I'm still waiting to hear from Ins. on the approval. I hope it will be soon.

Oh Jamie, I hope you will hear something soon too... let me know when you do!

Leatha, yes, long travel.... with the Psych and diet.. appt. they were so egar to do it for me... The Dr. even told the Asst. "Do what ever you can I will even call myself if i have to" so i thought it was good... I will see what happens... I took plenty of classes in Psychology so maybe it will help hehehe i doubt it hahah but you never know....

Im so suprized there isnt anyone in Albuquerque thats does it either... there was one in Santa Fe.. but i called and the number was disconeccted.. its okay i dont mind the drive...

Take Care everyone

Good Luck Trish... Your already beautiful.

Don't worry about the Dr's lack of surgeries. He has the training and knows what he is doing. I'd rather have a Dr with only 25 lapbands under his belt then 1,000 bypasses. Risk still much better with lapband.