Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has your sex life changed since getting the band?

So I must be the only one who's sex life is worse... the BF wants it just as much, sadly, I don't want to. :)

argon,

NO..... me too! I don't know why, but mine is worse. I have totally lost my desire! It's frustrating!

YAY! Finally found the thread I've been looking for. Okay, some have improved libido, some have decreased libido, and for some the libido hasn't changed, but what about the pure mechanics??

Does the port cramp your style? I've read so many posts about ports pulling or finding it hard to bend over months after surgery, that I am getting quite worried about limitations that it might impose upon positions.

For a fattie, I'm pretty limber and given my two greatest pleasures in life are food and sex, if I'm gonna give up the food part, I had d*mn well better not lose the sex part in the process!!

My port does give me problems during certain positions with sex, but it just takes some maneuvering or tolerance. Think of it being a lil kinky, now you get pain with the pleasure :(

I have the desire, sadly no bf right now. I think that may change now that i look better and feel better about myself. I made no attempt to meet anyone when i was 237. I did not feel sexy or good about me. Things are looking a lot better now. Donna

My husband has always enjoyed feeling my hipbones, but when I am heavier, he obviously couldn't. I am enjoying the subtle indications that he is enjoying by the lingering of the hands. He is obviously not conscious of it, I've tried to discuss it, but it is obvious.

I am losing some weight with my pre-op plan, and I have seen a definite increase in the desire/want. Doing things TO my BF more than wanting it myself. Is that normal when losing weight? I am driving him crazy.

I'm looking forward to the better sex too! I've been separated from my husband for a year now, but can't get motivated to find someone to be with. Always have had a high sex drive. Looking forward to the new me (getting banded on the 27th).

sex life = AMAZING!! I have always been overtly sexual anyway but now more than ever...I've lost 40 lbs and can defiantley tell a difference..can't wait to lose more and see how that goes. Port didn't give me any probelms in any postition and my man is loving every minute just like always!!! :thumbdown:

The sex drive is very complicated. Certainly anyone who has been placed on the newer antidepressants is likely to experience a big change in their sex drive. This is the side effect which manufacturers warn users about. On the other hand, such emotional factors as depression and stress will also serve to distort the sexual response.

But there are other factors at play as well. The truth is that many of us do not feel the same intensity of sexual passion once this passion becomes domesticated. Crazed sexual passion and deep marital love are certainly not the same thing.

The initial experience of love does act much in the same way as a drug. We all know how those first weeks of passion work, don't we? We all know how we can stay up all night, night after night, and still be able to continue functioning in our day gigs during that initial crazed phase.

When we are lucky our relationships with our love objects are able to survive that shift from crazed sex weasel lust to the next step, the one where the emotional ties continue to deepen even though the sex-crazed weasel days now are over. Some people choose to deal with the loss of this thrill, this sense of crazy passion, by continuing to engage in affairs or promiscuity.