Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best thing about being slim?

What are you most looking forward to when you are slim?

For me it will be wearing lacy bra and knickers that match for once.

Oh, and boots that fit round my calves.

-Crossing my legs is my number 1 goal. Anywhere, anytime, either leg.

Right now I can cross left over right in most situations. I did it at dinner the other night at a restaurant for the first time, and kept gushing to my husband (who completely does not understand the significance).

-To be able to exercise regularly without feeling like I'm going to die.

-To wear the clothes I WANT to wear without bulging out all over.

-----

Boysaway.. I don't know where you live, but knickers makes me think you're not in the US.. However, I found a couple places that make knee-high boots that will go over a big calf..

Roaman's (can google their website) and torrid.com

Oh there are so many things...

1. Crossing my legs like a woman instead of like a man

2. fitting into clothing in regular stores

3. not feeling like the big fat elephant in every social situation...

So many more...

Rain

I'm not 'slim' yet, but I've made it down to merely overweight per BMI. The biggest thing so far is that I no longer have to carefully choose my route through a crowded restaurant.

For me it will be wearing lacy bra and knickers that match for once.

Oh, and boots that fit round my calves.

I really really really hope Boysaway is a girl/lady!

Some of my top things are:

1. sitting comfortably in a movie theater next to someone and not having to scrunch up to myself to avoid spilling over the seat

2. cute matching underwear sets from Victoria's Secret

3. not being afraid of going on amusement park rides that I might not fit

4. crossing my legs

5. people not looking at me like I'm crazy when I say that my sister is my sister (she is 5'5" and 130 lbs)

6. being smaller than my hubby

7. not having to automatically get extenders for my necklaces and bracelets

8. (this should have been #1) GETTING PREGNANT

These are just a few....there are many, many, many more...

I am excited about:

1. Being able to buy SEXY & matching Bra's and panties
  2. Being able to go into ANY clothing store and know that what I am going to buy I am going to look GOOD in.
  3. Being able to dress like a lady again & know that people are looking at me because I am HOT and not because they think I shouldn't be wearing what I am wearing.
  4. Being comfortable while sitting at the movies or on a plane.
  5. Not having all the muscle and joint pains

I can go on and on and on! But most of all I will be so happy to be able to go to my doctor and not feel like a FAT pig and have to hear them tell me that I need to lose weight (cuz I didn't know that on my own).

NOW I CAN'T WAIT TO BE THIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can pretty much relate with everything in this thread. It'll be nice to feel normal and I can REALLY agree with the getting pregnant comment - it's been 4 1/2 years and only one miscarriage to show for it. And miscarriages/trouble getting pregnant does NOT run in my family at all (they're SKINNY, though).

1. Climbing stairs without being out of breath

2. Not having to avoid some chairs because they are too narrow or because I'm afraid they might not hold me

3. My jeans not being too tight at the waist band

4. I want to be proud to go out with my husband (who is a babe!!) and not wonder who is thinking, "What's he doing with HER?"

5. Knees and feet no longer hurting all the time

6. Being here to spend time with my someday grandchildren

7. Oh, yea, and really sexy underthings!

Wannabethin- I hate that too (about docs). I get it about my weight and smoking. Everytime I go to my yearly doctor, she tells me to go on a diet and stop smoking. And it's always around Christmas and I think about new year's resolutions.. then I just go.. nah. She doesn't know I was banded, and my yearly appt. is coming up. dum dum dum.

My answer has a few layers. First would be the things I used to look forward to, and can now do. Second would be the things that are still beyond me.

So first, the ones I've already done:

Being able to go to a new restaurant without worrying about whether or not the chairs have arms, or if the booths have enough space between the bench and the table. MAN, it is nice to have this freedom! Same for things like theater seats, seatbelts in cars, etc.

Being able to shop in the MISSES department. Woohoo!! I did this the other day. Granted, it was a misses XXL, and is a little snug around my big huge flabby scrotum-looking upper arms, but HEY, it still came from the MISSES department!

I can cross my legs girl style. I can do stairs without thinking twice - the other day I even ran to the far end of the parking lot b/c it was pouring down rain, and my breathing didn't get heavy at all. I can get down on the floor without having to kind of bend my legs and fall, and I can get back up without having to crawl over to a chair or table I can climb up. I can sit in a chair without my hips overflowing off the sides. I can eat in the outdoor section and don't need to worry about 1) fitting or 2) breaking the plastic furniture. I can do things like ride my bike without looking like a big lard lollipop.

I CAN SIT UP, WALK, BEND, STAND, AND MOVE IN VARIOUS WAYS WITHOUT HAVING TO CONSTANTLY BE WORRIED ABOUT PULLING MY SHIRT OUT FROM BETWEEN MY ROLLS. C'mon ladies, you know what I'm talking about here. And I ALWAYS hated hated hated it. I never even realized I'd stopped doing this until someone else pointed it out.

Regain my girlishness. It's hard to feel feminine when you weigh almost 400 lbs and have the profile of a rubber duck. And I'm sorry, but "cute" clothes just tend to look ridiculous. And it's hard to carry 400 lbs in a pair of heels. I'm officially "girly" again! :heh:3

Fly on a plane and 1) fit into the seat and 2) have the seatbelt fit. I can proudly say that on my last trip I flew Southwest, and even then I could not only fasten the seatbelt, but had to tighten it a good foot or so.

Things I'm still waiting to do:

Have an annual physical without my doctor telling me she'd like to see my BMI a little lower. Last year when she told me this I could tell her, "Well, I'm down around 18 BMI points from last year..." and she said, "Well I'll just shut up then!" But then she forgets, and I hear it all over again...

Be able to shop anywhere. I've made a lot of progress, but I still can't walk into, say, Anne Taylor and buy whatever I want off the shelf. I still have to look for at least 1 "X" on the size, usually 2.

DH's "man goal" (as he calls it) for me is that when I bend over (e.g. to pick something up from the floor), he can see my pooty. My thighs are still too fat for this - I bend over and he sees the back of my fat thighs. How sexy.

I can't wait to scuba without having to wear so much weight that it's a burden to walk while geared up.

I would like to be able to exercise without feeling self-conscious. Fatties in the gym always get the weird looks. Like - hello - I'm the one who needs to be here! I can ignore the looks. What really gets to me is the wall o' mirrors. I REALLY don't need to see myself jiggle!

I would really, really like to feel comfortable wearing a bathing suit other than a very modest tankini. I love swimming, and while I don't live near any beaches, I do love taking vacations to places that have them. But this is going to require PS. My skin is a mess.