Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waiting to change my life in Michigan

Hello everyone,

My name is Danna and I am from Port Huron Michigan, I am seeking the lap band surgery in Flint Michigan at the Hurley Bariatric Center. I have had all my exams and now awaiting the insurance decision... I would like any information from anyone who has been banded with Hurley.

Hi Danna

I was banded last year at Hurley. I would love to chat with you, I have been able to help others get through it with Hurley! Honestly you HAVE TO STAY ON TOP OF THEM to get things done, even now while you are waiting for approval! I was banded by Dr. Farhan, who will be your surgeon?

If they tell you about the crazy lady that exercises everyday at 4 am that would be me! lol.. :cool:

Few more rules:

NEVER EVER, EVER for any circumstance let the nurse, Kathy do your fill or unfill. TRUST ME. If you can get Christie, she is the PA and better than the Dr but NEVER EVER let anyone else do it, trust me!

They are not great with follow up on paperwork, ect. Be prepared to do as much leg work yourself as you can and you will get done much faster!

Also--get to know the ladies at the desk, especially Carlolyn. If she likes you she will get you in sooner and ALWAYS take good care of you! The other lady, not so nice--ever! :)

Hi Boo Boo,

It is great of you to reply, my surgeon is Dr Dannon, I have not heard much about him, I did meet him at my consult and he seemed to be caring. I definately know what you mean about doing the leg work myself. I have BCBS of Michigan and thought that everything was submitted only to find out that Hurley needed more info on my previous weight loss programs. I am super excited about getting this done and am so UNpatient. Thank you for the advice on fills as I was wondering about these. I will definately take your advice. As for you, WOW you have lost so much weight you must be feeling Great.

Thanks again for your support!

I haven't heard much about him, I know he is new there! :cool: I am sure he will be great as well.

If you can I honestly think you should see Christie for fills, she is very caring, and always listens to you! I had a problem where Farhan wanted to fill me more than I wanted, and he did. For the next week I lost 9 lbs in one week and was miserable all because he thought he knew better! Christie really takes the time to listen to you, she is encouraging when you are down and is just great. Otherwise I would leave Hurley!

Also you have to take Denise with a grain of salt, somedays she seems mean. She isn't really at all but she can look scary!

Good luck and keep us posted! PM me if you have any questions for me or need help!