Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my date

I feel like dancing Leeanne but I'm scared I might fall over with fear !! :biggrin1::eek: ;)

<p>Hi guy's,</p> <p> </p> <p>Firstly Congrats on getting your dates. I just went to the seminar the other night but am so convinced this is the right thing to do for me and wish I could go in tomorrow for it. My insurance doesn't kisk in to pay until June next year but the surgeon says I can start doing all the pre-op appointments etc so as soon as it pays I can go ahead - seems like a lifetime away. The dietician there said that they recommend the Opti-fast but it can be substituted by the Tony Ferguson shakes as there is far more variety in them and apparently they taste heaps better. Not sure how other dieticians feel about this but could be worth a try.</p> <p> </p> <p>Deb</p>

<p>Hi guy's,</p> <p> </p> <p>Firstly Congrats on getting your dates. I just went to the seminar the other night but am so convinced this is the right thing to do for me and wish I could go in tomorrow for it. My insurance doesn't kisk in to pay until June next year but the surgeon says I can start doing all the pre-op appointments etc so as soon as it pays I can go ahead - seems like a lifetime away. The dietician there said that they recommend the Opti-fast but it can be substituted by the Tony Ferguson shakes as there is far more variety in them and apparently they taste heaps better. Not sure how other dieticians feel about this but could be worth a try.</p> <p> </p> <p>Deb</p>

Hi Deb,

I was a bit like that -couldn't wait for a date and now that I have one I am scared ****less. The time will pass really quickly as you prepare for June.

Well Opti day is getting closer and I can use TF shakes that I already have, but tomorrow is binge day - going out for dinner for the last time before Opti starts. :hungry: I might even start it a bit earlier.:)

It will all be worth it in the end but I just wish it was over NOW.

Danna :omg::omg::omg:(seems this one is the OMG smilie):faint:

Oh well, only 1 month to go so on Monday I start Optifast (so looking forward to this stage - NOT) :):speechles

Have a few ideas to make it more enjoyable and have bought lots of veges for Soups etc to get me through the month.:hungry:

Tomorrow I am going to pre-cook some meals for DH so that I don't have to face it every night - he can heat them in the microwave (he finally knows how to use this).

Still really nervous about the op itself but also excited and looking forward to December.

Danna:D

Congratulations Danna on getting your date!! You must be getting excited now. All the best for the Optifast. Sounds like you are well organised with pre cooking for you husband. I am going back to my surgeon on 15th and like he said I haven't been dieting. Have been walking each week day and gym three times a week so that I am less likely to have put on weight when I next see him.

Hilary

Well now on day 10 of Optiyuck and only 19 sleeps to go. Whoever invented Optisludge should be made to live on it:thumbs_down:

Oh well, it will be worth it at the end.

Danna

Good on you Danna for sticking with it... I know I couldn't have before the surgery. I'm counting down for you !! :whoo::whoo:

On my second day of mushies Danna... doing really well. I have lost 7 kilos so far. I'm so glad I did this!:whoo::whoo:

Only 6 days to go...how did the date get here so quickly. Nerves are really starting to kick in now. I don't have butterflys in my stomach, I have a herd of baby elephants!!! Oh well, the good things is that I'm nearly finished the Optisucks - thank heavens for small miracles.

Danna

How quickly the month has passed... 6 days to go whoo.gifwhoo.gif I saw Sarah this afternoon and she told me to start on solids tonight. I'm going back on 12 Dec for my first fill. She wanted me to test out different solids before I have a fill so I know what foods I can take down. I had about 3/4 cup of curried prawns & rice and it went down without any problems. I hope everything else is as good. Can't wait for you to be banded!! clap2.gifclap2.gif

Something new to dream about now - oh to have something tasty.... My mouth waters at the thought.

Glad everything went down well. Have you felt much hunger yet or has the band been working for you? Dying to know!

I must say I noticed that I have been feeling a little hungry, ie, I am getting hungry in less time than I used to. The swelling must be really going down. It only takes something small to stop the hunger though so I'm still sticking to the plan.

B: 1 weetbix & 1/2 banana in skim milk

Snack: skim latte

L: 2 cruskets with light cream cheese

Snack: low fat chocolate mousse

Late afternoon: 1/2 cup of broth

D: 3/4 cup leftover curry

Snack: frozen fruit & yoghurt bar

I am finding I'm still not drinking enough.

It's finally arrived... good luck with your banding tomorrow morning Danna!! :whoo::whoo:

Hi Danna,

Just thought I would add my best wishes for tomorrow. I envy you and at this stage can only dream when my day will come. You will be fine. Good luck and tell us all about it when you get home.

Deb