Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Today 12Oct07

Here I am with band, just under 12 hours out of the hospital. Everything is smooth so far. :whoo:

It took me longer to get over the anastisia (spelling could be incorrect) than I originally thought but that was over after 5 hours.

I did loose 7.5Lbs during the PreOp diet and feeling pretty good about it. The diet was easy to maintain. I have not updated my BMI scale below yet but I will once I get to feeling like sitting a bit longer.

Well done - don't overdo it but when your able try and get walking as this will help when the gas hits - I'm on day 6 and feeling better every day.

Good luck! :o

Here I am with band, just under 12 hours out of the hospital. Everything is smooth so far. :whoo:

It took me longer to get over the anastisia (spelling could be incorrect) than I originally thought but that was over after 5 hours.

I did loose 7.5Lbs during the PreOp diet and feeling pretty good about it. The diet was easy to maintain. I have not updated my BMI scale below yet but I will once I get to feeling like sitting a bit longer.

ME TOO... I was banded on the 12th as well!!! I lost 10 lbs on the preop diet... all is good here too... glad to meet ya!

Amy

Hey Neal (Sonic) glad to hear you came through ok. Let's see, it's the 14th today and I expect you feel like you've been stabbed in the stomach about 5 times with a knife....... oh wait........ you HAVE been stabbed in the stomach 5 times except with a scalpel! So if it's a "bad day" hang in there. By day 5 postop you're practically normal again!

Hi Amy, glad to meet you!

Holly

Glad you are doing well. I actually took a few more days then some to be up and at em. I am feeling much better today on day 5. But the previous days I did not feel well. Heal up and get to feeling better before you push it too much. My problem was not pain, just extreme nausea.

I am surprised how it seems that each day I feel worse - I think a lot has to do with the fact that I am off all my other meds until I go back for my post op check this week. I think my other ailments are starting to take over. I feel AWFUL!!!!

I bet if I were a "normal" person I wouldn't feel so bad but because I am off all my anti-inflammatory meds and other pain killers, I bet that is why I feel so lousy.

Thanks for the kind words - I hope it gets better soon.... The nausea is starting to get to me today really bad as well...

Amy:sick

Amy- I feel your pain. Today was the first day that I finally started to feel better and not have the nausea. I know it is so discouraging and awful to be so sick. Hang in there- my prayer was answered today and I am feeling relief. You will too soon- I promise.

:):girl_hug:

Amy- I feel your pain. Today was the first day that I finally started to feel better and not have the nausea. I know it is so discouraging and awful to be so sick. Hang in there- my prayer was answered today and I am feeling relief. You will too soon- I promise.

:Banane35::girl_hug:

Thanks!!! tomorrow will be another milestone - handling a two hour drive to class then Wed. teaching, then thur 2 hour class, 1.5 hr drive each way, then two hour additional drive to dr. for post op check... Did I mention I HATE driving!!!!! auggg...

:Banane10:

But it will all pay off I need to quit griping and be happy I had it....

Amy

Amy- how did your busy day go? I went back for my first day of work. It was long and boy am I tired. It will be nice when the weekend gets here to have a few more days to recoup. I have Friday's off, so only two more days to go!

Amy- how did your busy day go? I went back for my first day of work. It was long and boy am I tired. It will be nice when the weekend gets here to have a few more days to recoup. I have Friday's off, so only two more days to go!

Yesterday was pretty .. um .. bad - just wasn't feeling well at all - not due to the band - but due to other ailments. It was a very long day for me. Today - wasn't too bad (back to teaching today) and it was pretty great - except for the "I want to eat anything in sight - just give me something to chew on"

Great news on the Friday - that is nice.. I am taking friday off to just sit here and watch the boards and sleep... I too am ready for the weekend...

Going to be a couch potato for a bit now... chat at ya later..

How was your day today????

Amy

Today was my second day at work. I had a little scare. I was feeling a weird kindof pain around my heart/upper chest area when I woke up this morning. I called the doctor and he had me go do a chest x-ray, upper GI, and blood work. I guess what I was describing can sometimes be signs of a slippage. I was so freaked. But it sounded from the radiologist that everything looked okay. I will get the full report tomorrow at my first post of visit. Man was I worried!