Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just out of getting sleeved

1 hour ago, Noworneverthin said:

No bm for me yet either. I'm in a lot of pain. I can barely walk, sometimes I can and sometimes the muscle pulling and burning is too much. Stomach gurgling all the time and tons of trapped air in tummy, chest and back. In tears as I write. Your not alone and we will be OK
Its just a big surgery and we need to relearn how to eat like a 2 month old. Hang in there

Sent from my LGMS550 using BariatricPal mobile app

You're right. I took a nice nap, which seems to have helped a lot. Are you on any pain meds? I have Tylenol 3 (codeine), and it definitely helps take the edge off the pain. But I'm having all of the same symptoms. You hang in there, too!

I was sleeves on the 9th and ended up getting me some milk of magnesia and haven't had any problems with my BM since !

Hello, new to this site. I was sleeved on August 8th. At first felt great, but now six days out, my stomach is a little swollen, have pain throughout my belly/stomach region whenever I eat, which is only liquids. I had BM's several days after surgery and they were tarry black and consistency of smooth Peanut Butter. But today, I had major intestinal pain then major diarrhea which basically wiped me out for like 8 hours and had trouble getting even Water down without a lot of pain/discomfort. I have been able to eat a little this evening - about 4 ounces), still with pain though. The pain hasn't been enough to take pain killer, but almost. Temperature is normal, no drainage and/or heat from any of the surgery sites. Has anyone been experiencing any of these after surgery problems? What are you doing to help with the discomfort and with the swelling around belly. Thank you - Sylvien

Its nice to read all of your comments as I am having my surgery in just 2 days (the 16th). Its good to know what expect for afterwards!Thank You![emoji1]

Sent from my SM-T530NU using BariatricPal mobile app

I am 6 days out and just had my 1st bm with the help of a suppository and I don't have tarry black stools. I would call on that just in case its bleeding internal. Could be nothing but with all the pain I would be safe and call. I did notice a little red blood but it was fresh, could have been a fissure which I currently do have. As far as tummy pain goes, mine still is more of a cramp on and off and gassy. Sometimes its hard to eat too

Sent from my LGMS550 using BariatricPal mobile app