Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Walk as much as you can stand it. Also keep moving even when not walking. I would do shoulder rolls and arm movements to get the gas moving when I was sitting. Change positions frequently as well. My doc allows gas meds in the hospital so I did have those on board but I still had a lot of gas pain, I thought I was having a heart attack. It was much better by day 3 and 4.

As for restriction, I didn't begin to really start to feel it until I started on soft solids, so about 4 weeks for me.

Anyone else have trouble getting out of bed? I can walk and sit down and stand up but moving from laying down to sitting up is hard. Any idea when this will get better?

My belly is swollen. I had to put on my biggest shorts that usually barely stay up.

When did you start feeling full/restriction ? If you don't mind me asking

Well with fluids they go down really easy. I would say the first feeling of being full did not come for me until soft food. I hear this is really common. Also everyone has a different feeling of being full. For me it comes as feeling like the food is right in the middle of my chest. It feels like if I take another bite it will not be good. But I will say it is not the feeling of being full you had before. It will be totally different.

I'm home now guys, been home since yesterday. Dealing w| a lot of nausea and gas. I slept ok last night, my incisions are only painful on my right side so I'm not sure about that. I'm trying to drink more but I'm not even thirsty, how're you guys holding up?

I'm home now guys, been home since yesterday. Dealing w| a lot of nausea and gas. I slept ok last night, my incisions are only painful on my right side so I'm not sure about that. I'm trying to drink more but I'm not even thirsty, how're you guys holding up?

I'm 12 days out and I still have a little tenderness on side that had the largest incision. I took medication for my nausea for about 6 days. Then it turned around. The first week just try to focus on getting as much Fluid as possible even if you are not thirsty. I was the total opposite I have been dying of thirst. If you can start trying to get off the pain medication. I only took it a total of 4 times once I was home. I took liquid Tylenol adult and it seemed to work just as well and the foggy feeling I had slowly went away. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

I'm day three. That gas almost killed me. I took a laxative and got all the intestinal gas out and then I walked to get the surgical gas out. I'm so thirsty and I'm trying not to chug. I also have no idea how much liquid I can hold without stretching my stomach. Do you have any idea? I pretty much finished a whole pint glass of Water in 15 min with tiny sips. My mouth is dry so I know I need to do better than I did yesterday with the liquids. I can barely even feel my stomach. The incision pain on the right is out of this world. Tylenol Cod. Did absolutely nothing for me but make me feel crazy so I stopped taking it. I did however reach out to my surgeon to get a diff type of pain med.. I want to not take anything but the pain is pretty bad but, much better since the gas is gone.

Wish you all the best

I am 14 days post op and the big incision on the right is much better but was quite tender for the first 10 days. The other small ones are totally healed. I was not thirsty either post op but just make yourself drink ladycharizar. Dehydration will set it fast and it is a major setback with our condition. Sip sip sip. Southernbellair79 is right about the Fluid intake.

Thankfully I haven't experienced nausea at all since discharge which was 2 days post op. Drinking fine and starting purée diet today! Small steps. We will get there!

I'm day three. That gas almost killed me. I took a laxative and got all the intestinal gas out and then I walked to get the surgical gas out. I'm so thirsty and I'm trying not to chug. I also have no idea how much liquid I can hold without stretching my stomach. Do you have any idea? I pretty much finished a whole pint glass of Water in 15 min with tiny sips. My mouth is dry so I know I need to do better than I did yesterday with the liquids. I can barely even feel my stomach. The incision pain on the right is out of this world. Tylenol Cod. Did absolutely nothing for me but make me feel crazy so I stopped taking it. I did however reach out to my surgeon to get a diff type of pain med.. I want to not take anything but the pain is pretty bad but, much better since the gas is gone.

Wish you all the best

Try OTC adult liquid Tylenol. It worked for me really well.

I hope you feel better. I was sleeved on July 26th and didn't experience gas pains and had very little nausea.

I feel much better but I am struggling with this liquid diet. I went around looking for sugar free candies to Break it up... they were not lying when they said sugar alcohols will give you so much gas and diarrhea. I'm not hungry but I'm so tired of drinking fake sugar. I'd much rather just stick to natural sugars in food. At one point in my life I did work out and lost a lot of weight and I was hooked on sugar free stuff. Now it just makes me nauseous . [emoji24] I can't wait until Monday's . How are you feeling now? How's your weight loss going?

I feel much better but I am struggling with this liquid diet. I went around looking for sugar free candies to Break it up... they were not lying when they said sugar alcohols will give you so much gas and diarrhea. I'm not hungry but I'm so tired of drinking fake sugar. I'd much rather just stick to natural sugars in food. At one point in my life I did work out and lost a lot of weight and I was hooked on sugar free stuff. Now it just makes me nauseous . [emoji24] I can't wait until Monday's . How are you feeling now? How's your weight loss going?

Well I can say I'm feeling a lot better but not 100% I still have the gas issue and nausea now but I'm taking all my meds so I should be ok. My stomach is so painful b/c of the incisions but I'm hoping they heal, I'm also struggling with protein! Shame on me but I haven't had any yet, I'm starting tomorrow; my body doesn't tolerate whey so I'm finding ways around that. I lost 13 pounds so that happened lol but How're you ??!

Yea the gas is the worst. So I went down the sugar free fat free candy rode. Don't do it!!!! I realized I can still take down liquids like a champ . So instead of taking 5 days to drink one bottle of clear Protein Drink it takes me like a half hour. I
Was so hungry today and was upset that I still can't even eat cream Soups that I
Ate 1 saltine .. and a tbsp on unshelled sunflower seed kernels. I chewed it with Water in my mouth and for a long time .I feel guilty.. oh so guilty. It's better than the grilled cheese I wanted to shove down my throat. I can't eat Jello. I tried. It's just not a thing lol .. next week I'm looking forward to puréed soups and full liquids.. and fat free sugar free ice cream. I'm on the struggle bus. I refuse to weigh myself! CONGRATS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!