Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 8/10/2017 at 3:28 PM, zallykatz16 said:

Does everybody have to do a liquid diet before surgery?

Everyone I know of does. Typically liquid diet 2 weeks before surgery to get your liver out of the way. No one wants a nicked liver.

@Shan W I'm glad to hear it because I have seen on the web that some doctors don't do a complete liquid for 2 weeks.

FYI to everyone (I think I got everyone in this thread. Sorry if I missed you just let me now and I'll fix it!) I followed everyone in this thread so that way we might be able to message each other and help to guide each other through this process if we need it! Kind of be our own support group since we will be going through the phases at the same time! Don't think I'm being a creeper! lol. Just wanted a list of y'all just incase I had questions or you did as well! :) CANNOT WAIT FOR SEPTEMBER 7th!!!

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 12.02.50 PM.png

Sounds good. I can't wait for September either.

Just keep swimming as Dorie says in Finding Nemo. We will get to September before we know it. I get scared but them I realize what this surgery will do for my health and I feel better. My biggest concern is the emotional side of eating. I found a great book The psychology of finally being Full From Within by Dr. Colleen Long, Psy. D. It is helping me better prepare for surgery. I am also in therapy and I just found a psychiatrist to manage my medication.

Cheers,

Zallykatz16

FYI to everyone (I think I got everyone in this thread. Sorry if I missed you just let me now and I'll fix it!) I followed everyone in this thread so that way we might be able to message each other and help to guide each other through this process if we need it! Kind of be our own support group since we will be going through the phases at the same time! Don't think I'm being a creeper! lol. Just wanted a list of y'all just incase I had questions or you did as well! [emoji4] CANNOT WAIT FOR SEPTEMBER 7th!!!
5991c9c86fba0_ScreenShot2017-08-14at12_02_50PM.png.6fcc78e098c59da371071dfe71dc51fb.png

Please add me to the list. I'm scheduled for 9/18.

Sent from my QTAIR7 using BariatricPal mobile app

BTW, my pre surgical diet is a partial liquid diet. I have 2 Protein Drinks, 2 Snacks of Jello and vegetables and 1 lean cuisine type meal for each day.

13 hours ago, zallykatz16 said:

Just keep swimming as Dorie says in Finding Nemo. We will get to September before we know it. I get scared but them I realize what this surgery will do for my health and I feel better. My biggest concern is the emotional side of eating. I found a great book The psychology of finally being Full From Within by Dr. Colleen Long, Psy. D. It is helping me better prepare for surgery. I am also in therapy and I just found a psychiatrist to manage my medication.

Cheers,

Zallykatz16

Thanks for the book suggestion! I'll be looking into it!

11 hours ago, jrmoseley said:

Please add me to the list. I'm scheduled for 9/18.

Okie dokie! on it! sorry about that! :)