Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Quick first fill question...

Hello all,

I had my first fill today---after 3 months (damn insurance waiting period!!!)... He had me up to 4.6ccs, but took out .10cc because drinking Water was slightly uncomfortable. So---I am at 4.5ccs in my 10cc band.

I'm on liquids for the day...but I am STARVING!!! I kind of had the impression that the hunger that I have been experiencing for two months, now would be gone. But it is not. In fact, I feel as though I've eaten more today than I have lately. Is this some sort of sick joke, or meerly happening because there is nothing solid to fill the tummy for a while? Do you suppose I will feel better restriction tomorrow when I make my foray into mushie solids????

It seems rather anti-climatic...I was anticipating a little bit more...

Oh, and the fill was done under fluero...

In other news...dh had his second fill and is at 10.2...The dr. said life is now going to change for him and he will officially be saying hello to the two hundreds soon. Thank God...he's doing so well, but has been struggling with hunger and feeling the desire to eat too much. Hoping this fill helps fix that for him.

Thanks for the answer in advance!!!

I didnt feel much until I went on solid food. I was also hungry right after. I started eating less about 3 days later. Alas, that only lasted a week or so and now I am scheduled for a second fill.

Hi Rain!

Congratulations on your fill! You may be like me and find that it takes some time--even as long as a week or two--for the fill to "kick in" and really make itself felt. I remember it once taking three weeks. So don't give up or leap to conclusions. Just give your body time since many of us (especially women!) find that our bodies take a little while to sort of "realize" a tightening has taken place.

You are doing so well!! :biggrin1:

Hi ladies,

Thank you for your replies...I'm hoping for a bit of a difference tomorrow...

Alexandra, how did you enjoy Tuesday night? Pat had a great time (it's so his thing to do something like that!...I would have died!!!) He did have a good time and enjoyed meeting Ali's daughter...and spending time with you and the other folks from Abkin's office. He said that your discussion re: your rebanding was quite interesting.

Also, how are you doing with your new job? Many congrats and hopes that it is fulfilling you.

All my best,

Lorraine

Tuesday night was great, really, sort of to my surprise. I used to go to new-patient seminars all the time but haven't in quite a while, and I had forgotten how inspirational they are--for ME. I was reminded all over again how blessed I am to have this band, to live where I live, to have had the skills and resources to go up against my insurers, and to have my doctors office be so supportive. It's just been an amazing ride and Tuesday night brought it all home once again. (And it was all about the band, for a refreshing change! Those seminars are usually heavily weighted toward RNY, no pun intended.) Khaliah Ali was a wonderful speaker!

And the new job is amazing, stressful, fun, scary, basically all the things I'd hoped it would be. I am SO HAPPY to be out of that insurance office!! Still selling insurance, though, so if you know anyone who needs a NJ small group plan, send 'em my way. ;-))

My wife and I can not wait for our first fill on Monday. We have been hungery and able to eat a lot. I hope that it will also help slow us down to. Eating a bit fast today and ended up PBing so I learned something new. However one of the hardest things for me is to slow down and take small drinks of fluids instead of large ones like I used to do before banding. I work outside a lot and have to learn to adjust to this.

Chris

For some reason it seems to take a week or more for a fill to take effect on some people......no one I've ever heard of seems to know the reason why, but it does happen.