Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Proteinaholic by Dr Garth Davis

You warned me. I am
not offended at all. I wasn't sure what you meant by attitude so I checked it out. no worries.

Whew!!
I guess I'm more the rock n roll type - I'm fond of the Vegan Heavy Metal Chef too!!!

catt

1 hour ago, Apple1 said:

dinner at my house tonight.

IMG_0538.JPG

You can eat that much? Looks about like 2-3 meals for me ;) lol! Maybe the plate is smaller than it looks..

6 hours ago, CattMyst said:

If you can handle the attitude, Thug Kitchen rocks!!!!

catt

O-my! No, I couldn't handle it either. 😂 I'm not offended either, just not my cup of tea!

35 minutes ago, Berry78 said:

You can eat that much? Looks about like 2-3 meals for me ;) lol! Maybe the plate is smaller than it looks..

Could be the hubby's plate??? Lol. I take pics of my hubby's a lot, just cause it looks more put together than my tiny portions.

2 hours ago, Apple1 said:

dinner at my house tonight.

IMG_0538.JPG

That looks great and filling. Is that the bean salad recipe you shared on the other thread (or was it here)?

Ok I am maybe 85% done with Proteinaholic. Slowed down a bit due to being super busy this past week. I love the new found knowledge I have that is backed up with source. I love being introduced to Dr michael Greger (thanks again @fruitandveggies!) and learning so much science. BUT I find myself (not being superior-like) holding my breath and rolling my eyes when I scroll through all the bad advice given from other forum members!!! I want to shout science but have a feeling it won't go very well, feels almost like a minnow in shark infested waters. when the time feels right, I'll speak up. For now, I'm enjoying this choir. 😁

5 hours ago, Berry78 said:

Oh no, lol, that was my dh plate.

I should have been more specific. I can eat 4oz of salad and I am full.

5 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Is that the bean salad recipe you shared on the other thread (or was it here)?

Yes, It is the bean salad over a mixed asian salad blend. The two went well together and my dh was finishing up the bean salad. It was very good.

4 hours ago, Newme17 said:

BUT I find myself (not being superior-like) holding my breath and rolling my eyes when I scroll through all the bad advice given from other forum members!!! I want to shout science but have a feeling it won't go very well, feels almost like a minnow in shark infested waters. when the time feels right, I'll speak up. For now, I'm enjoying this choir. 😁

I was thinking the same thing last night. Once you have been introduced to the research and start learning the truth it is hard to read all the posts about the excessive amounts of Protein people are eating. So many doc/nuts really push the high protein low carb diets.

I am so grateful you posted this information and that I was open to looking into it for myself. I think to each his own though. If the diet you are eating is working for you and you are happy then that is all that matters. But if you are searching for a diet that will give you optimal health you need to look into the research because the science is clear. Why would our bodies be designed to process and use sugar for energy as its first choice if we weren't supposed to eat a diet heavy on carbs? Fat burning for energy is the alternate process. The light bulb went off for me when the science showed that vegans and vegetarians have the lowest percentage of type 2 diabetes.

4 hours ago, Apple1 said:

But if you are searching for a diet that will give you optimal health you need to look into the research because the science is clear.

I believe many are not after the health aspect but the vanity aspect. We all know that going from obese to normal is healthier, but it's the questions of "how much weight can I lose?" "What size will I be?" "How can I lose faster?" that seems to be the forefront of all, whether wls or dieting. Seems to become a true health issue when it's too late (or being diagnosed) and then we start to think about our insides more. Does that make sense? I told my surgeon, I'll be very happy (and continue to be) if I stay at 205lbs knowing I'm truly in optimal health now. He got a smile and nodded his head like "this girl has got it". I'm am very grateful for the knowledge myself and it's just too hard to ignore the science and facts even if I tried to. It's just too clear to be ignored.

9 hours ago, Newme17 said:

I'm am very grateful for the knowledge myself and it's just too hard to ignore the science and facts even if I tried to. It's just too clear to be ignored.

I agree. The problem is both sides of the research have flaws in their design and or the type of studies, but when you look at the totality of the weight of the evidence it is impossible to ignore.

I got the book "How Not to Die" for my Audible app so I can listen during my one hour commute to and from work. I figure it is a good use of my time and it should compliment this book nicely. I will post any interesting or especially important information as it relates to the WFPB diet.

@Apple1 you will love the book! Best 18 hours of my life. ;p And he's very aware and discusses known flaws in studies he reports on. Love that we know we're getting the best science.

Edited by fruitandveggies

On 8/20/2017 at 8:25 PM, CattMyst said:

Whew!!
I guess I'm more the rock n roll type - I'm fond of the Vegan Heavy Metal Chef too!!!

catt

I love vegan Heavy Metal Chef! Hail seitan! ;p ;p