Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Start my liquid diet tomorrow..I'm having a hot dog tonight!

No....I'm going to have 2 hot dogs! :hungry:

Tomorrow I start my Optifast 2 week before surgery diet so I thought I'd go out with a bang. Actually, I've been REALLY good for the last 2 weeks. Cutting way back on food and surviving mostly on SlimFast low carb high Protein drinks. With that, I've lost 7lbs in the last 2 weeks.

Wish me luck.

Dave

Hi David

Yesterday was my first day of pre-ops. It wasn't any fun but today is going better. I only have to do six days so I'm 1/3 done! Good luck to you! When is your surgery? Where?

I am on day 7 of a 10 day liquid diet and it really does suck! It seems like I've seen more good looking food in the last week than I have in the last year, and I CAN'T HAVE ANY OF IT! The only thing that keeps me going is the fact that as of this morning, I've lost 15 pounds in 6 days!! I am proud to say that I have not cheated at all!

My diet is very strict. It consists of: :hungry:

2 Protein shakes spread out over 4 "meals" each day

2 cups or less of skim milk, juice w/o pulp, or gatorade per day - which I honestly haven't had any of this yet

2 Flintstone's Children Vitamins (one twice a day)

AND all I can eat sugar-free Jello, sugar-free popcicles, and water!

That's it! I thought I was going to die the first two or three days, but now I've gotten used to it and I am not starving. I'm hungry, but not starving. The day before surgury I have to cut out the Protein Shakes, and go to Clear liquids only, so that may very well be a rough day, but it's only one day!!!

My surgery is next Tuesday (less than 96 hours away) and I can't wait to get it over with so I can have some Tomato Soup the next day!!

Show me some love, I'm working hard here!!:clap2: If I can do it, you can do! We're in this together and in the end, all this suffering will be SOOOOO worth it!

"15 pounds in 6 days"....wow...that's great!

I get 5 Optifast a day but can also have broth. The dr did say that I'd probably get sick of the sweet taste so the broth did a good job on cutting through that.

Surgery is being performed in Dade City FL (just north of Tampa) and am scheduled for the 26th of October.

Friday is pizza night here for the kids and that won't be easy but I know I'll make it through.

Hi David

Good luck tonight. I'm watching the baseball game and I want pizza and potato chips - instead I'm having crystal light and some cheese. The mental connection between events/occasions and food is tough to break. I can't wait until Tuesday. I hope my surgery goes smoothly, I wake up with a minimum of pain, little or no hunger and zero nausea! I'll let you all know when I get home .. on Wed.

Well, my diet didnt sound hard but I am ssooo hungry. I am on day five of the pre-op and today I wanted to scream or pull my hair out!!! It shouldnt be this hard, I think. My doc prescribes phase one of the South Beach diet, but still need to keep it low cal as well so it is not like an all you can eat buffet of chicken and vegetables....at least if I could eat those when I was hungry I would feel better....Also starting to get grouchy....I dont like myself when I am grouchy, and I am sure no one else does either....lol.Tuesday please come soon!:o