Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

constipation (not for those that get queasy)

Hi Everyone,

I have not seen much on this topic but here goes. Really try and get enough Water in please as much as you can and do include Fiber in your daily routine if you feel that you are getting constipated please get some kind of stool softner into you as soon as possible. You see I waited to long and now I am paying for it. Three years ago when my youngest son was born I got what they call a Thrombosis Hemorroid and it had to be lacerated because there was nothing that could heal it. Well 3 weeks ago I started getting constipated whether it was from not enough water or fiber I do not know think it was both to tell the truth well lo and behold guess what popped up literally. As soon as it popped up I tried everything I could PH - Anusol - Hot baths nothing worked. Anyway today was the last straw I could not sit nor stand anymore so went to the Dr and had to have it Lacerated again, Not only was there one initial cut but she had to keep cutting up the vein there were so many clots not to mention the pain of the needle to numb it,.

I am working and trying hard not to move to much but I know that I am going to feel better with each day. But if I can help any one with this information then it was all worth it.

Gosh, Mary E., that has to be painful! Thank goodness you went to the dr. before you became impacted and had even more problems. Be sure your stool softener pills aren't too big. I swallowed a gel-cap that got stuck, nasty and painful.

Thanks Marie,

Wow you mean it could have gotten worse? Never heard of impacted

My pills are quited small plus The Bariatric nurse said there was some Fiber crackers I could eat as well so I will be looking for those in a couple of days when I can get around a little better.

OUCH! I had something horribly painful and gross when I was just a teen... some kind of paianoial (nurses, please help me with that word) cyst on what I like to call my lower back, but it was really at the top of my butt crack! I actually screamed at the top of my lungs when they lanced it. Now you don't gotta feel so alone. Us people can be really gross!

Pillondial? or something to that effect??

Yes. this is a pretty big issue, especially if you're really following Protein, Protein, protein. There is another thread not too long ago about this. I've resorted to eating Frosted Mini Wheats, snacking on Prunes and being more concerned with fiber instead of protein. Geez... does anyone know the right combination to getting ALL this right? Poor thing. I do feel for you. I know it's better now, but what can I say? Been there.. done that... Ouchy..

Ouchy is right. I've had problems along those lines myself. Prune juice, and Benefiber (doesn't bulk up) are my suggestions.

Please, people, I wouldn't try the bulking Fiber like Metamucil unless you can chug a couple of glasses of Water one after another. That stuff expands, and gels up. Not a good thing for someone with restriction.

OUCH! I had something horribly painful and gross when I was just a teen... some kind of paianoial (nurses, please help me with that word) cyst on what I like to call my lower back, but it was really at the top of my butt crack! I actually screamed at the top of my lungs when they lanced it. Now you don't gotta feel so alone. Us people can be really gross!

Lisa, that type of cyst is VERY commen... AND painful. My sister and my cousin each had one in the same area, on their tailbone! Very very painful!

Mary, Im not sure if this is the kind of response you are needing to hear, but when I feel like Im getting a little "stopped up" and the prunes are no longer working, I take a prescription laxative called Miralax. VERY gentle. Works well too. Actually it was prescribed for my 4yr old daughter who was having problems a year ago with passing large stools. Anyway, I just felt the need to spread that name and let others know that they can try Miralax before resorting to dynamite!!!!!! (lol)

I had one removed when I was 19 years old, it was quite painful. Before having it removed it would drain, itch, and be sore. Lisa, that's right where it is, top of the butt crack. If you don't have it removed and only lanced, it can come back.

I've been using prunes as a snack as well, wonderful gas I might add. But prunes alone do not do the trick for me and great Leatha, just what I needed to hear, Protein adds to the problem. If anyone finds the miracle fiber, please let us know.

(my dh just came in and wanted to know what I was reading and couldn't believe I was discussing Constipation with strangers, I said, but I know these people)

(my dh just came in and wanted to know what I was reading and couldn't believe I was discussing Constipation with strangers, I said, but I know these people)

LOL, Pat! I don't discuss these problems with anyone else! LOL

great Leatha, just what I needed to hear, Protein adds to the problem. If anyone finds the miracle Fiber, please let us know.

LMAO.. sorry.. chili has fiber.. lol.

Lots of Water and a long brisk walk always does the trick for me... ya gotta get movin' to get movin. Thanks for the name of that horrifying cyst. Most painful thing I ever had. It started small, and I thought it was a mosquito bite so I kept scratching and scratching till it got bigger. Gross.

A doctor once told me if I drink a can of V8 every day I wouldn't have a problem. I do it, and so far I haven't had any problem (unless I forget to drink it for a few days).