Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I won't follow the herd any more...

Can you imagine Dee turning down such an offer?

Dee made a lot of claims about Amy. Said they were good friends, they chatted all the time, Dee could get by with anything because they were friends, could get posts/threads deleted... when push came to shove the threads she wanted to disappear the most are still there AND Dee got herself moderated by Amy.

Needless to say, Dee was pretty miffed at Amy.

Funny how friends moderate one another. :eek:

I don't believe in moderating by shutting someone up - I have 5 sisters - debate is healthy!

"I will choose my battles carefully in the future. "

Yes, I do this. I don't care for heated debates and would rather make a friend than win an argument any day. It's a dangerous world we live in, sad to say. :eek:

Nina

You know, I normally don't care for heated debates either, at least out in real life. Online, though? I don't see any reason to censor my thoughts and beliefs. You see, people online rarely affect my life. With very few exceptions, I don't CARE if I'm friends with them or not, since I'm not likely to ever meet them or speak to them in person. My online friends take me for what I am. Hell, they may even know me better than the people in real life, just because I don't have to censor myself for their benefit. If I'm going to be friends with someone, I'll be friends with them. But I'm not going to mold myself into something I'm not just to play nice.

Caeli was a strong supportive member of OH, with personal issues outside her control. She is *not* the person I was referring to, btw, just someone who is very special. She left OH for a very long time because the person you refer to "mocked her, taunted her and humiliated her", in her words. She posted asking for support about very personal issues, while she was in a fragile state, and something hurt her badly. I never asked for details - if I don't know them I can't repeat them. I just know that when I tried to convince her to return for the support she wanted, she was so hesitant. She made a few small steps in that direction and now we rarely see her online. She is someone who did help many people, and now needs the support of understanding friends. That sux.

Darn that Wendell!!! I bet he’s responsible for us never finding those weapons of mass destruction and global warming as well..... And maybe even that hanging chad thing in Florida.....:angry

Darn that Wendell!!! I bet he’s responsible for us never finding those weapons of mass destruction and global warming as well..... And maybe even that hanging chad thing in Florida.....:angry

Darn, I did it again. I gotta keep my mouth shut over here.:faint:

:spit::eek::rofl::P

Darn, I did it again. I gotta keep my mouth shut over here.:faint:

I just think you guys go a little overboard at times with blaming him for the ill's of the OH board. Sandy has posted on that board that she does not believe I am a cancer researcher. Do I care? Hell no. I have publications and she does not. I have a job doing what I say I do (that I really need to be posting data for now instead of writing this) and she does not. There is nothing that Sandy can say to me that will affect the way I feel about myself. I am responsible for me. There comes a time when you just have to quit blaming your problems on others.

Originally Posted by Nancy B viewpost.gif

I am not ignoring your question...just not sure how to answer. You might have gotten more out of me, if not for Lauren posting the private e-mail request I sent to Wendell (which went ignored, BTW). She had it at the tip of her fingers. So nothing I say will be confidential...I'm sure of that.

That's a cop-out. I posted that PM because I felt that you lied about something. I'm not in the habit of posting someone's private conversations just because I don't agree with them. The fact is, I said something along the lines of you seeming to be a little two-faced, making negative posts about him one minute and then sending him PMs, trying to get him to show you his blog for your own purposes. You said something along the lines of "now, that's funny." I certainly wasn't going to let you get away with making a statement that implied that I was making the whole thing up. The fact is, I regret the whole thing. Not because it outed you, though, but because I allowed you to piss me off so much that I betrayed my friend's trust (wasn't Wendell, btw).

That's a cop-out. I posted that PM because I felt that you lied about something. I'm not in the habit of posting someone's private conversations just because I don't agree with them. The fact is, I said something along the lines of you seeming to be a little two-faced, making negative posts about him one minute and then sending him PMs, trying to get him to show you his blog for your own purposes. You said something along the lines of "now, that's funny." I certainly wasn't going to let you get away with making a statement that implied that I was making the whole thing up. The fact is, I regret the whole thing. Not because it outed you, though, but because I allowed you to piss me off so much that I betrayed my friend's trust (wasn't Wendell, btw).

So that's a third person who has access to my mail. All the more reason to keep my mouth shut.

So that's a third person who has access to my mail. All the more reason to keep my mouth shut.

I wonder how many people had access to my email via that email list? From what LN told Vicki it sure sounds like a lot.

I wonder how many people had access to my email via that email list? From what LN told Vicki it sure sounds like a lot.

I don't know if this is directed to me, but I don't know who you're talking about.

It's time for clarification.

Wendell did share your email with me, just as you guys share emails and PMs (I know you guys have shared my PMs, someone was forwarding them to me as they were flying around from one mailbox to another until I finally said enough, I didn't want to see my own PMs anymore. Considering I wrote them I knew full well what was written and those I didn't write I didn't care about anyway). I asked him if he was going to respond, he said no. I said I would, I suggested he email you and give you my email address. I'd be happy to share it with you. It's all public info anyway, it's no big deal. The licensing issues in multi states, the mug shot, the arrest records, the various laws especially in OR about current actions... all public info.

He said if I wanted to respond to you that I was free to do so. After thinking about it I decided probably wouldn't serve a purpose anyway. I asked Lauren if she wanted to. She said no.

*I* am the one that made a mistake here. I am the one that was under the impression Wendell didn't care who provided you with the info you were looking for. I should have clarified that first and I did not do that. I really didn't know how sincere you were in requesting the info and I decided that it would really be a waste of time as I had already given someone else the info to find it for herself. I never gave her links, I gave her the info so she could find it for herself. That way there was no question if I was making all this up or if the public info is actually there and available for all to see. And obtain copies of, I might add.

That is what happened.

Not the least bit different from what you guys did and quite often, I might add.

Do you honestly expect us to believe that y'all weren't passing PMs and emails around like candy? Seriously? Enough has been said here and at OH that we all know that isn't true. I am getting sick and tired of the "poor Sandy" routine that you guys have going. We're supposed to believe that Wendell is the root of all evil, apparently. Give me a fucking break. While none of us here have pretended that Wendell was an angel, he certainly didn't force Sandy to act the way she did and he didn't force you guys to act the way you did. And while I can understand not wanting to admit just how bad Sandy's actions were (after all, she pretended to be your friend, I guess), I can't understand the focus that you guys seem to have on believing that Wendell forced her into anything. Guess what? She is an adult. She could have put him on "block" on OH, and so could you guys. So what that he posted about Protein Shakes? Who cares? If you don't like to read someone's posts, DON'T.