Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 days. . .need support

Hello all! I am going to be banded on Friday morning. Does anyone have any inspirations, thoughts, advise, suggestions? Maybe share things you wish someone told you right before the surgry?

I feel prepared, just anxious. I have been having bad dreams about the surgry for the past few nights.

Thank you all!

Hi there.....I was banded July 30th......the recovery was VERY smooth and I felt pretty good right after surgery. I was just groggy......I was up and walking quickly, rested well and transitioned well. Get your rest.....take care of your body......be patient......

Hello all! I am going to be banded on Friday morning. Does anyone have any inspirations, thoughts, advise, suggestions? Maybe share things you wish someone told you right before the surgry?

I feel prepared, just anxious. I have been having bad dreams about the surgry for the past few nights.

Thank you all!

Hi I was banded, on Aug 7. I love my band. I was 353 pounds on June 19 , on my surgery day I was 330 , now Oct 10 I weigh 273 pounds. Did I mention I love my band. It has helped me , first by being a reminder, not to eat at the wrong time, or for the wrong reason. I am an emotional eater and an extreme over eater. The band helps me feel more full and quicker.

There is some discomfort after the procedure, but it is well worth it. Just follow your doctors info and you will be fine.

Good luck , Bob

Make sure you have a good heating pad. This was a life saver for the intense gas pain I experience in my shoulders. Aside from that I have had no problems. Good Luck on your journey!

Just keep in mind that you are important and this is something that will help you. I have read that some people feel like they had made a mistake right after they had the surgery, but I've never read that anyone said that a few weeks out.

Recovery, for the most part, isn't difficult. There is a little pain and it is tolerable. You will be soooo glad that you did this and you will feel anxious with anticipation about the journey you have started. Best of luck!

I'm sure you will be fine. If you are worried about the pain, for a lot of us, the pain never got above a 4 on a 1-10 scale. Personally, my pain stayed around a 2. I thought my stomach was going to hurt, but it was gas in my shoulder that took the pain crown, which is the only time I got up to a 4. liquid Roxicet knocked that right out though. :)

I'm 13 days post op and can barely even tell I had the surgery. I am on the elliptical machine daily (since last Friday), and I have been doing crunches since Monday. Last Sunday I even played golf...all on the go-ahead from my surgeon of course. Your recovery may or may not be as swift.

If your concern is hunger, that also varies. I was not hungry at all during my Clear liquids stage. Now that I am eating full liquids I do get the occasional hunger pang, but a sugar free popsicle or Protein shake takes care of that too.

Motivation? For me, my motivation is I've lost an entire 2 year old child (almost 25 pounds) hanging off of my sides and I'm cinching my belt in two notches more than 2 weeks ago. This morning I put on a pair of pants I haven't worn in a year. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!! You'll do GREAT! :confused:

Good luck! Dont be scared... just VERY excited! My band was the best thing that I've ever done for myself. I was a self-pay too. I will be paying my "friend" off for the next 5 years. BUT I don't regret it from one single second.

My highest weight ever was 287 - I am at 177 right now! Had the sugery last December. So... 9 months? NOT too shabby. Could never have done it without the help from my band.

Jump in with both feet. go all the way with it. get up and moving as soon as possible after surgery and you will be up and at them in no time at all.

good luck to you and CONGRATULATIONS on the new, wonderful life!