Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kelly-Dylans Mom???

Anyone hear from Kelly lately? It's been a few days and she wasn't feeling well.

Here's to you Kelly girl, hope you're ok.

So glad to hear you're feeling better, (next time that DH will take your seriously), and sounds like on the way back to being yourself. Take care of yourself.

i've had several episodes of not being able to stop pewking, and don't know how they're going to accomodate. i'm worried about slipping, but figure if i tell them all they'll need to know ahead of time, they'll tell me all i need to know to prevent this. i'm worried for this, though, which prob goes right along with the 24 hrs leading into surgery......

Kelli

I'm sorry to hear of all of this but glad to hear you are on the mend..dont fret about what you are eating right now, the main thing is to get well and get your strength back up..I remember when I had esophagitis and did not eat for 2 weeks, when I felt good enough to eat..I ATE and did not care what I was eating, I just wanted to feel better.

A bit of advice for us bandsters so Northener tell your Doctor this

Ask your PCP to give you a prescription of Phenergen suppositories to keep on hand in your medicine cabinent in the event you get the flu..they work great .It's what I did and am greatful I did.

the ONLY thing in my life i've been declarled allergic to is phenergan. i don't necessarily agree with the diagnosis, but the experience was SO BAD that i won't question it. at this point in my life, i declare that i'm allergic to phenergan. or whatever. it's posted in neon stickers on my hospital file. don't think for a moment i agree with their assessment, but i'll play along......

after phenergan, what are the other alternatives? there have to be many! can you help? i've found that the more intelligent i approach my (local) health situation, the FAR MORE intelligent we all tend to be. . .

Glad you are starting to get better! Don't kick yourself for not getting the flu shot...it wouldn't have helped. Your symptoms sound more like gastroentiritis, which people mistakenly call "stomach flu." The flu shot only helps with influenza, which is a respiratory virus. So the flu shot wouldn't have prevented this. :/ Also, if you're getting an antibiotic, that means it's something bacterial...because antibiotics won't do a thing for a virus. So I wonder what you contracted! Sounds like a nasty bug!

I learned all this because all three of my kids and my husband went through "gastroentiritis" the week before Christmas. I was the only one who--knock on wood--didn't get sick!

I PB'd twice since having the band and it left my stomach feeling very sore. So I can't imagine how awful it is to have an upset stomach. ;) Glad your band is still okay too!