Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tummy tuck in canada

Did anyone get it done in canada? and how much was it? how much weight do you need to lose? I think my family dr was wrong and its not cover by health care boob job is. thanks for your help

andrea

2 people, One thought

I can't believe you posted this, I have been looking for this info for the last few days. I did a google search and found that roughly the cost is between 4 and 8 thousand. I too would love to hear from those that have had it done, also anyone who has had a body lift.

I am getting a little ahead of myself, as I was just banded less than 2 months ago, but I have a feeling I need to start saving now.

Getting a head of my self too but its giving me something to look forward too so i email one dr in calgary he wants $8200. wow i cant believe it.

Which Dr. in Calgary? Was it Dr. Perron by chance, if so I have heard he is one of the best.

Andrew

yes it is Dr. Perron I really didnt think it would cost this much.

That is actually cheaper than I thought it would be.

I have a consult with Dr. Perron in June to see about having mine done by Alberta Health Care. There is a really long wait on Alberta, and he is one of the only surgeons in Calgary that does them for AHC.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I will have it covered.

I better get my butt in gear and lose all my weight before I seen him though.

Andrew

Cause from what I understand, I believe probably all of the provinces cover the 'panni', just not the Tummy Tuck, because that is considered cosmetic, not reconstructive... you need to show that the skin is causing you pain/distress/rashes/etc and affecting your quality of life.

Cause from what I understand, I believe probably all of the provinces cover the 'panni', just not the Tummy Tuck, because that is considered cosmetic, not reconstructive... you need to show that the skin is causing you pain/distress/rashes/etc and affecting your quality of life.

I think the term that my Dr., and Dr. Perron's office used when we were talking was abdominoplasty. What exactly that entials I am not sure at this point.

I dont even know if I will need a full blown tummy tuck, I just need to get rid of my deflated gut. I would also like to have him look at my man boobs. I am more self concious of them than my gut. Having been obese all of my life has left my body in rough shape. My butt, inner thighs, gut and man boobs all look like raisins

I have always carried 90% of my weight in my gut. Even at 360lbs I was wearing a 44" pant, now I am wearing a 33"

I am going to wait patiently and see what happens when I see him in June. By then I should be at goal. Between the weight loss and now my screwed up back hopefully it will not take too much to convince AHC that this is nessecary.

Andrew

hmm... abdominoplasty is the same as a Tummy Tuck. I wonder if they cover it there. (AB) I just spoke to a lady in BC who had her panniculectomy (or however you spell it!) covered, no muscle repair, and now has no belly button.. belly buttons are cosmetic. :faint:

Isn't the reason that guys can have HUGE bellies, but the rest be skinny, because they store their fat behind their stomach muscles? (maybe I'm full of sh!t, I dunno!?) If that IS true, I'd think a guy who's been overweight for a good amount of time would have just as bad stomach muscles as any of us gals.

I'm 25-ish, never had kids, but been fat forever, and I think I'd have MUCH better results with an actual tummy tuck. Maybe I'm wrong. I wonder if a plastic surgeon can TELL whether you would need it, or if they'd just guess...

:phanvan

Actually they are covered by the ontario gov't. The terminology is called a pannilectomy. It is the removal of the pannus (hanging stomach) if it is to long (grade 3). I have coverage for it. If you want the abdomen muscels tightened and the new belley button it is about $2500-3000 more. The doctors suggest that you be under 200 lbs for cosmetic reasons and lessened risk of side effects. You should be at your goal for about a year and then get the surgery.

Sweet, do you know what else is covered by OHIP? Any other areas for skin removal from wt loss? ie lower body lift?