Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When will this nausea go away.... vent

I have been doing very good with my soft foods, to be honest nothing I've ate has set wrong. But I basically have to force myself to eat, as soon as I start eating the nausea sets in.

I have been on the down side since surgery, I'm tired of the oatmeal, mash and eggs I know it will get better but when?

My mom thinks that it's all in my head since I wasn't "ready" for the surgery.

I had a sleeve due to a massive tumor that had to be removed and the only way to do so was to cut that part of the stomach out. I was obese at 238lbs 5'3 which is why everyone around me thinks I "killed" two birds at once. I haven't been able to Celebrate my tumor removal because even in my good day I'm feeling blah my family doesn't understand, I don't understand. I went to see the psychologist yesterday and agreed to 2x a week. Hopefully this will help

Do you have a nausea med?

Yes. I have tried a few of them but right now the one that seems to work best is the one that dissolves under my tongue

Hi I'm almost 2 months out. I had nausea for almost 4 weeks after surgery. It lead to me being dehydrated and having to get IV infusions. I also was not eating enough Protein and my doctor was really concerned. It will go away, most people I have read and seen on YouTube had it go away after a week or two. Everyone is different. Just be careful and sip, sip, sip... soon you can drink 2-4 of at once. Though I can barely eat 1/2 a cup of food still but it gets better. No one in my support group understood either, they kept telling me to push through it... bit it doesn't work like that.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm 5 wks and for the most part the nausea is gone. Sometimes certain foods and smells make me a little queasy but not excessive. A few days ago I stopped taking my Multivitamins though, they were making me so nauseated that I would feel sick in Tyne morning thinking about taking them and had to take Zofran the other day. So I ordered the Multivitamin Patches and hopefully they'll work for me. I just couldn't tolerate them anymore for some reason.

Well mine lasted for 3-4 months -- for awhile the dr said it was normal until finally he admitted it was really abnormal. No medicine made me feel better. It was terrible. I was terrified it was never going away. But it did. I know this is not very good news- but it did go away eventually. One day at a time. It WILL get better .

Well mine lasted for 3-4 months -- for awhile the dr said it was normal until finally he admitted it was really abnormal. No medicine made me feel better. It was terrible. I was terrified it was never going away. But it did. I know this is not very good news- but it did go away eventually. One day at a time. It WILL get better .

OMG!! That's a long time. I'm going nuts going on 3 weeks, I can't imagine months 🤢[emoji15]

Hi I'm almost 2 months out. I had nausea for almost 4 weeks after surgery. It lead to me being dehydrated and having to get IV infusions. I also was not eating enough Protein and my doctor was really concerned. It will go away, most people I have read and seen on YouTube had it go away after a week or two. Everyone is different. Just be careful and sip, sip, sip... soon you can drink 2-4 of at once. Though I can barely eat 1/2 a cup of food still but it gets better. No one in my support group understood either, they kept telling me to push through it... bit it doesn't work like that.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using BariatricPal mobile app

I hope once I start eating solid foods this subsides.. [emoji30]