Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Insurance exclusion but still approved for surgery

So I'm going through Oband. They are they only ones that want to try to get me approved for surgery since it's an exclusion on insurance plan. Has anyone with an exclusion for bariatric surgery still get approved through the appeals process? There isn't a lot a I can find on this subject. I called my insurance company probably a million times and each time there's a different answer some say yes it can be done and others say not it can't . I'm confused . I just need more info on this.

Generally if WLS is specifically excluded from the plan coverage, an appeal will not change that. The insurance has a strong position...WLS is expressly excluded and you bought the policy knowing it was excluded.

Usually, you would need to change insurance plans or consider self pay.

My insurance has wls specifically excluded in the policy. I my doctors office billed for a hernia repair (which was needed) to cover half the cost. I financed the rest. They said most overweight people have that kind of hernia.

My insurance has wls specifically excluded in the policy. I my doctors office billed for a hernia repair (which was needed) to cover half the cost. I financed the rest. They said most overweight people have that kind of hernia.

Wow ok. That's good to know. How much is the actual surgery ?

23 hours ago, ready2inspire said:

A lot of insurance companies frown on this and consider it a form of insurance fraud. So the ability to use this will vary.

I think they said $10k. So I paid $5k

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches