Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill Prices

Well, I was talking about Mexican surgeons, but I suppose that would apply nationwide. Valley Hospital in Vegas charges $13,000 just for the hospital. But HarleyNana paid $10,500 for her Virginia hospital. So there are a lot of varying factors.

I was very pleased with Oasis of Hope, so I'm glad I didn't have to make that decision, too, cuz I probably would have tried to save even more money and had it done someplace scary.

Also, anesthesiologists have different rates. It would be interesting to see the breakdowns. Thanks to Nana for posting what she paid, cause that shows us that there's a $2500.00 difference just in two US hospitals.

I just recfived from my insurance explanation of benefits for the surgery and it says dr. charged them $30, 149.00 and they paid all but $1149.00 which they say I am responsible for. When I spoke to my dr. office before I had the surgery I asked them how much I would have to pay they said only $100.00 co payment becuse United Healthcare pays 100% for them.

So, what do I do now, any ideas?

Thank you

Eli, call the contact # on your health insurance card. They should have a contract with your dr. and hospital on an agreed amount (which is much less than your bill shows). Double check but depending on your policy, you shouldn't be responsible for anything but your co-pays and deductibles.

I spoke to my doc re: fills. If I go back to Mexico, I have free doctor fees for life and free fills with flouroscopy, 1 nights stay at a hotel, and transportation to and from airport for the next 2year. After, I pay 125 for flouroscopy an I get hotel and transport but doc fees are nilch. I also contacted the local doctor I will probably use most of the time and he chard 230.00 per fill under flouroscopy

So again??? I might have missed it.... Doesnt Insurance pay for Fills.. or at least a % or is it considerd post-op where you dont pay... ugh im so lost now... i think im not reading right Im sorry

It depends on your company's particular contract with your health insurance. All are different. I make a $20 co-pay each visit. If it's an unfill, there's no charge.

Trish, my insurance pays 90%, but the hospital charges so much to my insurance that my portion was $78 each for the first 2 fills and $110 for the third (I don't get it either)!

I paid Dr. Horgan in Chicago $250 for my fill, which was under a fluoroscope. Dr. Rumbaut charges $100 (fills are free, that's just for the fluoro), but he's in Monterrey.

My info that I got last night at the meeting is

Surgeon,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,6,000.00

Anesthesiologist,,,,,,,,,,,975.00

Hospital,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,9,975.00

Equal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,16,950.00

Plus the 250.00 for the Phych eval.

But my fills are free for the first year, then are 100.00

DeLarla, Dr. Horgan usually charges $1000, but since he is Rumbaut's protege he offered me a discount after I presented a letter from Dr. R. Newbies, this is yet another reason it pays to ask your Mexican surgeon if he has any recommendations for US aftercare.