Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You Agree With Brad ??

You are very patronizing.

I'm not a sweetie but a awakened woman.

Please refer to me as such.

I'm really not being patronizing, but I can be, if you want. I'm being rather gentle, more so than I would usually be.

If they can read they will know you did not write it.

I was merely adding to what you wrote.

Clearly I don't spend hours on the internet so again excuse my internet ethics.

In a nutshell if our parents are just going along with the program that is feeding that lie.

The safe method.

Please don't add to my quotes, it's a big thing I have. If *I* can't remember what I wrote others won't be able to either.

I agree somewhat about parents passing on information but the thing is, they really believe it. Things like Santa are just fun and enjoyable for kids. I doubt too many children are harmed for life because they believed in Santa or the tooth fairy. But religion... they are teaching what they believe to be true. Probably if parents waited until children were teenagers before passing on that information they wouldn't be believers. But it's a parent's choice.

Please don't add to my quotes, it's a big thing I have. If *I* can't remember what I wrote others won't be able to either.

I agree somewhat about parents passing on information but the thing is, they really believe it. Things like Santa are just fun and enjoyable for kids. I doubt too many children are harmed for life because they believed in Santa or the tooth fairy. But religion... they are teaching what they believe to be true. Probably if parents waited until children were teenagers before passing on that information they wouldn't be believers. But it's a parent's choice.

:paranoid What are you saying about Santa?????

I honestly can't remember ever believing in Santa. I always knew my parents gave the presents. Even now, it's a bit of a joke between us, since they still give stuff at Christmas with "From: Santa" on it.

See post #107.

LJ doesn't feel parents should lie to their children, Santa, tooth fairy, etc., it's all dishonest.

wow.....

I was raised in a large family of girls and my dad took great pleasure in keeping the Santa, tooth fairy and so forth traditions. He was also the most honest man I knew and I miss him terribly.

Kids should be given whatever they need, to grow into creative and confident people. I needed Santa and the tooth fairy.

wow.....

I was raised in a large family of girls and my dad took great pleasure in keeping the Santa, tooth fairy and so forth traditions. He was also the most honest man I knew and I miss him terribly.

Kids should be given whatever they need, to grow into creative and confident people. I needed Santa and the tooth fairy.

I still remember the routines, going outside and moving snow around to get to the dead brown grass and picking it for the reindeer, putting carrots and such out for them as well. Then Cookies and milk for Santa.

Next morning waking up and seeing the tree lit up, the gifts, the dead grass, carrots, Cookies, and milk gone... It was the best feeling in the world. SO much fun!

To this day the one thing I cannot figure out and my Dad always refused to tell me how it happened. We would go to church on xmas morning and there were reindeer tracks on the roof of the church. It was fenced off so nobody could mess with it but you could see the reindeer tracks through the ground and up to the roof and across the roof. No human tracks at all. Just one set of "Rudy" tracks.

Even when I was older and we would go to church on Sunday's I'd ask my Dad how they did that.

I was 43 when he died and he STILL refused to tell me. (He was one of the volunteers that did it) He swore "Rudy" did it.

I should have crept out there some xmas morning and watched to see how they did it. Never thought about it. :)

I still remember the routines, going outside and moving snow around to get to the dead brown grass and picking it for the reindeer, putting carrots and such out for them as well. Then Cookies and milk for Santa.

Next morning waking up and seeing the tree lit up, the gifts, the dead grass, carrots, Cookies, and milk gone... It was the best feeling in the world. SO much fun!

To this day the one thing I cannot figure out and my Dad always refused to tell me how it happened. We would go to church on xmas morning and there were reindeer tracks on the roof of the church. It was fenced off so nobody could mess with it but you could see the reindeer tracks through the ground and up to the roof and across the roof. No human tracks at all. Just one set of "Rudy" tracks.

Even when I was older and we would go to church on Sunday's I'd ask my Dad how they did that.

I was 43 when he died and he STILL refused to tell me. (He was one of the volunteers that did it) He swore "Rudy" did it.

I should have crept out there some xmas morning and watched to see how they did it. Never thought about it. :)

What a heart-warming story! Made me feel all warm and nostalgic inside. Sounds like you had a wonderful childhood and a great relationship with your Dad. You must miss him terribly. I'm sorry you don't have him but it sounds like he left you some beautiful memories. Thanks for sharing this......

That's beautiful! Our Santa gifts were never wrapped like the other presents. My dad always took care of it, and even with SIX girls in the family we always knew instinctively which one was ours. We set out the cookies and milk on Christmas Eve, and we weren't allowed to come downstairs on Christmas morning until we were called. Generally a few of us were waiting at the top of the stairs.....

Until I was 14 and saw one in real life ..... I believed my dad could catch roadrunners. I was 14 when I saw one in real life in his home town of Black Jack.

I woke up on football Sundays to hear my dad on the phone with Tom Landry, giving him the plays for the upcoming game. When we watched the game, he would be exasperated when the Cowboys punted, saying "Tom, I told you to use the.....whatever.... play!" It was a very long time before I realized that it was all for me.

And even more amazing, when my dad was in the hospital about to undergo the Whipple procedure for pancreatic cancer, both Tom Landry and Roger Staubach called to talk to him. And Tom was calling from a Dallas hospital across town, where his pregnant daughter was giving birth (while suffering from liver cancer. She refused cancer treatment until the baby was born, and died 4 years later).

I believe in miracles.

That's beautiful! Our Santa gifts were never wrapped like the other presents. My dad always took care of it, and even with SIX girls in the family we always knew instinctively which one was ours. We set out the Cookies and milk on Christmas Eve, and we weren't allowed to come downstairs on Christmas morning until we were called. Generally a few of us were waiting at the top of the stairs.....

Until I was 14 and saw one in real life ..... I believed my dad could catch roadrunners. I was 14 when I saw one in real life in his home town of Black Jack.

I woke up on football Sundays to hear my dad on the phone with Tom Landry, giving him the plays for the upcoming game. When we watched the game, he would be exasperated when the Cowboys punted, saying "Tom, I told you to use the.....whatever.... play!" It was a very long time before I realized that it was all for me.

And even more amazing, when my dad was in the hospital about to undergo the Whipple procedure for pancreatic cancer, both Tom Landry and Roger Staubach called to talk to him. And Tom was calling from a Dallas hospital across town, where his pregnant daughter was giving birth (while suffering from liver cancer. She refused cancer treatment until the baby was born, and died 4 years later).

I believe in miracles.

I can't even imagine having 6 siblings. I've just got my older brother, and our relationship hasn't always been good (he emotionally abused me as a child).

I can't even imagine having 6 siblings. I've just got my older brother, and our relationship hasn't always been good (he emotionally abused me as a child).

Would you like some sisters? I have plenty to share. We always had friends growing up - right in our own house.

And sorry about your relationship with your brother......

Would you like some sisters? I have plenty to share. We always had friends growing up - right in our own house.

And sorry about your relationship with your brother......

I think you can keep them. :paranoid I don't do well around lots of people, anyway. I'm kind of a loner.

While I wish my relationship with him had been different, it's really taught me a lot about how to treat other people. Kind of like being fat, you know? I take what he did to me and make sure that I don't do it to someone else. In the long run, even though it was hell on Earth while it was happening (in fact, if I'd had the balls to do it, I wouldn't be sitting here today, it got that bad), it's made me a better, stronger person.

I think you can keep them. :paranoid I don't do well around lots of people, anyway. I'm kind of a loner.

While I wish my relationship with him had been different, it's really taught me a lot about how to treat other people. Kind of like being fat, you know? I take what he did to me and make sure that I don't do it to someone else. In the long run, even though it was hell on Earth while it was happening (in fact, if I'd had the balls to do it, I wouldn't be sitting here today, it got that bad), it's made me a better, stronger person.

It would take more than a few margaritas to tell my whole story, but I firmly believe that I had to go down a hell path in order to truly find ME. 1995 was a very bad year, but it gave me back to myself.