Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sweet ideas

this might just sound a little crazy but have you tried dried plums? They are naturally sweet and good for you. I like them chilled out of the fridge.

My Peanut Butter has like 100+ calories in ONE TABLESPOON. I've not had it since banding, I look at it every once in a while (longingly).

Some things I do for sweet tooth-

Quaker Granola Bites!!!!! Cinnamon and Peanut Butter flavor.. little bites of heaven.. the chocolate ones taste like coacoa puffs, which I don't care for.. Cinnamon tastes like french toast, and oddly enough the peanut butter tastes like peanut buttery coconut. 90calories per pack, which have quite a bit for a bandster.

(I count calories, not carbs or whatever else).

Kudos bars.. I have these for b'fast sometimes, but they're a not-guilty indulgence for me. Theyre like rice crispy treats with a chocolate bottom and I have the ones with 'snickers' in it and 'm&m's in it.. they are 100 calories per bar. The bars are quite small, which is why I have them for b'fast.

Curves peanut chocolate bars.. Another b'fast item for me. 100c per bar + 3 or 4g of Fiber, its good.

My indulgences I limit myself to, are fruit chillers. I love the strawberry.. its like 200c per cup, but they last a long time because it's frozen.

Depending on what you count (like me, I count calories not carbs or sugar)..

The sugar-free stuff is normally higher in calorie from what I've seen.

The Russell Stover's sugar-free candies (found in almost every store around here) are amazing, taste 100% like the real things. I loved them when I did Atkins.. but I bought some recently and they're so high in calories I threw them out.

Oh, my bad. The mixes listed above are not considered sugar free. They have "minimal sugar" according to the summary page. It is in the form of cane juice. Here are the nutrition facts for the chocolate chip Cookies.

Amount per cookie prepared: Calories 70 Total Fat 1.75g Total Carb. 5.5g Net Carbs 3.5g Dietary Fiber 2g Sugars 2.5g Protein 1g

Laura-How many calories per day do you have? I don't want to count carbs/sugar either....I'd rather count calories.

My goals change.. initially it was 2,000.. then 1,600.. now it's 1,300 but I WANT it to be 1,200.

I get anywhere from 800-1500 right now. The things that 'spike me' are my morning frappuccinos (200c) and caprisun (110c). I need to stop having those, but it's hard to give it up. Sometimes I just don't want water..

So for a cookie that is 70c, in my brain it needs to be a sizable cookie. Just like the Peanut Butter, I love it and would enjoy to nibble at it, but for the amount in 1 tbsp I can't justify it. I know I'll still be hungry, want more, etc. I would likely eat 3 tablespoons and that would be like 400calorie with the PB I have.. and I don't like the unsweetened or whatever PB, tried that before and it didn't pass my taste test.

So for my sweet tooth, I really prefer the granola bites. For 90c, there's a lot of little bites in there. And I take 2 bites to eat each one. So it lasts a while, I like it, it has fiber (which is a bonus for me), and only 90c. If the cookie would last as long as the granola bites for 70c, I'd consider it on *my* list of Snacks.< /p>

My goals change.. initially it was 2,000.. then 1,600.. now it's 1,300 but I WANT it to be 1,200.

I get anywhere from 800-1500 right now. The things that 'spike me' are my morning frappuccinos (200c) and caprisun (110c). I need to stop having those, but it's hard to give it up. Sometimes I just don't want water..

I usually drink Gatorade if I want something sweet to drink. 50 cals per 8 oz. I buy the powder, so I can mix my own. Sometimes, I Water it down a little, because it can still be a little sweet.

So for a cookie that is 70c, in my brain it needs to be a sizable cookie. Just like the Peanut Butter, I love it and would enjoy to nibble at it, but for the amount in 1 tbsp I can't justify it. I know I'll still be hungry, want more, etc. I would likely eat 3 tablespoons and that would be like 400calorie with the PB I have.. and I don't like the unsweetened or whatever PB, tried that before and it didn't pass my taste test.

So for my sweet tooth, I really prefer the granola bites. For 90c, there's a lot of little bites in there. And I take 2 bites to eat each one. So it lasts a while, I like it, it has fiber (which is a bonus for me), and only 90c. If the cookie would last as long as the granola bites for 70c, I'd consider it on *my* list of Snacks.

Those are very yummy.

The 100-calorie packs that you can get are good, too. The oreo ones are delish, especially if you are like me and like the chocolate cookie part better than the center.

The 100-calorie packs that you can get are good, too. The oreo ones are delish, especially if you are like me and like the chocolate cookie part better than the center.

Yes, I agree.....the Cookies I posted about are only 2 inches per serving so that's pretty small. I think I'd rather have the 100 calorie BAG of Cookies than just one....lol. Have you tried the Lorna Doone shortbread ones? They are fabulous!

Yes, I agree.....the Cookies I posted about are only 2 inches per serving so that's pretty small. I think I'd rather have the 100 calorie BAG of cookies than just one....lol. Have you tried the Lorna Doone shortbread ones? They are fabulous!
I haven't. I like the originals very much, so I try to stay away from stuff that's likely to tempt me to eat more. :faint: