Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Adding protein shakes

I am thinking about adding Protein Shakes to my diet. I am stuck on a major plateau and I need to do something. Some people say extra Protein is the key....What do you guys think? I am several months post-op and would be adding the shake in at Breakfast time as a Meal Replacement. Do you think this will help break my plateau? All opinions welcome......:help:

do you track what you eat ? are you sure your eating ENOUGH ?

Ideally you want to get your nutriontion , Protein from food.

I had a problem of not loosing too long ago and it was because i was not eating enough . I was having a problem getting in even 900 cals a day let alone 1000-1200 i needed for working out.

You might want to track your calorie intake and make sure your eating ENOUGH.

I added a Boost in the morning just until I got my intake up .

HTH ?

Mindy

PS I use sparkpeople.com to track my food

I am thinking about adding Protein Shakes to my diet. I am stuck on a major plateau and I need to do something. Some people say extra Protein is the key....What do you guys think? I am several months post-op and would be adding the shake in at breakfast time as a meal replacement. Do you think this will help break my plateau? All opinions welcome......:help:
Hey, PM me with your address and I'll send you some samples of the Protein Drinks that I have.

I love Protein drinks. I mix mine with Water, 120 calories, 23gm Protein, 2gms carbs. If you add milk it causes the blood sugar spikes so if you can do it with Water it's all the better.

I just bought some PB2, powdered Peanut Butter and it's GREAT! It adds 27 calories and 2gms protein and 2gms carbs. Wonderful stuff. Oh, it also adds a bit of Fiber.

Add a couple of rounded teaspoons of Benefiber (can't taste it, I SWEAR) and that will help keep you full longer.

I use:

Matrix 5.0 chocolate

nectar chocolate

nectar vanilla

Whey Gourmet Choco/PB

Whey Gourmet Dreamy Chocolate (haven't tried it yet)

And as of today I have a gazillion samples. My last Netrition order was over $75 so they sent me a ton of samples of everything.

People sometimes get a little worked up when the Protein Shake topic comes up. Some folks swear that it helps bust a plateau if you up your protein.I am willing to try.Hey, I look at it like this. If someone such as Wasa uses shakes and has such great success,they have to have some merit.

I have a question regarding Protein shakes...I will be banded on October 24th and we all know how important it is to get your protein.....once I am able to start like mushy foods introducing solids can I have a Protein Shake for brkfast in place of a meal....or when can I start the Protein Shakes.< /p>

I dont personally think replacing solid calories with liquid ones is sound bandster practice, nor do I think Protein is the key to busting a plateau.

But we can all only go by our own experience, I've done fine without gazillions of grams of Protein a day but if it works for others, its worth a try.

I'd be more inclined to do more exercise myself. I always find that if I add a daily walk to my daily run and my strength training, it got me moving again.