Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Hi everyone, I'm from North Carolina, just had my latest fill this morning and sure it's tight. Hope to get to know a few of you.

:)

new2me,

you probably have already thought of this, but what about pumping and storing some breast milk ahead of time. you can still pump while in recovery, to keep up your supply (even if you discard due to it not being healthy for baby) if you don't have a pump, i would recommend a medela brand. we rent them at my job, and a hospital grade pump rents for only $48/mo, and the kit is $40 (with the tubing and bottles)...so that should give you an idea on cost. good luck on whatever you decide to do!

God Bless You!!!

Edited by summer08
didn't address to certain person

Hi everyone, I'm from North Carolina, just had my latest fill this morning and sure it's tight. Hope to get to know a few of you.

:wub:

Welcome Waremock,

When were you banded? Have things gone okay for you?

I'm in the application process right now. Paperwork completed and being reviewed - hope to have a surgeon consultation soon. Waiting is a bummer, but LBTalk has been a great resource for support and information for me. Most everyone has had to wait patiently for this procedure so their new lifestyle can begin. Guess it's my turn...

We're glad you are here!

new2me,

you probably have already thought of this, but what about pumping and storing some breast milk ahead of time. you can still pump while in recovery, to keep up your supply (even if you discard due to it not being healthy for baby) if you don't have a pump, i would recommend a medela brand. we rent them at my job, and a hospital grade pump rents for only $48/mo, and the kit is $40 (with the tubing and bottles)...so that should give you an idea on cost. good luck on whatever you decide to do!

God Bless You!!!

thanks for the response.. yes I have a small supply in the freezer, but its mostly for the 24 hr period where I have to pump and dump after the surgery due to the anthes. I have a medela pump. I dont think the milk after the surgery wont be healthy for the baby.. its more that I have to try to get the right nutrients in so that I can keep up my supply. you are susposed to consume around 1600 cals to maintain a milk supply.. and thats a tall order when only allowed liquids on a healing stomach.. clear for the first 4 and then reg liquids for the next 10. I have been very creative in my research :rolleyes:.. I have found clear liquid Protein, clear liquid powder for the 7 fruits and veg req., clear liquid Calcium, and of course these contain carbs..so I think I can balance it well.. I just told my husband I will probably be drinking non-stop due to the fact that I am only susposed to take small sips after surgery :eek:. I have faith that the Lord wouldnt have taken me this route and then not take care of the details like milk supply for my baby. my baby is also 10 months old and she is eating reg foods pretty well so it wouldnt be a travesty if I had to stop.. its just important to me to continue.

Its just hard not to worry about all the little things before the surgery. :thumbdown: like wondering if I will be able to care for her after surgery.. my husband is on a 2 week break from school and we are not telling anyone else (except a few prayer people) so my daughter will even be there the day of my surgery with my husband.. but once agian trying to turn those worries over to Him!:huh2:

anyways sorry for the book.. but thanks for listening..

where are you in your journey?

Greetings all! I've been on this site for over a month now, had surgery on 6/5, and just now saw there was a area for christians. PTL! Nice to see some familiar faces I know from other areas on here as well.

I have been pretty open now about having had surgery, but for some reason am having a hard time 'fessing up with my christian friends. DH & I lead a small group in our home and 2 of the women are fairly for lack of a better word, judgemental, and are very pro Weight WAtchers. I'm afraid of what they'll think or say. Is that silly? I mean I prayed about my weight, prayed about the surgery, really felt God's hand in this whole process. Why am I so afraid of 2 women? Frustrates me.

Hi Long! Good to see you here! It has been so much fun for me to visit with so many great people on LBT, and discover how our lives overlap from one thread to another.

The situation you describe with the women in your small group sounds familiar. I have those people in my life, too, and absolutely do not feel comfortable sharing this experience with them. At this point I feel like I really don't have to say anything and once I am banded and losing I have success speaking for me. You are losing so successfully - how can there be a question? The final key will be reaching your goal and keeping the pounds off. Weight Watchers have the same issues all other obese people have - the trick is not so much losing the weight, it's losing it forever! WW eating plan is very healthy and works for many people. An awful lot of them return year after year to take it off again, though, or they give up -- OR THEY GET BANDED!! Whatever you decide to do now - don't be afraid of their judgement. Judgement is between you and Our Father and they don't have anything to do with it. At some point, that's how it is for all of us.

God bless you.

Hi Long! Good to see you here! It has been so much fun for me to visit with so many great people on LBT, and discover how our lives overlap from one thread to another.

The situation you describe with the women in your small group sounds familiar. I have those people in my life, too, and absolutely do not feel comfortable sharing this experience with them. At this point I feel like I really don't have to say anything and once I am banded and losing I have success speaking for me. You are losing so successfully - how can there be a question? The final key will be reaching your goal and keeping the pounds off. Weight Watchers have the same issues all other obese people have - the trick is not so much losing the weight, it's losing it forever! WW eating plan is very healthy and works for many people. An awful lot of them return year after year to take it off again, though, or they give up -- OR THEY GET BANDED!! Whatever you decide to do now - don't be afraid of their judgement. Judgement is between you and Our Father and they don't have anything to do with it. At some point, that's how it is for all of us.

God bless you.

You are so right Joann. I have always been too concerned what others think and have been getting better at that but as you can tell have a ways to go. These are only 2 women (though they talk a lot) and it shouldn't matter to me what they do say or think. As long as I live my life pleasing to my Lord first, my husband and family second, why should I care? Thanks for putting it into perspective.

Okay, Long. Can I come to you in a few months with the same issue??? It's always easier to advise than it is to know what to do when it's MY problem! tee-hee. Go for it Girl! You are so on the road.

Greetings all! I've been on this site for over a month now, had surgery on 6/5, and just now saw there was a area for christians. PTL! Nice to see some familiar faces I know from other areas on here as well.

I have been pretty open now about having had surgery, but for some reason am having a hard time 'fessing up with my christian friends. DH & I lead a small group in our home and 2 of the women are fairly for lack of a better word, judgemental, and are very pro Weight WAtchers. I'm afraid of what they'll think or say. Is that silly? I mean I prayed about my weight, prayed about the surgery, really felt God's hand in this whole process. Why am I so afraid of 2 women? Frustrates me.

Hi long,

I just look at it this way.. people dont need to know that you have the band.. its kind of personal.. you can just tell them that you are working with your doctor to eat small portions.. thats not a lie.. they dont need to know that the band is a tool to help you with your hunger. if we have a stint put in our heart we dont have to walk around telling people we are alive today because we have it.. people get too nosey.. you should only have to tell those people you want to.. people you know will support you. if people are being judgemental they dont need or deserve to know.. as Christians we should be supportive of one another. I truely believe that the band is a tool that God has given us to help us with a medical problem.. people wouldnt question it if you needed open heart surgery or if you needed glasses..

I have only told a few people that I trust for prayer support and they have been really supportive.

Hi all, I have been doing the 6 month weigh in and wait. Next Monday is my last weigh in and then we wait to see if Cariten insurance will approve. I know that if this is God's will, I will be approved and I do feel that it is. It is starting to be more real now. Please pray for me. I will pray for each of you. Hope to get to know you all.

Penny

Welcome Penny,

You have come a long way, lady! I pray that God opens this door for you this week and you get approval for your surgery. I know you will find a lot of support on this thread and others on LBT. Let us know how everything goes for you.

Well there's no way I can read 76 pages so I'm jumping in at the end here, howdy!! I'm THRILLED to find a section where we can talk and support each other through this as Christians. I haven't seen it here but in other discussion boards bringing up the Lord isn't always well received, I'm sure you all know what I mean.

I'm just starting so I'm sure I'll have lots of questions but I hope I can also be helpful in supporting and listening. My band date is August 15 and i can't wait. I've been practically house bound for months now from severe plantar faciitis, which is the straw that broke the camel's back for me and finally prodded me into having this surgery. I guess I've been in denial because despite being ginormous I've always been able to keep up with my life until this foot thing. I think it might have been sent to me as a wake up call that I better do something about this before more health problems come along.

Anyway, enough long winded gabbing from me, happy to meet you all!

Well there's no way I can read 76 pages so I'm jumping in at the end here, howdy!! I'm THRILLED to find a section where we can talk and support each other through this as Christians. I haven't seen it here but in other discussion boards bringing up the Lord isn't always well received, I'm sure you all know what I mean.

I'm just starting so I'm sure I'll have lots of questions but I hope I can also be helpful in supporting and listening. My band date is August 15 and i can't wait. I've been practically house bound for months now from severe plantar faciitis, which is the straw that broke the camel's back for me and finally prodded me into having this surgery. I guess I've been in denial because despite being ginormous I've always been able to keep up with my life until this foot thing. I think it might have been sent to me as a wake up call that I better do something about this before more health problems come along.

Anyway, enough long winded gabbing from me, happy to meet you all!

I've been looking around this board for a while, and it's not the best place for us Christians to be around. The only thing we have in common is that we all got the band. I though that I would create a place for us Christians to feel comfortable to post and not be afraid of what others might think of us. I have created a website specifically for that. Christian Bandits - Index

Please feel free to stop by.

I was banded on March 31st at wake Forest baptist Hospital by Dr Adolfo Fernandez (Dr.Fuzz) So far I've lost 50lbs and I've been stuck there for about a month now. I just got filled to 8cc on thursday and I hope I can continue to loose the weight.

Good morning! Things going well here. I am feeling so encouraged about the progress I am making with the band, with the Lord's help, of course. I believe he is working on so many other areas of me as the weight comes off as well.

Lauralee, welcome! I was in denial for years too. I knew I was over weight but my health was fine so what's the big deal? Then as I got older the joints hurt, the blood pressure went up, and I was just unhappy. God didn't create me to wallow around in self pity, it was time to take action.

Waremock, I'm not sure what you mean about this not being a good place for christians to hang around. I find the folks on this thread here to be very encouraging and have also gleaned a lot of info from other areas as well, mainly the 50's age thread and the June bandsters thread since we all got banded at the same time. I even reconnected with a gal I knew 5 yrs ago.

I was banded on March 31st at wake Forest baptist Hospital by Dr Adolfo Fernandez (Dr.Fuzz) So far I've lost 50lbs...

50 pounds in 4 months is amazing, congratulations! I hope I will be as successful, I want to get this behind behind me (hehe)

Lauralee, welcome! I was in denial for years too. I knew I was over weight but my health was fine so what's the big deal?

That is exactly where I've been. But as my doctor says, all the issues that weight can cause sneak up on you, who knows how much damage I've done to my heart that just isn't showing up yet. I'm feeling very optimistic that I'm on the right path now. I have 4 children and they deserve better than "not now sweetie, momma's tired"