Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Hi everyone, hope everyone is having a blessed day! This morning I got my surgery date...Sept.30th with pre-op on Sept.25th. His nurse will call me back with the date to place the IVC filter (7-10 days before surg). Got lots of appts. in the next few weeks & when I begin to get anxious I have stop and verbally acknowledge that my Father is in control & I have nothing to fear. I feel that my Father gave me a special gift in providing this group. Please continue to hold me in prayer. MarilynC

GB ultrasound 7/31 DONE

CT Lungs-Abdo=Pelvis-Legs & Bone scan 8/14

Psych eval 8/18

Diet eval 8/19

Urologist for Renal clearance 8/21

Cardiologist for Cardic clearance 9/15

Labwork 8/11

God, thank you for "Numbrgirl's" positive spirit and thank you for her victories with the lapband, including a non-scale victory of chin loss! How awesome... thank you God. Continue to walk beside her on this journey, and keep her motivated and strong. Thank you for her part on this thread.

And Heavenly Father, I lift up "Long2bThin" to you as her surgery day is fast approaching on friday. God give her peace that your protection is around her, and I pray you'll guide the surgeons's hand ultimately for a very successful operation. I pray you'll bless her with an easy recovery. Thank you God for the priviledge to live in a country where we have Doctors and such amazing medical help.

God you are amazing... and see your hand in every step if I choose to.

Please God, give strength, perserverance and patience to "AZChick289" , so that she may have great success. Help her to reach that place where loosing is easier and not such a difficult task. Give her wisdom in food choices and knowing when to get a fill. Give her a feeling of "satiety" and other things to focus on as she reaches her sweet spot. Thank you God for her!

Sweet Jesus, thank you for these people who love you. Thank you for "KCHoping". God please bless her, go before her when it's time for food choices.. helping her to not feel "bored" with her food, but rather "fill" her up with your Spirit... give her a sense of "satiety" by speaking with you before, during and after any meal time blahs. Thank you God for her!

And God... I ask for your love to embrace our friend "MZreeda", and that you would just show her your plans for her lapband journey. My prayer is that it would become so very clear to her as to YOUR WILL. YOUR plan. God please work Your miraculous hand and allow her to have success with this band. Put the right people in her path that will help her and give her ideas to reach her healthy goal. Please God, let JOY return to her in more ways than one!

And thank you God for our friend "NeverB4", for her words of encouragement to others, and her part on this thread. Continue to walk beside her as she goes thru her 2nd fill, and beyond to success. Give her discernment and an understanding with how this tool can work for her. Also God help her feel satisfied physically as well as emotionally and spiritually. thank You, God You are great!

And all powerful God... I lift up "PMCfarm" to you... God You know her struggles, her hopes, her dreams. Please surround her with Your strength and peace as she faces all these appointments and upcoming surgery in September. I pray Your hand will be evident to her on this journey. That every little step she can lean on You.. Remind her of Your promise of never forsaking her. Help her and those around her feel prepared for the journey ahead, and willing to give all their worries to You. God you are all-knowing. We give you ALL our worries. Thank you for that freedom!

Bless all the people on this thread and forum. For those unbelievers, God I pray that somehow this thread can touch lives. Even for 1 person to be changed because they SEE YOU evident in others. We know that being "Christian" does not exempt us from any hard roads ahead... but we do know that completely surrendering to You, is exactly where You want us to be. Continue God to bless Your people... and thank You GREAT God with everything that is in me.... for Your mercy and grace!

Amen. Amen!!

Soulsister, beautiful!! Thanks so much for the prayer!! I keep repeating Phillipians, be anxious for nothing...... as my date approaches.

Soulsister...thank you for your obedience to the Father to pray without ceasing for ones' own needs and also the needs of others.

Thank you Soulsister! How encouraging are your words and truely are heart-felt! God bless you and all!

Hello all!

It has been a while since I have been on here posting anything consistenly but I figured it was about time to get reconnected.

I have gone through so many struggles over the last 3 months and unfortunately it has caused me to pull away from all the wonderful support I was receiving from this site. I have continued to go to church and surround myself with caring people but even that has gone from when I was going 3 days a week to 1 day a week and now I know why.

I tried to take all worries about my weight loss onto myself out of habit and it caused me unneccessary stress and an episode where my band was extremely tight in which I had to have a complete unfill for 1 week. Since mid-May when my surgeon started to refill my band again slowly I had started to gain and over the 2 months it was a total gain of 6 lb gain since I was feeling depressed again.

As I sit here and read these stories and prayers of encouragement I am realizing that I need to turn over ALL my fears and worries over to our Lord once again and just lay it at His feet!

I went in for a fill on Friday last week and I lost 7 lbs (in one month) so finally I am losing again.

I am asking for prayers that I will remember to turn to Him each day and before each meal and turn any and ALL my stresses, worries, fears to the Lord and remember that I am important in his eyes!

PTL and please keep me in your prayers, Thank you all!

:) Hi eveyone,

That prayer was wonderful...I am being banded on Aug 29th. This week I had to go in for my filter to be put in (scared to death) BUT, God put some great people in my path to give me the peace that ask him for about this surgery. Our God is so awsome!!!!!

April, I too go thru periods like that, forgetting to give it ALL to Him. He then sends me subtle reminders that He's still wanting them and I praise Him for that!!

My therapist says to eat EVRYTHING at my kitchen table so I won't get pre-occupied to cause me to eat too fast. But my real, 1st therapist is the Lord. So I have really enjoyed taking my small meals out to my little bench on my front porch. I enjoy my meals better by sitting there, enjoying time with Him in his open beauty. Seeing what all He has placed in my surroundings give me such joy and pleasure that it encourages me to stay on plan, His plan!!

HARMONYGIRL...welcome aboard! God gave you such peace during your filter placement to let you know how He will take care of you during your surgery. What a blessing!!

Weds nite at my support mtg, the leader asked if anyone was having trouble with a certain type of food. I wasn't listening to the remarks because i was too busy thinking to myself, "gee, I'm not there yet. With only one fill so far, I still have no problems yet with any food." I did hear one man say to be sure to mix white meat chicken with something to make it really moist. Well, after 3mos since banding, I figured it was time to venture to a bowl of Cereal. I picked one that has 3/4cup serving with just enough milk to wet it up and get it down, Honey Bunches of Oat, Cinnamon. For the first time, I'm actually experiencing a food that wants to "get stuck" and not go down. Such a weird feeling. I ate it again this am and sure enough, it's not going down as well. I don't have the pain of it being stuck, just I can tell it's clinging to my esophagus and stomach. In about 30mins, I'll have to wash it out with more milk-HA!

I'm actually excited about this so thought I'd share it!! Call me weird....

Just a quick post to thank everyone for the prayers. I am home from gall bladder surgery, everything went superb. I'm in quite a bit of pain right now and very groggy/dopey from the drugs. Thanks again. God is good!!

I think that it is hard to overcome our need for immediate gratification. Even though I have had wonderful success with the lapband sometimes I find myself thinking..."why is it soooooo slow?" But I know that slow and steady wins the race. Even when God works in my life - much like the potters wheel - God slowly works on me.....teaching me, encouraging me, disciplining me, until I get the point in that particular situation/circumstance where I can finally say "I get it now..."

Our Women's Group will be having a retreat here in a few months and the theme for this year is "Traveling Lite". The main scripture I share with my ladies: Hebrews 12:1 - Let us throw off everything that so easily entangles us and run the race with perseverance that is set out before us.

Such amazing words to live by both spiritually and physically. I am so tired and disappointed in not living up to my full potential that I am determined to use this tool (with God's help) to get me there!!

Be encouraged Ladies!!

I just read these posts and had a huge lump in my throat ..Soul sister and all my sisters you are awesome... God let me find you to help along this journey ..He always does that what an AWESOME God we have ...

We should never worry as he is right with us and let us get this far and will be there all the way ..

Have a great day my friends and Bless all of you !!!!

This is fabulous.. So Stupid(satan) get out of the way we won't let you whisper to us we can't do this ..

Hi Everyone,

I have a friend at church who has had the lap Band and her band slipped. I still know that this is a good thing for me to do and God has let everything fall into place. My insurance is going to pay 80% Plus the insurance company allowed me to change my plan in mid stream to the Dr. that I am using. I would of have a lot more out of pocket expense with the other plan. I still have the peace about having the surgery, but do any of you get scared as the date gets closer? Do any of you have any suggestion for the liquid diet. I start mine on Friday.

Thanks for listening,

God Bless!!!!!!!!!!!:wink2: