Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Yes, I've tried Eastern Washington, Northern Idaho, and all of Montana. :P I just found out the place in Northern Idaho wants $2500 a year. To get it done in Mexico it costs $130 per fill plus my flight. I guess $2000 is looking better and better. Thanks for the suggestions they are appriciated.

My doctor's office charges $100 per fill. However, my package included free fills for 1 year after my surgery. I guess it would depend on how many fills you were going to have in a year.

Yes, I've tried Eastern Washington, Northern Idaho, and all of Montana. :P I just found out the place in Northern Idaho wants $2500 a year. To get it done in Mexico it costs $130 per fill plus my flight. I guess $2000 is looking better and better. Thanks for the suggestions they are appriciated.

Look for website for Fill Centers USA.

I think they have facilities in Pocatella and Boise.

I to am scared, I keep saying God is watching and has put this in my path. My Insurance approved my surgury and I have in the past 6 months said yes I want it and no I dont. Now I am yes, but tetteringg

Pray ffor me.

I will pray for you

Trust me, I know how you feel. I felt the same way all the way until the anesthetic took effect. My big fear about the surgery was the anesthetic. But I told myself that it was no different than putting my head on the pillow each night. I had no guarantees either way but since God has continued to allow me to awaken every morning, I believed that waking up after the surgery would be no different.

And now that it's done, I'm excited and confident that it was all worth it. And you will be too.

Had my first fill today and got 2 cc's - now I am up to 4 cc's but honestly not feeling any different from 2 cc's. Go back in another 3 weeks for another fill so I will work with this one to see if it makes any difference at all. My doctor says I will probably get it at about 6 or 7cc's so we will c (see)!! 8-)

Hello Elaine

You sound just like I did before the surgery. I belong to a Christian support group called (Celebrate Recovery) its for all kinds of addicts including food addition. I follow a 12 step program with God as my higher power and have a sponcer. I have spoken to all my christian friends and have come to relize this is a tool to give me a heathier life and longer life for my family. Its modern medicine and feel God loves me and so be it his will. I was banded on 5/30/08 and it has been difficult but worth it and have been supported by my Christian friends the most. If you you need anything just holler. I am praying for you.

Proud Christian Bandster

I to am scared, I keep saying God is watching and has put this in my path. My Insurance approved my surgury and I have in the past 6 months said yes I want it and no I dont. Now I am yes, but tetteringg

Pray ffor me.

I will pray for you

Hi Lolipopkid!

This is a huge decision and I think that all of us go back and forth on it. I had my surgery 3 weeks ago today. For the most part I am very thankful that I did it. I have gotten rid of 23 pounds since my weigh in before the surgery, and my body seems less stressed and I'm breathing easier. I know my chances of getting diabetes now are very small and I'm hopeful that my sleep apnea will go away as my weight goes down. But it is very weird not to be able to eat much. And what I do eat, I don't really enjoy like I used to... my tastes are definitely changing! But I miss the happy feeling that eating used to give me. I am missing that a lot right now. I think it will decrease over time, but I wasn't expecting to have less joy in my life because of the less food!! I ask myself if I regret getting the band, and I keep thinking, no because this way of life will actually get me to a healthy weight. And that was my most important goal at this stage in my life. I have (God willing of course) about 40 or 50 more years in this body and I better start treating it well so it will continue to walk me around this planet!!

I wish you the best and I'll pray for your decision making. Unless you have pressing health issues or insurance deadlines you might consider taking your time with this decision and letting your head get used to the idea! The mental part is probably the most important part of the lapband experience! That's why I love this website, it helps so much to read about other people's experiences to help us deal with our own! :smile2:

I went through alot of emotional stuff the past 5 years. Marraige of 35 years stated going down hill about 14 years ago. I had a daughter that was alway wanting, wanting. I felt I had to give. She had kids, unwed and we had to support them. She finally got married. In the meantime I took care of my aging

grandfather who had parkinsons. (83) This past year I moved in to take care of him. He passed April24. We were very close. He left me him home, so I have a place to live. People say, well now that you are emotionally feeling better you prob can loose weight. I did loose 14 lbs during my 6 month evaluation. I am so lost..

Lolipop, my prayers for you for God to keep you strong. You sure have been thru a lot! Read 1 Corinthians 10:13...notice what it says at the end. The Lord showed me that verse to let me know that getting the band was ok with Him. Also, remember the main middle part..He is faithful!! God bless and God be with you!!

Hello Everyone,

I am so excited after several weeks of not feeling any restrictions. I called my nutritionist (I TOOK THE MASK OFF) and told her I needed help. I wrote down what I was eating or eating me for a few days. She reviewed and got right back to me made a few changes in my diet and today I can say I finally feel restriction for the first time in four weeks. I changed my doctor's appointment for two weeks from today and feel like a new person. The truth shall set you free! Also just being honest with yourself and others how you are feeling about the progress or NO PROGRESS in eating. I am so excited on the new way of eating and restrictions I am feeling!

Sisterc,

I'm curious as to what changes your dietician made? I remember one of our nurses telling us to "challenge our bands" by avoiding slider foods, etc. But beyond eating Protein and veggies, what's different for you?

Thanks.

Jan