Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

I'm 3wks post and starting to have that "burn/twinge" feeling at port site when I bend over too far. I'm assuming due to most of my swelling being gone now. I know in time, it will stop. I don't seem to have as much restriction any more. But I'm still able to maintain my 2oz meals. I start soft foods Thursday...YIPPY!!!

We went to a graduation party this weekend. 96 hotdogs were fixed with all the side fixings and a huge cake for dessert. I told my DH I would "splurge" on a little icecream since it was a full liq...well, PTL....He looked after me!! Because no ice cream was there!! And I snuck nothing. Then I fixed a feast for my family yesterday to lazy around the pool with...healthy foods. I did have 2ozs of Blue Bunny SF, FF caramel toffee crunch. And my daughter says.."Mom, it has toffe pieces so be sure to chew those really well" I love it..the support my family is giving me. PTL to that one too!!!!

I pray everyone had a great, enjoyable holiday weekend as well.

Edited by neverB4

I'm 3wks post and starting to have that "burn/twinge" feeling at port site when I bend over too far. I'm assuming due to most of my swelling being gone now. I know in time, it will stop. I don't seem to have as much restriction any more. But I'm still able to maintain my 2oz meals. I start soft foods Thursday...YIPPY!!!

We went to a graduation party this weekend. 96 hotdogs were fixed with all the side fixings and a huge cake for dessert. I told my DH I would "splurge" on a little icecream since it was a full liq...well, PTL....He looked after me!! Because no ice cream was there!! And I snuck nothing. Then I fixed a feast for my family yesterday to lazy around the pool with...healthy foods. I did have 2ozs of Blue Bunny SF, FF caramel toffee crunch. And my daughter says.."Mom, it has toffe pieces so be sure to chew those really well" I love it..the support my family is giving me. PTL to that one too!!!!

I pray everyone had a great, enjoyable holiday weekend as well.

You are sooo much better than me, my surgeon told me to do liquids for 3-5 days, then fuller liquids and soft foods like cottage cheese, yogurt, etc. from weeks 1-2 and on. Then he wanted me to wait until soft meat until I saw him. I couldn't, I thought I was going to die if I didn't get some Protein in me soon when I had my surgery. So I started about 2 or 3 days before my 2 weeks post op appt. on really soft ground meat and oh boy did that help!

I kinda wish I was able to have waited longer than I did, like you did but I think I did fine and now it has been a little over 6 months later.

I go in to get my fill on June 10th and I am hoping to get some restriction again!!! I soooo miss having restriciton, I have had none since I was too full 3 weeks ago and now I am having a hard time.

Keep up the great work NeverB4!

Good Weekend NeverB4! I had one too. God helps us through anything, if we invite him to before hand. (No ice cream at a party, isn't that just like His sense of humor?) We had a big picnic in the woods with lots of family and friends, 'had to take a big pot of homemade Soup for all. (only 50 degrees here). I was up there dipping and straining my portion of the soup behind a tree, taking out the noodles & veggies so I could only get the clear broth! Between that & some sips of clear Isopure (the greatest stuff) I am one week post op today! Only one more week of Clear Liquids. I still am amazed at how much I used to eat watching others at an event like that. I love eating like a thin person now!! I give HIM the glory for all that I have been thru. Have a great week all, ChristyC

Good bless all of our warriors also, I pray for their safe return!

Edited by ChristyC

It is very interesting to eat like a thin person. It still feels a little foreign but good!! I am surprised at my ability to stop eating and push the rest away - of course it might help know that if I don't stop it will start to come back up!!!

I feel like people are watching me. Especially, I think that they look at my amount of food and think "who is she kidding".

I know that I became hugely aware of how much people ate (including my family) and how much I used to eat. It grosses me out at times to see them shoveling in large bites of food, and barely chewing.

Hugs to all :sad:

Gen (wombat)

I didn't tell many people of my decision so most people just see me eating less. The ones that do know will be watching to see if it ultimately makes any difference in my life. I am determined to get down to a "normal" size and maintain it there. Nothing too extreme - just athletic and healthy. I went to a wedding this weekend - it was the first time I didn't have any cake at a wedding!! It was a pretty cake but I had no desire to have any...........I did start my exercise this morning. I am going into my 4th week today. I started out slow - 20 mins = 1 mile and felt really good when I was done. I know this is not enough to make a dent but I want to ease back in to stay away from any injury and don't want to get burned out. I am amazed at the amount of energy I have these days. Not to be sluggish is such a blessing.

I am a new Christian, and started the Lapband journey before giving my heart to Jesus. I have been struggling with the decision about whether or not to go through with this, and what to I see, THIS THREAD. I will continue to pray for guidance, and know the Lord will have his way. Thanks again!!

God is good and I am so glad that the medical field has made such strides in this area............helps me to have the self-control that is so necessary in life.

:thumbs_up:I had my consultation on march 10, surgery on april 10 approvrd and all in 1 month. I prayed and ask god if this was right for me. My doc had one slot open on the 10th, just the week before spring break since I work in the school system this was another sign from above!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for the prayers for my mom! She was diagnosed with breast cancer about three weeks ago, but the surgeon thinks he got it all in the lumpectomy that she had yesterday! Praise God! My mom is a Christian and just kept saying that her life is in God's hands. It's a good thing to remember for all of us!!

Hello, everybody! God was good today....again (said like Forrest Gump...LOL)

My DH had his 2 week follow up and is down 26lbs from the start!!!!

AND....I have a surgery date June 5!!!! YEAH, ME!

I am so proud of myself, because instead of indulging one last time, I started my liquid diet. To be honest, I feel like I have been doing the last of this, last of that for a couple of weeks now, and am really to the point that I'm sick of food anyway....so it wasn't too hard.

I love reading all of your posts, and am so inspired by your faith, and experiences. God bless you all...TTYL!:scared2:

Hi Summer08...yes God is Awesome!!! I know what you mean, about being "ready" ahead of time. I go thru that all the time...I think He gets us on the right track, ready and sets the scene and then we are saying "Wow, this is what I have been praying for and I was following the path just recently not even recognizing it". I can't explain it, it is like Anticipatory Success....maybe recognizing His Will a bit slowly. I studied Lap Band info, found this site, prayed, and then went to an appt, got approved right there on the spot and had the surgery 20 days later. WOW! I was the only one at the seminar and app't who got approved and scheduled. I am now 10 days post op and still smiling and LOL, saying "I can't believe my burden has lifted". Every time I get on the scales, I think..."I will never see that weight again, PTL" All we have to do is Give Him the Glory. I am down 30 pounds (that was only since surgery and three days of pre op liquid) I don't think I would have ever experienced the feeling of hunger w/o being a diabetic first, I don't think I ever would have experienced wanting to be healthy w/o the miserable co-morbidities first, and I don't think I would have been "broken" or ready enough at an earlier age. His timing is perfect. Keep Lookin' Up :wink2:

Edited by ChristyC

Gen, I love what you wrote and shared....because I have been feeling the same exact way. And what has really bothered me the most, is watching my DH and son gobble up their food in such a short time. It makes me sick and not only in the sense of the feeling, but to know what they're doing to their bodies! My daughter has always licked at her food and ate slow. She doesn't bother me as much. But funny to say, before my banding, she used to make me ill watching her do that, esp during my liquid stages-HA!!

Diamond, yes, PTL on your mom's sucessful surgery. May God continue to bless and heal,,,you both!

Diamond, yes, PTL on your mom's sucessful surgery. May God continue to bless and heal,,,you both!

I'm sorry all I feel so sillly asking this but some of the verbage Iam still not used to even after alomst a year of posting on LapBand Talk, so what does "PTL" stand for?