Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Hey 2bemeagain, have been missing you, hope you are feeling much better.

unshackled - feelings are normal, you've had a big change in the way you are eating. your diahreah shouldn't last too long, your body is just going through changes here. very normal, at least it was for me anyway.

liz - welcome, and your date will be here before you know it! The post op diet isn't as bad as it seems. I was really worried myself, but it wasn't exactly a breeze, but went by pretty fast. before you know it you'll be getting your fills and feeling good restriction!

Welcome All, there was another new lady on the previous page, cannot remember her name, but welcome to you too! We are glad to have you all!

I had my lap band surgery on Feb. 18th (4 weeks ago yesterday) Last Friday, March, 14th, I had my hair cut and became quite distressed when my hairdresser found 2 bald spots that she said were probably caused by a lack of proper Vitamins. I had been taking vitamins, but somewhat sporadically. I'll make it a regular routine now!!! Has anyone else experienced this, and will the hair come back?

I hope it comes back. I just noticed yesterday while washing my hair that mine is coming out in bigger clumps than usual. I had not been counting my Protein grams, I thought I was getting enough protein, but evidently not.

thanks, Candy! I joined in Feb. shortly after my surgery but had not written anything. I was so happy to find Christian Bandsters. I am a pastor's wife in SC and of course when I had the surgery EVERYONE in the congregation was aware of it. I am being accountable to over 200 in church as well as to God! I really tried to watch the Protein intake but like I said, I was neglectful of other Vitamins. I have my first fill on April 1 and am a little anxious. I'm still on the "mushy" foods now but am anxious to chew something!

Guess I did something wrong. I'm new at this! Stepoffaith was scheduled to have surgery today and I thought I was replying to her.

ok, yes I remember that. I was wondering if you were asking me about having surgery today.

I am hoping we hear from stepoffaith soon, she has been looking forward to this for some time now!

Good luck to you. My date is 4/10 and like you I am excited,scared etc. I am really glad to find this thread as I also am a christian and not all christians understand or accept what I am doing. I haven't told a lot of people mostly because I am a private person. Most of my church family will be suportive no matter what they personally feel because I have struggled with health issues for several years. Having another christian who knows exactly what you are going through will be great. I'll pray for you.

Edited by losing it in ne

Morning everyone,

Best to all that are having surgery and to those that just had surgery. I know that you will do good. Remember to walk, sip your H2O and make sure you get your required Proteins. If you are in much pain, use the heating pad.

I don't know if I've had very much hair loss, but I can see strands more than usual. My hairdresser is doing wonders for me. I also take Biotin (some people say it doesn't work, but I take them anyway). I have beautiful nails and since I started taking them, I haven't seen much Hair loss.< /p>

candy, thanks. I am getting back on the road to recovery. LOL

How is everyone doing on their fills? I am a little upset(okay, I'm a whole lot upset) with mine. I don't think that my drs are real aggressive in their fills. The last one I got was .50cc. I have no restriction. I am strictly on my will power. I have seen the others that go to the same dr and they had restriction from about the 2nd or 3rd fill (I'm on my 5th). I go back next month and I'm going to ask for more. I know that the race is not given to the swift, but to those that endure the race, but I want to get a little faster. LOL

I guess I'm depressed about this, but I have to wait cause they said that they can't give me anymore until the 6 wks in case the restriction kicks in, URGG!!!!!!

Sorry to whine, but I needed to vent.

I have such a good doctor when it comes to fills. I have a 10cc vanguard band, which he put in 3 cc's first fill, 3 cc's second fill and 1 cc last fill. I don't think I need another. We'll see, I go back on March 27.

The hair does eventually grow back :embaressed_smile:

I lost about 25% of the hair on top only. I have baby fine thin hair to begin with so it really was noticeable on me.

But now, I have lovely 1 1/2 inch baby hairs standing up all over the top of my head no matter how hard I try to tame them :( :eek: :frown: :mad: And I wouldn't trade them for anything!!!! I look a little wooly and crazy at times but that's all right.

2bemeagain - have you gotten a fill under the fluroscope yet? My doc uses that about every other time. They put in how much they think they want to give me, make me drink the barium stuff and then watch how fast it goes through the band. They then either add some more or take some out. Can you request that? I have felt restriction at every fill; they just don't last long because of losing lose weight.

WELCOME newbies!!! You are in my prayers!

HUGS & PRAYERS for all of us!

wombat

Hi all!!!

I am sad to say I was wayyy too tight that week after my last fill. I actually had to go in on Saturday (the 9th of March) after the fill and had an unfill done of .6 cc's. He only put in .3 cc's on monday the 3rd of March; but he said that he had to take out more to compensate for any swelling. I was having a hard time eating ANYTHING for that week. I was barely even getting down 16 ounces of Water too. I am too loose now. I still can get things stuck if I don't chew good enough but I am getting hungry about 1.5-2 hours after eating.

I go in again on Apr. 7th so I think I am going to ask for .4 cc's. Because before my last fill I was at 6.2 cc's and he filled me to 6.5 cc's and that is when I was too tight. I am now at 5.9 cc's ao I think 6.3 will be good for me. We will see what he does.

On another note I just got back from Hawaii yesterday and it was a blast!!! I think I even lost weight on vacation which is very exciting for me... I will find out for sure when I go see my doctor on the 7th.

HAPPY EASTER!!!

Christ is risen! Rejoice and be glad in it!

Blessings to all of you!

I am 6 weeks post op and last week I began having what seemed like esophageal spasms. I have not been able to eat for near 2 weeks now and I have lost a tremendous anount of wt faster than they would like. I really could use some prayer and advice. Has anyone ever experienced this? My doctor says its stress but I dont feel stressed. Everyday I wake up and pray this day will be better I know He is in control. I am insisiting on a doctors appt tomorrow I will let you all know what they say tomorrow!Thanks for all your prayers ahead of time.