Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

smilinapple - you do sound a little tight.

I can't eat Breakfast much either. If I try to eat something it takes an hour for me to get down soggy Cereal. I mostly drink muscle milk lite or slim fast for Breakfast and yes I have to drink them slowly.

You might want to start you morning with a cup of coffee or hot tea to soften things up a bit. That might make it a little easier for you :mad:

I can eat lunch mostly ok but I'm pretty good with dinner like you. I just really have to remember that I have issues and pause between bites to get a "feel" for how things are going.

Good luck!! {{hugs}}

wombat

Yeah I have tried drinking something warm like Decaf Hot Tea before an afternoon meal but just haven't tried drinking it in the morning....I will try that next

I am thankful today for my job. Sometimes it gets rough, but God gave me the job, so with his help I will endure this task.

Wombat, hang on in there, God is more than able to get you through this. You will shine and get the job done. Wombat, CAN do ALL things through Christ which strenghtens HER.

Smilin_Apple, I agree with Wombat about maybe drinking something warm, then try a Protein shake or high Protein slimfast. I am beginning to feel a bit more restriction in the mornings, so I drink coffee, then when I get to work I try to take very small bites and it takes me almost a hr just to eat one boiled egg. I also buy the muscle milk lite at GNC, I always keep something (drink) on hand that's high in protein just in case I'm too tight at a certain time of the day. Hope that you can get something down. Are you able to get enough Water? Be careful.

Stay focus and be blessed everyone.

I am getting enough Water in...just barely but enough. I drink 3 bottles a day plus one to two bottles of propel. I also drink 1 to 2 large cups of Hot tea a day.

I had my surgery on Nov 1st. I lost 20lbs pre-op and struggle between 15 and 20lbs since then. I read all of the time but never wrote. I am having some trouble moving forward and I think you guys are the best and just wanted to make the step to join in with such a successful group. I have a friend here at work that is on this journey with me. We had our surgery the same day. It makes it a lot easier to have someone who understands around everyday. I'm not loosing as fast as I'd like or think that I should but it's my own fault. I make poor food choices and have not started excersing yet. I working toward getting back on the band wagon. I will start curves on March 3rd and working hard on making better choices. I think I'm frustrated within my soul and have resorted back to old mindsets and habits. But I will not give up. I have had 4 fills and just starting to feel some restriction.

Welcome Patti-cake....

Glad you decided to join in, this group is wonderful! If you have any questions just ask away.

Thanks y'all!!! I'm letting go and letting God take control. I can't stress over it. My boss will hopefully be back soon and take charge of the situation. He was in a bad biking accident and has a stage 3 concussion - when it rains it poors?!?! Anyway - I am much better today and just taking it all in stride :thumbup:

Hugs & prayers

wombat

I'm thankful today that Wombat has such a great attitude!!!!!! Wombat, you are truly a blessing. When I am overwhelmed I hope that I can have your same attitude. If I don't, remind me. LOL:thumbs_up:

Smiln_apple, how are you today?

Joyross, I'd like to hear from you, I hope you are doing good and losing weight everywhere. LOL

Hello all. I am new to the forums and am happy to have found a group of Christian friends! I know that God has been leading me through this journey and it will be nice to actually talk openly about that! I had my band placed 9 days ago, and including my pre-op diet, have lost 30 lbs so far. Praise the Lord! (still working on figuring out how to put the little weight loss ticker on my e-signature...)

I actually work on staff at my church, and have been so blessed by the support by co-workers have given me. They have been complimenting my decision, they prayed over me the day before surgery, they sent flowers afterwards - I couldn't ask for better people to work and minister with. I feel sad about how many people have encountered lack of support or jealousy from their friends.

Thank you all already for the motivation and support I have experienced just reading through this thread - although I only made it about 20 pages in (it's really a long thread!)

God Bless,

It's nice to meet you. You are doing wonderful on the weight loss. The ticker thing: edit signature (on the right hand side that says member area) then open another site Trying To Conceive Ticker and put in all your stats. Then you want to copy it and then paste it on this site. I hope I'm not confusing you, LOL.

You are sooooo bless to work at your church and with other believers. I bet the support system is great there.

Continue to read :biggrin2: and know that we are here for you thru all of this, after all we are all the same journey.

Stay focus and be blessed

you're so sweet 2bemeagain I'm all calm now! :biggrin:

I am not a stressor at all - I always say that if my worrying or stressing would help then have at it - if not then quit. My DH is a big worryier and I'm always telling him that it's not helping anything. If it would then I'd join ya!! He doesn't care for it too much when I say that :thumbup:

Hugs to all and prayers!

wombat

I'm thankful today for my beautiful daughter. For Valentines Day she bought me two new tires (DH bought the other two). She is raising 2 girls along (DH hasn't finished growing up yet), has a full time job, has graduated from college and now she's getting her Masters degree. She loves the Lord and she is teaching her daughters that you still can survive against all obstacles. She is a great inspiration to me as well.

Have you ever sat back and looked at the turns, curves, walls that has come in our lives? Well, I guess this morning I am. I love the Lord sooooo much and I guess that's why I want to share with you all just how thankful I am.

((((hugs to all)))))

Stay focus and be blessed.

2bmeagain, You had a lot to do in the way your beautiful daughter has become. And because you choose to bring her up in the Lord she will do the same in her children's life. Because you choose to train her up according to the word of God the way she should go. God has given you the chance to sit back and enjoy the fruit of your labor. I have a 19yr old and a 17yr old and I really pray that I can receive the peace in knowing I have done Gods will in raiseing our children. God bless you

You are both blessed 2bemeagain and Mrs Peace!!!

I worry about my children 14 and 10. It isn't cool now for my 14 year old so I keep working on him. He is in church every Sunday. He only told me once he didn't want to go - I let him know that as long as he lives in MY house then WE go to church on Sunday - even if he's 30!!!!

I was saved at 15 and I know I did some stupid things in college despite already being a Christian. I hope and pray that my children can find their way in the Lord.

Hugs to all

wombat

Hey all, its nice to feel so positive after reading everyone's posts. Helps me get through my days. hope everyone is doing well.

Hello all,

I think I posted on here before but I can't remember! LOL I was banded Feb.6th. It's been pretty rough for me as I've thrown up everyday. However, Praise the Lord I haven't thrown up in two days and I've actually eaten real food....not just shakes! Finally, I'm feeling better!

I have only told two of my closest friends about being banded. I just wanted this to be a very personal journey and not have any negativity. I'm really glad that I did that since I had such a rough time. My two supportive friends have prayed over me, encouraged me and have just really been supportive.

I do look forward to coming back to this site more for friendship and encouragement. Also, to give it as well as receive it!

The one thing that was discouraging at the doctor on Wednesday (1 week post op) was that I had only lost 3 lbs.! I figured it would be more after only drinking for 2 weeks! LOL He said it was just swelling and I had probably lost more not to be discouraged. The great thing about my doc is that he's had lapband surgery too! He lost 104 lbs. :wink_smile:

I look forward to getting to know you all better.

May the Lord bless you!

welcome bzymom!!!

Glad to hear you are feeling better! Wow it sounds like you've had a rough start. Your spirit sounds fabulous though!

Hugs to you!

wombat

Hi all

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I see there have been some ups and downs but God sits high and looks low and he sees all. I'm doing fine waiting for my first fill on 2/26 so I can stop eating to much. I haven't gain any thing that is good but I haven't lost any lol glory be to God. My son had a baby boy his name is Israel God has bless he is healthy.

God bless all Ladyroz