Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Hi to all...having a really bad day. 7 days post-op and very blue. Incisions hurt, gas by the bucket and I have that panicky "I've got to eat to fix it" thing happening. Hard to read Bible or pray. Feel I'm going to fail at lap band as I did with so many other WL attempts. I'm afraid I'll dislodge the band if I eat the wrong thing, not follow the diet protocal. I absolutely have no sensation of fullness when I have food (protein shakes, Water, broth etc.) I just want to keep eating. Afraid to call Dr's office at present, all I'll do is cry. Tired of feeling hungry. Thanks for letting me unburden.

Hugs and prayers for you Joyross!!!!!

I know it's a tough time. I think we all had that point where we feared that we would fail yet again. This too shall pass {{hugs}}.

Can you have yogurt or mashed potatoes yet? Something a tad more filling? Call your doctor's office and see what you can have to help satisfy you! I'm sure they've heard many tears as we go through this journey!

wombat

Thank you wombat....your right they have heard tears before...I CAN have yogurt....not my favorite but by now anything will do.

Thanks again....Joy

I am so sorry that you are feeling down, Joyross. I think that you feeling that way just has to do with the changing of things inside us. I felt the same way,& oh!!!! let's not talk about the "bandster hell" (hungry, while having just the liquids, then mushies), we can all attest to that. But you will get through it, I promise. When do you start the "mushies"? When I had to do the mushies, I wanted soooo bad just to chew. I was so thankful for this web-site because they helped me so much and they were so kind and gentle with me. It helps to know what to do when it's your turn to help the next person.

<<<<hugs to you>>>>>

Joyross. Hang in there. we are all with you praying. By the way before my surgery I didn't like yougart. Then I starting eating it now and I have grown to like it. There is regular yougart and that thick kind which reminds me of chocolate mouse consistancy. Very tasty. You should try it! I will be praying for you!. God bless!

Good morning All,

Thanks candy for your prayers, I am feeling so much better today.:)

Joyross, how are you feeling today? I bet that yogurt tasted like the best food you have ever tasted, huh? lol

I was soooo thankful when I got to mushies, I just wanted to chew something. I tried the potato Soup and it was somewhat filling. Make sure you get your Water in. We are here for you even if you just want to rant, rave, and cry, we ALL have been there and I am willing to listen and love you thru this. Take care of yourself.

Chuckles, we haven't heard from you. How are you?

CTMan, I see that you start your pre-op diet on Valetines Day. May I have your chocolates? LOL:biggrin:

Yeah, I was watching some commercial last night, and the girl is saying, "Every girl likes to get chocolates", and I'm thinking, "You got that right". But, we WILL make it through valentines day ...

Yeah, I was watching some commercial last night, and the girl is saying, "Every girl likes to get chocolates", and I'm thinking, "You got that right". But, we WILL make it through valentines day ...

Yep, we can sit back and drink our sugar free hot cocoa. LOL

Hi to all...having a really bad day. 7 days post-op and very blue. Incisions hurt, gas by the bucket and I have that panicky "I've got to eat to fix it" thing happening. Hard to read Bible or pray. Feel I'm going to fail at lap band as I did with so many other WL attempts. I'm afraid I'll dislodge the band if I eat the wrong thing, not follow the diet protocal. I absolutely have no sensation of fullness when I have food (protein shakes, Water, broth etc.) I just want to keep eating. Afraid to call Dr's office at present, all I'll do is cry. Tired of feeling hungry. Thanks for letting me unburden.

Hope you're having a better day today, Joyross! It will get better, especially when you get to "mushies". Hang in there. You can do this! I agree with whomever it was that said even the things you didn't used to like will taste good... like the yogurt. It's all worth it. "Bandster Hell" is not fun, but short-lived, I promise!! God Bless!!

I Just Want To Say That I Love Jesus For Loving A Sinner Like Me!!!

Thank God For His Continous Grace & Mercy Towards Me!!!

I Pray You All Have A Blessed Day!!!

I Just Want To Say That I Love Jesus For Loving A Sinner Like Me!!!

Thank God For His Continous Grace & Mercy Towards Me!!!

I Pray You All Have A Blessed Day!!!

Right back at ya,ThickTxChick and Welcome.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the warm words ( accepting words) and food suggestions. The yogurt tasted really good yesterday which is a miracle and a first. I just keep it around for my son but now Mom is going to eat her share. I have a clear and concise food list from Dr. Tersigni’s office but for some reason my thinking was " stuck" for lack of a better word. I can advance to soft foods four weeks after surgery. I’m just one week post op right now, so liquids only. Today I feel much less sore and bloated another miracle for me just when I needed it! Banster hell defiantly is where I was yesterday.

Today I’m going to make a Soup, something homemade would taste good right about now. Even my cooking!!:)

Try putting some split pea Soup in a magic bullet or blender. I love split pea soup and tried this. It worked great and was very filling too! God bless!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the warm words ( accepting words) and food suggestions. The yogurt tasted really good yesterday which is a miracle and a first. I just keep it around for my son but now Mom is going to eat her share. I have a clear and concise food list from Dr. Tersigni’s office but for some reason my thinking was " stuck" for lack of a better word. I can advance to soft foods four weeks after surgery. I’m just one week post op right now, so liquids only. Today I feel much less sore and bloated another miracle for me just when I needed it! Banster hell defiantly is where I was yesterday.

Today I’m going to make a soup, something homemade would taste good right about now. Even my cooking!!:confused: