Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Hi, Amy,

I'm a nurse, too. I had my surgery 7/20/07 and things are going quite well. I've had two fills and have an appointment for another one next week.

We'll all be keeping you in our prayers this week as you have your surgery.

i want a graph chart like yours!! but, whenever i went to tickerfactory all i saw was tickers, no graphs/charts....whats your secret? how do i create my own?!

i LOVE your graph! that rocks!

xoxo, christie

My doctor was also a Christian he prayed with me and my family before he wheeled me back into the holding room and then before he put me to sleep!! I knew he was great from the moment that I first met him!! God was so involved in this decision I made and it's been truly amazing!

That's truly amazing a doctor that prays with and for you, you are truly blessed.:smile:

Congrats on getting a date StepofFaith!!!!!! Wooohoooooo for you :smile:

Welcome Mrs. Peace!!!! I'm new to the whole discussion board thing too. This is the first site that I've used and actually gotten familiar with. I tried to go to sparkpeople but I hated it and couldn't figure out a good way to navigate it. I like it better here with the people and everyone is so helpful!

Prayers and Hugs for everyone today on the Lord's day.

May each of us receive His special blessing that He has for each of us today.

wombat <><

Praise the Lord for all he has done! I was just banded on January 7th and I am really happy about my decision. I prayed the Lord night and day for a safe surgery and renewed health. I am also happy to see this board. I have a confession to make, one that I have never told anyone and recently admitted to myself but I have been a glutton for most of my life. The Bible ascribes a great deal of destructive power to gluttony. When we use food or drink in a way that injures our health or impairs our mind, we are guilty of the sin of gluttony. King Solomon, a man familiar with feasting and abundance, advises, "Blessed are you, O land, when your king is the son of nobles, and your princes feast at the proper time—for strength and not for drunkenness!" I realized that this was having a serious effect on my relationship with God. I was searching to be closer to Him but my gluttonous eating habits were preventing me. I thank the Lord for allowing me to see my problem and for providing me with forgiveness. Thank you for letting me share this and I am really happy to be getting closer to him.

Thanks for listening!

Welcome, Kbinaz, Mrs. Peace, hazeleye, Tann, and kintime.

Welcome back, Stepoffaith, happy to hear the news. Best of blessings to ya!!!

This the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Thank you Mrs Peace for your post. I too was wresting a bit with what my family and friends would/might say. However, I believe with all of my heart the lapband surgery is a God-send. Only individuals who have struggled with weight issues can truly understand that it isn't always about our will. "Willing" to lose (and subseqently gaining it all back and more) is what got me (and I'm sure many others) to this point. The LB is simply a God-given tool to aid us as we trust Him....as we "walk it out" Thank you again.

Thanks. I am so excited. I was going to try to make an appt with a dr in Lubbock but after much prayer I just felt I should be patient and wait for the seminar on Sat. Turned out the appt with the surgeon came quickly and I really feel at peace with my decision. The words on this thread have been so encouraging... I only hope I can be the same as I go through these paces. God Bless you all. He is so good.

i want a graph chart like yours!! but, whenever i went to tickerfactory all i saw was tickers, no graphs/charts....whats your secret? how do i create my own?!

i LOVE your graph! that rocks!

xoxo, christie

I found it somewhere on that ticker site. Keep looking. It's there somewhere.

Hey there. Welcome to all the new Christian banders. Nice to have you with us. I know I am so glad that God led me here.

And, Step of Faith, CONGRATULATIONS on your surgery date. Are you on liquids until your surgery. It is right around the corner.

GOOD LUCK.

candy: I wish it was my SURGERY date. You misunderstood. I was excited because it was my first date with my surgeon. I was not able to make my first appt with my surgeon til after I attended the seminar. I am barely beginning. But thank you. I am still excited!:eek:

Hugs and prayers for everyone today!!

I just did two days of Protein shakes to get all the bad carbs out of my body and I felt so weak during it. I survived it but it didn't cause me to lose hardly any weight; only 0.2 pounds!!!!

I'm going for another fill tomorrow hoping to stir things up a bit. I know the weight loss goes slower as you get closer to goal but it is SOOOO frustrating!

HUGS!

wombat :)

God is so good and He remind us that every time we wake up and able to get out of bed walk in the annointing he has given us, fill up with the word, praise through worship then nurish up with healthy eating, walking, and exercise reminding our self that theirs nothing to hard for God every step of the way. I thank God for each one of you and your family's may God bless you and prosper you as you continue to walk this thing out in faith knowing God has the power to see you through because the great work He begin He will be faithfull to complete it if we just walk it out, pray, praise and continue to encourage our self just as Danial did in the lions dean, in the Lord. Love you all, God bless.

Mrs. Peace

The Lord is surely good to me. Praise His name forever!! I went to the follow up appointment today for my two weeks after lap band surgery. I have lost 16 lbs. He was really pleased. I go back again in two more weeks for labs and my first fill if things slow down. I also found out today that my insurance paid. I wasn't sure if they were going to or not. Thank you Jesus!

Karen C :smile:

starting weight 239 abs.

current weight 223 labs.

84 lbs. to go

banded 12/31/07