Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

... I have loads of questions as to whether this is what the Lord would have us do. Didn't he tell us to take care of our bodies as a living sacrifice? Have I completely screwed up my relationship with God and that is why I can't be diligent enough to lose weight....

God called us to be temples for the Holy Spirit--not amphitheaters! :) I for one believe that the LapBand is like a crutch. Isn't that what some people want us to think Jesus and religion are? just a crutch?--but when you're a cripple, as we all are without Him--a crutch is exactly what we need.

My pastor told me that, in the same way i wouldn't refuse to go to a doctor for a cast for a broken bone or to get stitches for a serious cut, why would i refuse to go to a doctor for help with a broken eating system?

Some demons are only expelled through fasting and prayer, remember? USE the LapBand to expel the demon that truly interferes with your worship of God.

Peace be with you...

Hi all,

It's been a few weeks since I have been on here but I am back to say hi and see how everyone is doing. I am now 9 weeks out from surgery as of today. I have lost about 16lbs since my surgery and trying to stay strong. I have involved myself with 2 different bible study groups at church and going to service every Sunday. I think it is the only thing right now getting me through each week.

I have so much on my plate but with God by my side I feel like it all is at least within grasp. I am so blessed to have found a group on this site that not only can be there as a support which knows just what I am going through physically but also spiritually.

I hope you all have a wonderful evening!

God Bless

Smiling Apple,

Psalm 55:22, "Cast all your burdens upon the Lord...and he shall sustain thee:he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. We will go through, but always remember God will never, never, never leave us or forsake us. Be blessed in Jesus' name.

Smilin'Apple - you are doing fantastic!!!! Have you gotten your first fill? How is restriction? Go as often as the doc will let you if you need to!!!

At one point I was going back to the doc every 4 weeks. I've actually gone 2 months this time but will be going back again next week for fill #5. If I get hungry between meals AND my weight loss stops - I make an appointment. This is a tool that we have been blessed with and I want it to work :)

God bless you all today!!!

wombat

I just stopped in to say Hello to all and share. My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and Righteousness......On Christ the Solid rock I stand, All other ground is sinking sand. It is through his Grace and Mercy he sustains and keeps us. May he continue to guide each one of us. God Bless.

Hey there. The first fill was pretty good for the first week. I think today (1 week later) that I'm getting used to it.

I am doing better though. I've lost 1 pound haven't updated the ticker. One pound doesn't seem like enough to update it for.

I'm eating about 2 - 2 1/2 cups at a meal. It should be 1 cup.

I was supposed to get my next fill on 1/31/08 but my doctor has a seminar and they scheduled me a WEEK EARLY (isn't God good???) so I will be going in on 1/24 for my next fill.

I've seen how long some people have to wait and I'm so grateful that my doctor isn't making me wait like that.

Also, my insurance is paying, and for 90 days I don't even have to pay my copay. It is covered under postop. Not sure about how much they bill insurance, but I don't have to pay anything.

I can feel a good bit of restriction at times though. I feel things get stuck if I don't chew a lot or take small bites. Had a boiled egg two mornings ago and it almost didn't go down. So far though I've managed not to PB or slime. So, I think I'm doing really well!

Welcome Ash. Glad you found us! It's nice here. I feel like I belong. I've been pretty busy the last couple of days and haven't posted as much as I'd like, but hopefully the weekend is coming and will have some down time!

I'm sure you'll find lots of support and help here. You've done GREAT on your weight loss!

Hey everyone-

The doctor I am going to for my surgery is also a Christian, and prayed with us at our consultation. I cannot tell you how great it is to know that not only am I and my family and friends praying about the surgery, but the surgeon himself is as well.

I found out in September my insurance would not cover the procedure and I was crushed/devistated/felt defeated. My mom kept telling me that God's timing was different than ours and if it was meant for me to have this done, God would provide the way, and He has...what a blessing!

Welcome Ashley :) You have done FANtastic since getting banded!!!

candy - so glad you can get in for fills!! Some people have to wait months. I can get in usually within a couple of day. However, I have to drive 4.5 hours to get there :eek: It's my busy season at work so I have to choose carefully. I'll be going next week to get snugged up - come oooooon weight loss :D

UGAGIRL - what a blessing to have a Christian doc as well!! I can only imagine the peace that comes with knowing the doc is also relying on God!

Hugs & Prayers,

wombat

Welcome ASH and Ugagirl, this thread is nice and I'm glad that I found it.

Be blessed today.

Hope everyone lose, lose , and lose. And to those (like me) I hope that we can get goooodddd restriction and keep it.

My doctor was also a Christian he prayed with me and my family before he wheeled me back into the holding room and then before he put me to sleep!! I knew he was great from the moment that I first met him!! God was so involved in this decision I made and it's been truly amazing!

Hi, this is my first post here, so glad to have found other Christian bandsters! I was banded on October 26th, 2007 and have lost 15 pounds. (most of that lost on Clear Liquids after surgery) I am anxious to lose more and am hoping that fill #4 will get me to my 'sweet spot' - God bless all of you and I am excited to get to 'know' you through our posts as we support each other. Kathy

welcome Kathy!!!

Good luck on fill #4 :wink: My fourth gave me the longest restriction - lasted about 2 months. I'm going back next week for #5.

Hugs and prayers for everyone tonight!! Happy Friday!!

wombat

hi again. I went to Albuquerque today (about 3 hour drive) for my seminar. It was great. The information was basic and not really new but the docs did give us their percentages and experience ratio. The best news of the day was that they actually scheduled me an appt with the surgeon on the 24th of January. I can't believe I got an appt so soon. So now it begins!

I'm so happy to have gone through and find christians sticken to gether in the Lord. I too questioned how the other Christians look at me or what they may be saying. But I had a quick reality check and relized I can't give the power and the authority that God has given me over to the enemy. So I prayed about the lap band surgery, and in one week God opened the doors wide open and I walked in it with peace of mind that can only come from the Lord so I had to close the door to the attack in the mind because God has our best intrest at heart and my only desire is to work even harder in the kingdom yes I gained weight, yes I made mistakes in the way I choose to eat, and the things I choose to eat but God has forgiven me, and has given me a new begining and I encourage you all lets walk this thing out theirs much work in the kingdom lets drop the weight and leave it in the pass so that we can be used even more helthier. And the increase part of it all is God is alloying us His children to look beautiful and handsome while saveing our brothers and sisters that are unsaved . So praise the Lord and to God be the glory. Lets please continue this I'm new to the sight and dont know alot about working this sight out but by the grace of God I will learn. Love you all and look forward to fellowshipping with you all.

God Bless

Mrs. Peace (one who love the Lord)