Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Good morning everyone,

Holly, you and your son will be in my prayers. God is a good God and he is faithful to watch over his children. Glad to here about the weight loss. Doesn't it feel good to actully see the loss and even greater to know that people can see it.

Debsig, you are in my prayers as well. When I read that the surgery would be at 9:30, I looked at the clock and saw that I had time and I immediately began to pray.

Victoriana, Wombat, Mini, FatMary, Holly, Lisa G and Sleepy and I hope that I didn't miss anyone else (charge it to my head and not my heart, lol) have a blessed day in the Lord. Know that "all things work together for good to them who are called according to his purpose". Romans 8:28

You know, when I began this thread way back when, I really intended to be here more. Now, I come here and see what a blessing it has been. You cannot know how awesome it feels to know God used me and the need was so great.

It's like the witnessing that was described on here awhile back. Your life is your witness. How you conduct yourself and allowing God's light to shine THROUGH you.

You never know when the Lord will use you or HAS used you. You don't NEED to know. But if you could look back somehow and see the lives you impacted because of your love of God, I'm sure it would be quite stunning.

Praise the Lord that he uses us for His great good. I'm not worthy and I feel so honored. Thank you Jesus for blessing us so thoroughly and giving us each other for support and love.

I was especially blown away by Dozy's testimony. I felt anger FOR her. She was so strong in the Lord through such a horrible disappointment. I pray that I could be as strong as she was. God bless Dozy, I pray. She has touched so many with her devotion to you. Amazing in Your strength.

So lets keep this thread hoppin'. God is definately in it. He started it after all :girl_hug:.

YSIC, Valerie

Great post cQQlgirl! I agree with you. I was thinking about what you were saying because I sing this song by Ray Boltz called "Thank You" and it is about getting to heaven to see the people that you have touched and they were there to say Thank You! But the greatest gift is when Jesus takes your hand and says "Well Done".

Dear Lord:

Thank for this day. Thank that you sent your Son to save us and thank you for your Holy Spirit that brings peace in times of trouble. I pray for each everyone of the posters to this thread, I pray that you meet the desires of their hearts and they you show them your love and peace. I pray that you will help us with our "Band" and help us to make the right choices today. Amen

"We are more than conquerors (sp) through Christ Jesus."

Have a great day everyone and do know that I pray for each night.

Cindy

Praise God for finding this site. I was feeling a bit low in my spirit today and wanted to find a thread for Christians. I'm happy I was banded and know this is what God lead me to do. I felt if I did not act when I did I was on a headed to a dangerous health at 303 lbs.

I do ask that you all lift my family in prayer. We are having a very challenging financial year (again)and just don't have money, don't know where it's going to come from to meet obligations let alone to buy Christmas. I am so thankful for the many blessings God has bestowed upon us but sometime we just get a bit weary. We are middle class but barely can make it most months. In the Winter the Gas bill shoots up to around 4-500 a month, Car note, House note, daughter in college, granddaughter who has no father in her life (other than Jesus) and gets no support from that side. I have a 17 yr old son who is just awesome. My DH is Head Deacon at a struggling church .....always issues and that plus trying to make it financially puts such a stressful strain on him and myself. His dad passed this year in March and instead of this bringing his family together they are torn apart. We have to come up with $2000 for Property taxes on his Father's land plus have it surveyed and that will cost $1500 between the 2 of them. I'm sorry to vent but am just wandering if anyone ever feel like you work and work and you just can't get ahead? And I think about how great my kids are , Saved and growing up gracefully in the Lord..................I'm thankful, just so weary. I mean just this week my DH ask me to transfer $700 from my check to help with the mortgage. Now I have nothing left after paying day care and Car note........I'm sorry to vent but lift me and my family up in prayer. Thanks.

It sounds like the Lord is bringing you through some trials. It is through trials that we are strengthened. The Bible says, "Lean not on your own understanding." He has your situation in control just trust in him and you will see how he will take care of it.

I can relate to your husbands issue as Deacon of a struggling church. I am the treasurer at my small struggling church and sometimes I wish that I didn't know so much and could fade into the background at some other church. I see to much and wish I didn't. But God has me there for a reason, could be a trial.

You will be in my prayers. Remember that He will bring you peace and by the way you are normal for ranting. Sometimes it make you feel better.

Have a good night!

Hi everyone!

My sister and I just got back from the hospital this afternoon. We had our bands put in yesterday. We're still in a little pain but we actually went out to buy provisions today so we got a little walking done. Thank you for all your prayers.

Dear God, thank You for the wonderful blessing You have given us. Thank You for this group of Christians who can share in our experiences as we go through this change in our lives. May we continue to glorify You in all that we do.

I was banded on 11/15/07. Before having the surgery, I really had to work it out with the Lord to make sure I wasn't trying to "help" Him and fix my struggle with weight on my own. He is so gentle and loving and I am certain that He wanted me to have this surgery and the freedom it offers. I am so happy to have a group of like minded folks to talk with as I begin this new journey. Peace to you all....

Hollyberries, thank you for the encouraging words. Yes, it's hard being in a leadership roll at a church. You do wish you can just fade into the background or close your ears. Again, thank you, thank you , thank you. This too shall pass. My favorite scripture is Jeremiah 29:11----For I know the plans I have for you .......plans to prosper and not fail and to give you hope and a future.............I hold onto this daily and know that I am working for my reward in my heavenly home. May God bless you all!!

Rumar and Hollieberries!!

Rumar - I understand so much how you feel. We just talked about this in church. We are not the focus of the attacks/trials. It is all about showing Satan God's infinite Wisdom. I do know we get weary, but we can rest in the Lord knowing that all things work for good to them that are in Christ Jesus!!

Hollieberries - I too am the treasurer at my little church. It breaks my heart at times to see what people do, to see them come and go, and to see the wreckage they can leave behind. It is a heavy burden and I do talk with my Pastor and his wife on a regular basis to keep my focus on what I'm there for rather than on what people give or don't give. And you know, it's not the money, it's knowing their lives and the lies that they are hiding behind - it's just reflected in the money.

My God bless each one of us today with his wisdom, mercy and grace. May each one of us be used by God in some way today.

Geneva <><

So true. Life was a bit easier when I didn't have as much responsibility in the church. I also lead worship and pretty much handle alot. My husband is the sound guy and the guy who fixes everything. Sometimes we feel like we are taking advantage of but we realize that we are servants to the Lord Jesus and that he put us in the positions that we are in. I hate to always have to tell the Pastor to slow down on spending because we are entering heating season; I feel like the Grinch but I know what it takes to run this little church and I know what we can and can't do. He has been pretty good about my military handling of the finances.

I had a circumstance this week where my Pastor was asking about carrolling and decorating the church and when I would be able to do it. Because our family has always taken care of it but this year I am in a different place with having surgery and really trying to focus a little on me and this Band. I am unable to do what I could do in years past due to being physically tired. This surgery took alot out of me; more than I thought. What is good is that other people will have to step up to take on some of the things I cannot. The Lord is showing me that I am not superwoman contrary to my belief. I actually need the time to focus on what the Lord has me doing in our Worship setting and on Him.

I guess my message in all this is that we have been put in our positions for a reason and God knows that we can handle it and if we can't; our focus must be on Him.

I have this saying, "The busiest people are always the ones that get things done." This is so true of my husband and I and sometimes we just get burned out.

Lord, you see our daily struggles because we are human. However, Lord help us to see the struggles through your eyes and to hand them over. Not just with our hands holding on tight but opened up for release. Help us to not depend our ourselves but on you, the author and finisher of our faith.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Cindy aka Hollyberries

Thank you for that prayer.........it was beautiful. I do have a lot to be thankful for. Today my DH call and said he had gotten off early and went to the church and sang and prayed. What a guy...............someone who worries about making not just our mortgage but the church mortgage as well. I know that in due season, we will reap. Countless times, we've been at our wits end with finances and my DH and my 17 year old son always finds some extra work (woodwork, minor repairs on cars, pressure wash........whatever it takes (honest living) plus he drives an 18 wheeler on his regular job local routes). My 17 year just put some brake pads on his car in the rain yesterday! It's just harder as we care for a beautiful 3 year old blessing from God (granddaughter). Her mom , our daughter is in her last year of college and had to take a new job with fewer hours which translated to less money which means we pay everything. Her mother is a beautiful person and just was accepted into the National Honor Society. We are sacrificing a lot but it is a great investment to support and invest in our future generation. Plus losing his dad has put a big strain on our finances and his emotions. So again, thank you all for you prayers and words of encouragemnt. I pray God's blessing upon you all.

Lord I thank you for this board of believers and allowing them to be used by you. I pray that you will bless them beyond belief. Keep them steadfast, strong, healthy and covered with the blood of Jesus. Amen

Hi there. My name is Chris and I'd like to part of this thread. I'm a christian and feel like I could use some support at the moment. This is my second post on this forum and I would like to ask the same question that was in my other post to you guys as I'd really like a christian perspective on this:-

I have a surgery date for 17 December. I'm in Australia and have been really excited and looking forward to the op. I'm not covered by health insurance at the moment so it will cost me approx $15,000 to have it done now. If I wait a year I can get $9,000 of this covered.

I've only told 2 people about my upcoming surgery and I guess I may be starting to second guess myself (and panic a bit). I'm kind of turning over whether I should wait for another year to save $9,000 or if getting it done sooner will be worth spending the extra money.

What are your thoughts on this?? Im really getting indecisive. On one hand I know that this is a lot of money to my family but on the other hand I know I could benefit from putting my health first and getting on track now. I've always been a big fan of instant gratification (probably how I got to this place I'm in now) and I wonder if I'm being selfish when this money could be paid off the mortgage or something. I'm actually getting it released from my Superannuation which is something you can do in Australia if your condition is considered life threatening. This has been approved so theres no problem there.

Anyway, this is becoming a long story but I would like your thoughts on what you think. Is getting a 12 month head start worth nearly $10,000?

Thanks for listening.

Chris

Welcome Chris!!!

I would say that it really depends on your situation. Some of us are blessed with money and some are not. Depsite that, we are all commanded to be good stewards of what God has given us.

Here's the way my family thinks of purchases. If we are able to be in God's will then we will do it. However, if we are going to get into debt, foregoing paying obligations, not tithing as we should etc., then we wait.

There is one more side to that ... how is your health? Do you have co-morbidities that is jeapordizing your life? All I can say, is pray pray pray! The money you would be saving over the year could be your payments for the year as well (just a thought)

My prayers are with you! Dear heavenly Father, I pray that you will be with Chris during this time. I pray that You will guide her actions; give her Your wisdom in this decision and show her Your will. Giving You all the honor and glory, I pray this in Your name, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Can I just say that I LOVE this thread?!?! It brings me such Joy and uplifts my heart everytime I read it.

Thank you all brothers and sisters in Christ!!

May God pour out His abundant blessings on each of us today!

Geneva <><