Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Sleepy - I am so happy for you!! Only four more days to go!!

What a treat you will have to be going through this with your sister!! That in itself is a blessing :lol: You will have someone who ABSOLUTELY understands EXACTLY what you are going through.

Everyone else can sympathise and be supportive but you will have a special gift!!

Dear Heavenly Father, I pray that the doctor's hands are guided by You and that these lovely ladies will be brought quickly through the surgery. I pray your healing powers on these ladies to have a speedy recovery. I ask Father, that you use both of them as an instrument of Your will for your Honor and Glory.

I pray this in your name, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Hugs!!

Geneva <><

Lord, today is a new day and we give thanks for each new day that is given. Help us today to live your you and let our light shine to all that we encounter. Help us Lord to look past ourselves and see people in need. We commit our day and lives into your hand.

Have a great day everyone!:lol:

Lord, today is a new day and we give thanks for each new day that is given. Help us today to live for you and let our light shine to all that we encounter. Help us Lord to look past ourselves and see people in need. We commit our day and lives into your hand.

Have a great day everyone!:lol:

Welcome Sleepy and tell your sister too!

Hello everybody! You guys make my heart so happy each time I come to this site. I wish I could get the whole group of you in a room together....what an awsome group that would be!

Geneva. I know what you mean about making the mountain of food and not being able to eat it...or not being tied to it. Isn't it great. I made a nice plate of food, alittle of everything...went and sat down to eat and was the last one finished. I was shocked at how fast everyone else ate! My goodness, I used to do that too. I just savored everybite...it is so much better. That is one of the things that I'm thankful for. Learning how to slow down!

I still haven't weighed in. Last time I wghd on Nov 1 I was 192. I have a feeling I will be in the low 180's on Dec. 1rst. I have been doing really good..and am wearing most of my smallest cloths....

Blessing all!

Weazer

I know that the Holy Spirit led me to this site today. I have been on the site for months and never once saw this particular one. I began to read from the 1st page and knew instantly that this is the one site I need to be on. There are several others that the people are very nice, but sometimes it's just good to read about the Lord and his beautiful, wonderous blessings. Hollyberries, Thanks for the scriptures. I can read my Bible on line and I have one here by my desk, but it's so good to read a scripture on this site. Many blessings to you all. I ate a bit too much and didn't get my exercise done because school was out for Thanksgiving (teachers aide, high school,Tx) , but I'm back on track.:D

I am also a Christian, I am just starting the process. I am borderline as far as just being "fat enough" ...but I have such health issues, especially the sleep apnea. Going to Tufts/New England Medical Clinic. First visit was last week, start the classes next week.

thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone. geneva, thanks so much for the wonderful prayer. i feel so blessed by all of you.

Dear God, please bless us here, Your children. We seek Your guidance as we go through this journey of getting healthier and in so doing letting Your light shine so that others may see You and Your glory. Thank You for the warm embrace that the people here have shown a new one like me. Be with them always and may You bless and guide them in their individual journeys.

I have been reading and smiling, so good to see Jesus lifted up here, and I am thankful for more than I could possibly list, I am truly thankful for the blood of Jesus, and yes some may think it bizarre but it is really powerful. I wish I could post more often but I have so much on my plate, and for now I need to take care of myself and my family, and many nites I could spend way too much time at the computer. I am just so happy that the fellowship of believers finds its way to what ever means necessary to keep us in relationship with each other. Hi Gadgetlady! Long time since Ive been here. Blessings to everyone, and in case I dont get a chance to check in again before Christmas, I want to say Merry Christmas to all of you and your families, and may the peace of His presence be felt by all. Love y'all! Victoriana

Oh silly me, the reason I originally logged on is that today is my second anniversary for the band! I have lost 110 lbs, and need to lose 18 more to reach my goal. I am not in a hurry, just one day at a time and I thank God for each and every day. Best wishes to all of you with your journey too. Health is possible, and I thank God that he is a God of second chances, ( and third, and fourth, and however many we need) isn't His grace amazing? Really amazing.

Victoriana,

Wow, two years banded. Wish you had more time to chat with us as you have so much experience with the band. But, family comes first...I understand totally. This is a great place to fellowship with other believers.

Blessings, and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Weazer

woohoo Victoriana!!!! You have had awesome results :(

I too limit my time on the computer when I'm at home because it can become addicting (and this website lol).

Hugs and prayers to everyone today! May the hope in Jesus shine through us today :(

Geneva

Hey Guys! Haven't had much time to get on but have been praying for you. Just wanted to give you an update; I had my postop appt today and I was so pleased with it. My doctor was very happy with my progress. I saw Dr. Lautz on 8/23/07 for my consult appt and weighed 358lbs. I saw him on 10/25/07 for my preop appt and was at 346lbs. Today, I weighed in at 317lbs. He did a double take and said, "My you have lost about 30lbs. How are you feeling?" I told him that I felt great and that he did a great job.

I also told him about the fact, I am having trouble eating Breakfast, he relieve me and said it is quite common with Bandsters. I also told him about my left shoulder pain, we explained that sometimes the band will hit or sit on a nerve that will cause the pain and that it is common among bandsters. It may go away with time or weightloss. I was relieved as it has been really annoying lately. It just comes out of the blue and I cannot even pinpoint when or why it happens.

He also asked how my appetite was and am I hungry. I said, "That when I am hungry I just eat and am usually satsified." He explained that I may be having some restriction with the band even though it is empty. I am not sure why but I will take it because I know that I will difficult times. My first fill was scheduled for 1/3/08. Yikes, I hope that I can make it that long without fill.

On a separate note, my son Brandon will be having a rather large surgery as part of correcting a Bi-lateral Cleft Lip & Palate birth defect. His surgery is 1/8/08. Please pray that God's hand will be with the surgeon. Brandon is a trooper and God really goes with him and he does remarkable in recovery. However, he gets more apprehensive now as he gets older. They will actually be building a gum line for him as he does not have one (bone graft). They have to take bone cells from his hip to do it and they say the pain in the hip is what is usually the issue.

Sorry for ranting but I consider you all friends in Jesus. I just needed a good chat as I was so excited.

Lord, you have bound this group together and I pray that you will bless each and everyone of us. Lord, go with us each day that we may live each day to glorify you. Lord, help us to reach one person with your love. Amen!

Hi Fellow Christians! I was so happy to find this thread. I am going to be banded tomorrow - November 30th at 9:30 a.m. I have been very uneasy about this whole thing but feel much better reading the wise words other Christians have written in this thread. Please pray and send positive thoughts my way. I know I am in God's hands and he will take care of me. Someone said to me the other day..."If God led you to it, he'll see you through it." I hope this thread continues. It's great to hear other Christians' perspectives on things. Thank You and God Bless all of us. Regards, Deb

DebSig - prayers for you as you are about to enter surgery!! I pray that the doctors' hands are guided by God and that you will have a speedy recovery! We can do ALL things through Christ Jesus!! Hugs :)

Hollie - I have already started praying for your son!! Congrats on your postop visit!! You have had amazing results :)

Geneva