Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ideas on Getting Free from This Slump?

Hoping for some insight from you guys! I want to preface this with that ofc I'll be talking to my nut & Dr (appt on the 27th), but I figured I'd crowd-source before then.

Basically, I feel like I've been stalled for over a month. Surgery date was Dec 2016, HW 374, Current weight is fluctuating between 318-308, but I can't seem to dip below 308.

I exercise three times a week at the gym for 50min-1hour each time. Then at home two times a week I do 20-30min with weights. My caloric consumption (which I do track excessively haha) ranges from 850-1,100 daily. I'm taking Vitamins, although I admit I'm not as regular with any Vitamin as I should be excepting the B12 and D.

No food really causes me discomfort anymore, excepting rice (always avoid it), lettuce (spinach is fine), and sometimes red meat. I eat Protein at every meal. A standard example of a day for me would be 2 medium hard boiled eggs in the morning, then for lunch 4 oz of baked chicken plus some veg - usually cauliflower because I love that ****. And for dinner, I tend to eat something like a baked tilapia filet, the more veg. Or I'll eat a mini sandwich. Tbh, I feel like I'm not doing that bad, I don't overstuff myself, I eat when I'm hungry, I drink Water, coffee, and tea (sometimes soymilk)... I'm kind of at a loss of what I need to change.

Any ideas?

Try just Protein for 2 weeks and see what happens.

Just by what you posted it seems like you are getting like 60 grams of protein a day? Is that accurate?

9 hours ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

Try just Protein for 2 weeks and see what happens.

Just by what you posted it seems like you are getting like 60 grams of Protein a day? Is that accurate?

I would say that sounds about average for my protein amount. Unfortunately, I can't do just protein. I've developed an allergy to whey protein and haven't found an alternative I can stomach (tried egg white, pea, rice, hemp). Also my nut is very adamant against using protein powders/shakes, too.

When I say just Protein, I mean just meat. Real food, not supplements.

I would never suggest someone healed from surgery go on a liquid diet ever again.

Someone that started at your weight could easily eat 90 to 120 grams of protein. Upping your protein could start you losing again.

Oh that might be a good idea! I'm a little worried about the idea of eating when not hungry, but I might try it to get extra Protein in. Still debating :/

I agree with the no supplements. No need for it at this point. I don't know what you mean by a mini sandwich but you shouldn't eat bread at this point. And my program says no soy milk. Overall it sounds like your weight is on track. You probably just need to tweak. I was also sleeved in Dec. and I am not supposed to be at that many calories yet. The food you listed doesn't add up to 1100 calories. Are you adding something else? Also remember as you lose, you need to eat even less to burn at the same rate. Frustrating for sure!