Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good news UPDATES!

hello everyone!!

Well I am now on my 7th post op day and I am feeling pretty good. My DH and I went to the park and walked around the lake this morning a mile and a half, and I did just fine. I even drove there. I am glad to see everyone seems to be on the road to recovery also and doing pretty good. I am not going back to work for another 11 days. Being an L&D nurse is very active, a lot of lifting, bending, running around like a crazy person. There is no way I could take it easy at work. But I am going stir crazy here at home. Grey's Anatomy comes on tonight, so I am looking forward to that. I am definately loosing weight everyday but I am not going to change my ticker until my official first post op weigh in on the 17th. I am sick og liquids...but they are getting a little better...okay that's a lie...but I now how important it is for us to heal. Way to go everyone who has been banded and good luck to those who are being banded soon!!!

:clap2: Twyla

I had my 10-day follow-up today. When they weighed me, I had lost 25 pounds since the end of September, which is nuts, yet understandable, given the type and paltry amount of "food" I've consumed since the day before being banded. So while I realize it isn't indicative of the pace of my future weight loss, it was still pretty cool to see. Everything looked good, and they removed whatever steri-strips were left. My next follow-up is in 3 weeks, and my first fill will be soon after. And the best news besides the 25 pounds? They moved me to mushies today. Scrambled eggs, FTW! -Dan

I went to the doctor today as well and I got on the big doctor scale. The last time me and the scale had met I had weighed 245 pounds. So, I get on and I close my eyes...I hear my doctor writing on my chart...I am not going to look...I am not going to look...OMG I have to look! I slowly open my eyes not quite adjusting to the light, and look down at the number on the LED screen. 229. 229! No! Yes! No! Holy.... You get the drift. I realized that I totally missed my 30's I zoomed right passed! I didn't get to visit any number in the 30 family. I'll never see 230 EVER! Since I won't be weighing myself until November 14th...I probably won't see the 20's again either. Isn't that GOOD NEWS, because I really hated the 20's.

OMG Amy that is so awesome!! Congratulations! I LOVE stories of triumph like that, yipee for you! For ALL of us, as we share this journey!

Hey OregonHolly - so good to see you on so quickly after your surgery!

I'm beginning to think my surgery was too easy and I have had no problem drinking anything, hope I'm not already stretching myself out :omg:. Surgery was Oct 3. No problem drinking once I was home on the 5th or anytime since then. Started driving on the 8th - short trips to take my daughter to school and back. Now I'm going to the mall and anywhere else I need to go. Been off pain meds for days.

Had bad shoulder pain in the hospital, but no pain since. No port pain at all. Am I weird or what?:cool: Don't see the dr. until Nov 15th but according to my scale I'm down 9 lbs since surgery.

Going back to work on Mon 15th but working from home for the week and not going to the office. :clap2:

Hope this helps. Good luck to all of you who haven't been banded yet!

hi reneem, I too was banded on Oct 3. Glad to hear you are doing ok. What part of Ky? I am originally from Ashland Ky. Keep in touch

Twyla- It sounds like you are doing great! That is wonderful that you are so active already and feeling great.

Amy- How awesome! Those 230's just snuck by you. That's okay- you didn't really want to meet them anyways did ya!

Dan- 25 pounds down and mushies- you must be in heaven! Ha!

Holly- Oh man, I see you already have your Christmas Ticker out! Imagine how much weight we can lose by the holidays! Yeah!

Cope1951- that is great that you are getting out and about. I drove my son to school today- a little sore but manageable. Great job on the 9 pound loss!

Amy - great job and thanks for the posts. I always enjoy your perspective and you are just ahead of me so it is nice to 'see what is coming.'

I was banded monday 10/08 and am now back to my first day of work. I am down 12 pounds - but am totally prepared to see that slow way down as I am now on mushies.

I am not hungry and even the mind cravings have gone down significantly. Although being home m-f and watching TV could kill a person with all of those food commercials!!!!

Anyway, this has been amazing for me too - WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG? No pain at all now, I was at the mall all day Friday, did a spa day all day Saturday (the facial lady was really peeved that I didnt want to take off my robe so I told her I had surgery and I think the thought of it just grossed her out - oh well.)

Gas is weird and not painful anymore - LIFE IS GOOD!