Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good news UPDATES!

Hey to everyone who has been banded so far:

When you start feeling more like yourself write it down and give and update, so that the people that come after us can share our stories of hope!

I'll go first:

Well today is day 6 for me and I am feeling much better thank you very much. I have engery and I am not gasping for air. I think what helped the most and aided my recovery is that I was able to add milk products to my diet and gain more calories. Now I don't know what every one else did, but I opted for non-low fat cream of Soups and 2% milk, because they are more filling. I am out of my PJs and I feel great!

I didn't believe it when I read it from other people on the board, but it does happen! Also the gas pain has drastically reduced, which calls for a yippy. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

I was banded 10/2 and I feel like a new woman! The first few days were rough but it's been better every day. I am having minimal gas pains now and my port site feels tons better. I'm having problems drinking all the Water I'm supposed to have. I'm just not hungry or thirsty so I have to MAKE myself!

I agree with Amy, there IS a light at the end of the tunnel!

Amy, thank you so much for posting your updates and asking other to do the same, it is very helpful for those of us that are still trying to prepare for our surgeries.

How much time do you think you will need before you go back to work, or to your normal daily routine? I am just curious how much time off from work people are taking.

Today is one week post-op for me! I can't believe I already made it through one week of a liquid diet!

I am feeling fine, except for some lingering soreness around my port incision. It's right under my left breast and all my bras lay directly on top of the incision...ouch! I am sleeping through the night...although every so often I well roll over too quickly, or stretch in a way that reminds me I'm STILL healing!

It's been tough for me to drink enough. I have never been very thirsty during the day...and although I try my best, I know I'm not getting in my 64oz. Saturday morning when I woke up, I was really dehydrated. I felt so dizzy, I actually fell down while walking to the bathroom. Lesson to be learned: DRINK, DRINK, DRINK SOME MORE!

The scale says I am down 5lbs from the day of surgery! Now that is good news!

Good News for me...my second blood test results came back from the vampires(RN's) and I have been cleared for my operation.

:whoo:

I believe the first tests were a screw up. When they were taking my blood last week they took my EKG at the same time and marked the wrong name to it. When I pointed it out they corrected the EKG but no one checked or said they checked the blood and I didn't think to ask. Hey, it's a hospital, run by people, people make mistakes, it does happen. Nuff said about that!

So Friday is my day to get sliced and diced...:biggrin1:...or something like that. HEHE!

I had my surgery on the 1st so today is my seventh day. I still have some pain in the port area, but it is less everyday! For all you getting ready for surgery the first 2 to 3 days your are pretty uncomfortable, but starting the fourth day I was up going to town and even went to work for 2 hours. Just thought I would share that because the first few days that was what I wanted to know is when am I going to feel better.

I tried creamy broccoli last night and my stomach was not ready for that yet so I went back to liquids today.lol! I have lost 9 pounds since surgery mostly because the first three days I didn't want to drink much. But I made up for that later in the week!

I am kind of nervous, tomorrow is my first day back to work. I feel great, but I am concerned how I will do. I went to church yesterday and the grocery store today and I am trying to get my self prepared.:ranger:

I was banded this morning and I am feeling really great. I lurk on these boards and the support is really amazing.

I am so excited for this new way of life.

This is a great thread! I really need to hear the positive stories with my surgery on Wednesday! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Hello from Kentucky! I was banded on October 3rd and feel very good. I still have some pain....not necessarily at my port incision but right under it. I believe it will go away with time. I'm feeling wonderful other than that and can't wait to see these results! I'm a stay-at-home-mom of two little boys and I believe having this surgery will make our lives so much better. I'll be happier and a better mom and wife.

I was banded on Friday the 5th. I'm doing pretty good. The first few days all I did was sleep. But now I'm back to work today. Not bad I would say. I'm on liquids of course, and will start full liquids on Saturday. Can't wait, a bit tired of broth! But in all I feel pretty good. Alittle discomfort in the port area, but nothing I can't handle.

I'm feeling really good! Last night I had some cream Soup and it was sooo good!! The only pain I am having is still a little gas in my shoulder and back. It's totally bearable though. My incisions don't hurt at all, just a little tender when my clothes rub them. I've not been sleeping well at night, not from pain or discomfort though. I don't know what the deal it. I haven't taken any pain meds since Friday so it isn't that.

Sounds like everyone is doing great!

Hey all, I had my surgery on the 5th and i am sore in the port area. It is more just uncomfortable than anything else. I also am back at work. My biggest thing is being tired. I slept for like 3 days then all the sudden felt energized. I couldn't sleep last night just cause I guess. No real reason. The liquids are fine they don't bother me. Im a drinker though so that could be why. Im glad I can add milk that will help tremendously. I get hungry but don't really want to eat so that is good I guess. I have lost 6 lbs thus far so yay! That is it for now. I'll see if I can make it all day at work today. I mostly just sit.:notagree