Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Boo Boo Kitty's PS Journey

Add me to the very long list of those thinking about you and sending the very best wishes your way today.

:rolleyes::smile::tt1:

I plan to stop and see BBK on my way to my unit for my shift tonight. I'll post as soon as I can as long as she says it's okay.

Hello all!

Saw BBK tonight before my shift and she looks good. She's sore as HELL, thought she was only getting a Tummy Tuck (not including muscles) but once the PS got in there, he decided to tighten her abdominals up. So she's in a LOT of pain. She's not sure what kind of incision she's got, she made it perfectly clear she didn't want an anchor incision, she'll know for sure tomorrow when she sees him before discharge.

The PS said she is a very full C though she was hoping for a D cup once her reduction was done, again, time will tell. She's wrapped and bandaged really tight and is using her pain pump like a good patient.

She'll get up for the first time tomorrow and hopefully will be discharged in the late morning.

Take care all! She says thanks very much for all the thoughts and prayers.

How exciting! All the best to you BooBoo and thanks Faith for relaying the informaiton.

BBK,

Still thinking about you and sending you very best wishes.

I hope the pain is starting to go away -- or if not, I'm hoping that you have ample supply of good drugs, and are resting comfortably.

:biggrin::smile::thumbup:

BBK got discharged today, a day later than expected. She has a lot of pain from the muscle tightening, and they moved her port to under her rib area so she's extra sore.

I called her as she was leaving the hospital and she sounded exhausted but glad to be out of there. I'll check in with her again tomorrow.

Hey Boo!

I've been stalking this thread checking to see how you are doing and today thinking of you. I hope you are healing well, surely sore but healing well. I started off having a "deuce" to lose from the very beginning which was 389, I'm at 309 right now. My girls were a 48DDDD and are now a 46DDD. I am so interested to see how your girls turned out and if he could keep you near a D. The diagram of your surgical lines was helpful. Glad they didn't do the vertical line down center.

Looking forward to an update from you.:biggrin:

Hey ya'all...

As Faith said I was discharged later than expected. Dr got in there and repaired a hernia and tightened all of my stomach muscles. I was not expceting any of that. My port is now right in between my ribs it SUCKS. I am hoping it will go down, my Bariatric surgeon said that is NOT a place for my port to be, but for a few weeks until swelling goes down there is no way to tell that is where it really is....hurts bad.

I think a lot of this was because I was not prepared for the muscle and hernia portion. The hernia was from the car accident, which I went to the Bariatric surgeon and was convienced that I didn't have one....wahh.... :lol:

I will try to get on at least once a day. The girls look AMAZING right now! lol...I only have 2 scars on eacch breast. Dr did a new technique so there will be some rippling for a bit that will settle. I don't have the long cuts all the way across the bottom of the breast, so it is cool. They aren't bothing me at all. They tried their best to make them D's but since I had lost another 10 since my surgeon saw me last he wasn't sure. I am ok with them either way, they look so nice and perky! :frown:

BBK, I hope the pain subsides soon for you. Looking forward to seeing pics when you're up to posting them. I'm sure you look as beautiful as ever.

Well I wanted to update you all on my lovely day....

I got back late this last night from the ER. I was having real trouble breating and spiking a fever. I had called my surgeon and the on call Dr sent me to an after hours clinic. But after getting me into the car and me passing in and out of concisouness my DH took me to Foote Hospital.

When I got there my pulse ox was 81%, I was tacardiac with a rate of 155, and a fever of 102.3. I was miserable and slipped in and out of reality. They didn't waste anytime getting me and put me ahead of 4 people as soon as DH wheeled me in. They thought I was having a heart attack. I was also dehydrated so they had a hell of a time getting blood or get an IV in, hurt like hell.

After an EKG my heart was ok. The blood work showed my white blood cells were trying to fight something. A chest xray confirmed I have pnemonia in my lower left lobe. They put me on IV antibiotics as soon as they got the results. I took 1 hour of IV antibitiocs and was sent home with oral antibiotics. I feel like I have been run over by a truck, it sucks.

What a way to spend Mother's Day, blah....

Wow BBK, I'm sorry to hear about the pneumonia and all that you had to go through yesterday.

Take good care of yourself and get lots and lots of rest.

Sending all the very best wishes your way.

:tt1::smile::Dancing_wub:

You poor thing! I am so sorry you are having such a rough time. I am praying you feel better soon and you have a quick recovery. Take care of yourself.