Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've just discovered Chai Tea!!!!

If you can find CoffeMate's Chai Spiced vanilla Creamer (or something to that effect) it's AWESOME with Chai Tea (WAY better than Starbucks' Chai Latte). It's not the healthiest additive, but it's a GREAT treat!

*tasting it already*

It's a tea that has many spices. If you can't find it, my cook book has this recipe:

1 1/2 cup of milk

2 whole cloves

1 green cardammon pod,one side peeled open

1 this slice peeled ginger root

2tsp. indian black tea leaves

2tsp. sugra or splenda etc.

Add tea and sugar, remove from heat and let steep for 3-4 min.

Strain into teapot or cups.

Ginger is good for a cold or queasy stomach.

I've also used the spices with green tea. The spices can also be bought in an indian store for .99cents.

I ordered the vanilla and java(expresso enhanced?) and some sugar freee version all from Oregon Chai tea company. The tv show made lattes that just looked wonderful. And I love milk in my hot tea (if I ever make it). So it looked yum yum.. I use skim milk.

I am waiting for them to arrive to try it.

Aw, it was supposed to, I think. Blue packet? That sucks, too, 'cause I thought it was one of the better ones that they sent. A lot of the ones in the sampler aren't high quality Protein (the cans, bullet, and that NASTY Delite crap, for starters), so I've actually still got about half the bag left. Try the whey Gourmet chocolate Peanut Butter and the Matrix Chocolate samples. Those were the best, IMO.

Well, I just tried the mixture of protein and the chai tea. I'm sure it would taste good if I had mixed it correctly, but apparently the Water was too hot for the protein. It's a clumped up in a scummy layer at the top of the drink. Bleh! I'm going to wait until it cools down a little and then try to get it to mix better.

Joe Muggs Cafe (in Books*A*Million stores) uses Oregon Chai (half chai, half milk) steamed. It's the best IMHO. Although I usually have them use this ratio: 1/2 chai, 1/4 2% milk, 1/4 hot Water.

If you want to try it, that's one way to do it. :confused:

Laurend,

Where do you get all of these samples? You are always talking about having samples. I had surgery 3 months ago (bypass) though; and I just keep buying stuff and I cannot find anything that I actually like. I mean you talk about samples of everything. If you could pm me then I can give you my phone number or e-mail.

CMUGiRL

Since this thread got bumped, I don't like the Oregon Chai tea, tastes like eggnog (not a fan), so if anyone wants some packets of Vanilla Oregon Chai tea, PM me your addy :)

I've been watching this thread and I just thought I wouldn't like hot tea. I'm from the Georgia and we drink iced tea. Well I finally broke down and bought some at the grocery store and I was pleasantly surprised. I love it!!! I mix it with a little skim milk and a little splenda. It's official, I'm hooked.

Is it just me, or am I the only one who prefers it without milk? I love it brewed with one packet of stevia sweetener.

Exactly how I have mine, just with splenda instead of stevia.

I am also enjoying Celestial Sesonings "Sleepytime Tea" It is very yummy and relaxing.

COTA 129

Chai tea is and indian tea with a mixture of many seasonings like cloves,cinnamon,and many more things. It is yummy with or without milk. They sell them at almost any supermarket now.

I read an article in Marie Claire about how an indian woman couldn't believe how her tea from her country is so popular here now. There are also some Creamers like coffee mate with that flavor. The tea smells sooo good...

Has anyone tried thoze frozen fruits from Goya that you mix in a blender with fat free milk,ice and whey powder?

The fruits have 7g of Protein for half a cup and with the milk and whey powder it has even more protein. I had the papaya one and froze the rest. I'll have the blackberry one today yummy!!