Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh dear i'm 2 days post op and have spent my day just looking for someone to talk to who knows how im feeling. After many years of wanting a lap band i thought i would be so happy but at the moment all i can feel is pain and wind lol:embarassed:.

help......

Sillybro -- you're in the wrong place at the moment --- go on over to the "Monthly Support Groups" section; >> Oct 07 >> and you will find like 120 people there that are all getting banded in October. A whole bunch got banded on YOUR date, and we're waiting for you! We WANT YOU!

Oh dear i'm 2 days post op and have spent my day just looking for someone to talk to who knows how im feeling. After many years of wanting a lap band i thought i would be so happy but at the moment all i can feel is pain and wind lol:embarassed:.

help......

Oh yeah. Take the pain pills and walk a lot, that was the only thing that helped me!

help......

Hi I am Bob, in Toronto, yes we have all been there. We have a huge expectation that the band will be the cure all or the magic thing. However in the first few days it is not good. There is pain and pressure, it feels like it will never go away. But it will, in less time than you believe. It did not take us a short time to be too heavy and to lose the weight will also take time. It will happen and you will love your band as most of us do. Just try to think of the near future. Soon you will be actively on the road to better health. The weight will slowly come off and...it will stay off. Follow exactly what your doctor said to do. If you have any concerns call your clinic. That is what they are for, my clinic the S.W.L.C. has always been great. Try to follow all the rules and you will have success like most of us. I am happy, healthy and improving all the time. Good luck to you,

Bob

Woke up this morning three days post op feeling alot better,still aching of cause but on the whole not to bad.

Thanks for you messages and support can't seem to find much in the uk.:biggrin1:

Hi there............I see youre in the UK, I am too and no there isnt anything like this here! Yep, we all have pretty much the same start it seems to me that it is quite a slow process. I was banded 2/8/07 St. Richards Chichester under Guy Slater. Have no regrets just look forward. Take care, Justine.

Hi I am Bob in Toronto I was banded recently on Aug 7. Yes you are right in what you feel. We , I think all had semi-similar thoughts and feelings. Happily I can tell you those thoughts and feelings do pass. The pain goes away and the soreness and you will begin to feel normal. Then, you start to lose weight and there is a double good feeling. First the weight going off and secondly you know it is off for good. It is not a quick weight loss, but it is not extremely slow either. This time will pass for you as it did for all of us. I love my band. I wish it had been around twenty years ago. Good luck to you,

Bob

I am scheduled for October 25th. I just started looking into things this past week. My first time on this site.

Best of luck to you! Where are you having yours done?

LT

Hi Sillybro, I'm two days post op too - banded on 6/10 in Sydney but from the Boro originally! Feeling disgusting at the moment - uncomfortable, lots of reflux and feeling like I'm going to vomit - ugly. I'm encouraged though by other people's feedback and as the day has gone on I've felt better so no doubt will be better again tomorrow. I've had to sleep sitting up the past two nights as couldn't lie down without feeling dreadful and reflux. I'm hoping that will soon return to normal too. Stick with it - you're not alone.

Jude

Hang in there all of you new bandsters...it will get better...the first couple of weeks are kinda tough....but once the sorness has left you will feel much better...

Well 4 days post op and started back to work against everyones wishes but although tired i know it was the best thing to do. Takes my mind off tha aches and pains.

Loss of appetite is a major thing and its a daily chores forcing myself to drink something other than tea. Does any one else feel the same?

Thanks for everyones messages