Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone:

I'm a little over 1.5 years post op and I've lost 200lbs. Expectedly, my weight loss has slowed but I'm not done yet! I want to lose another 75/100lbs.

I have contacted my dietitian and she encourages me to eat about 70 grams of Protein, 45 grams of carbs, 30 grams of fat. She also says I should only eat three times a day. Luckily, if I'm eating the right things, dense protein, I can only eat about 4 oz. I get hungry between meals and typically have a premiere protein.

I do intense workouts about 5 times a week. Sometimes that's for the mental benefits more than the physical.

I'm not losing at all. With only about 1000 calories but intense workouts I was concerned I was creating too large of a deficit and my body was holding on to it. She said that since I have excess weight my body would not create a deficit because it would use my body fat.

I'm looking for advice from those that are also about 1.5 years out. How are you losing? What are your macros? Your activity? What's working?

Thanks for your help!

I'm 22 months post op. My way of eating/plan is different than yours. I don't do intense workouts, I walk a couple miles or so every day.

69bb57709a81b917d1caafa90a5aae83.png

I rarely hit my fat goal, I always hit my Protein goal, I rarely get up to 25G of net carbs on a normal day. I've had a minimum 90g of protein every day since day 2 of surgery.

I'm losing slower on purpose. The really rapid weight loss for months on end was doing a real number on my body and causing a lot of hormonal and emotional issues.

You body will cling to fat if it is not getting enough nutrients. Since you don't have your start weight, current weight or goal provided it is hard to offer advice. How much weight have you lost per month the first 12 months and how much per month after 18 months.

Off hand I would say you need more calories and protein. If you wanted to drop faster as a kick start you could drop your carbs to 20g.

Do you weigh and track all of your food?

On 5/14/2017 at 0:51 PM, KC816 said:

I'm looking for advice from those that are also about 1.5 years out.

I'm approximately two years out. With the limited information you've provided, my guess is you aren't consuming enough calories for your self-described 'intense' level of activity. Thus, your body is holding onto its fat stores for dear life.

Someone like you who does five intense workouts per week definitely needs more than 1000 kcals per day. You are probably underfueling your workouts and activity level. It is common knowledge that a combination of too much exercise and not enough calories will slow your body's metabolic rate the hell down:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/another-look-at-metabolic-damage.html/

I eat approximately 2000 calories per day, plus or minus a couple hundred. Since I run about 30 miles a week, I need to eat in order to fuel my exercise. I do not count fat or carbs. I simply ensure I get 100+ grams of Protein and 60+ ounces of fluids in me each day.