Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Curious - What's it like after goal???

Hi:

I'm a long way from goal, but I'm curious. :cry How do you stop losing weight with the band in place? I was banded in July, didn't get a fill until end of September, and I lost every week. Do they have you eat more often? How does it work when you're at goal and don't want to lose any more weight?

Congratulations if you're at goal and able to answer this question.:clap2:

Sue Magoo

H-324/S-287/C-253/G-160

I have had to have a total unfill in order to be able to eat enough calories to NOT lose weight.

I still lose weight if I don't eat enough, but it's nowhere near what I was losing in the beginning.

Although, my surgeon says that I am the first he has seen, or heard of locally that has needed an unfill to stop losing. And typically, people find it harder to lose weight as they get closer to their goal, so trying to stop weight loss is not an issue.

Best of luck to you.

Yay for you Wasa, WELL DONE!

I'm losing at the moment, quite fast, and not really trying. My goal was at the top of my healthy weight range and the weight loss since then has REALLY improved my shape, so I'm thrilled. But I do wonder where its going to stop. I suspect I will need a partial unfill in a few kgs's time.

I dont want to eat unhealthy foods just to get calories in. And no way am I cutting back on exercise.

Jachut,

I have been reading a lot of your success stories and was wondering what is was your regime to lose the weight? I know everyone is different but I have been really inspired by your post and hope to acheive my weight goals. I you give me good tools that you have used since you started your journey?

Thanks in Advance

Caramel

I've only been at goal for about six hours :) so I can't really say what tomorrow will bring but you can get a slight unfill if need be so you can increase your calories.

:clap2: CONGRATULATIONS Wasa! :clap2:

It has been wonderful for me. I have to get on the scales to make sure I am eating enough. What a wonderful problem.

my dr says to drink my extra calories not eat them. If my scales get low I drink carnation Breakfast meal drinks for a few days along with my regular meals.

I also had to cut my mega exercise down. NOw I walk about 2 miles a day . My energy level is up so much I couldn't really count how much I burn each day.

It is so nice having this problem. It sure is a different way of thinking. I used to hate the scales but now I use them to keep me healthy. WHODATHUNKIT?

edie

CONGRATS WASA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and also congrats to everyone posting on this thread! I really look to each one of you losers for inspiration! I can not wait for the day my size 12's fit again.......... do I dare even dream a 10???????????

I've only been at goal for about six hours ;) so I can't really say what tomorrow will bring but you can get a slight unfill if need be so you can increase your calories.

Wow, 102 pounds in ten months. You're truly an inspiration!

Congratulations!!!!

:yo::thumb::wow2::hail::high5::clap2::rockon:

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S W A S A !!!

We never doubted that you would meet your goal on time and it is that determination of yours that inspires us every day. Thank you for all your informative posts. I've learned more about the band from your posts than from any other source. Way to go!!

Ok , So I am freaking out - I have made my goal, but I have for the past 4 1/2 months had major restriction. I have a 4 cc band and it is filled to 3.8cc. I am really set in my workouts so I feel strong in that area. I go for my unfill this Friday. I don't know how much my doctor will take out. But here is the thing I am so scared that I will get to much taking out and gain weight. Oh and I have been dreaming of eating food any food, just the joy of eating one whole something and not getting sick. Has anyone had this issue?

Sue:

I've been at my final goal - "normal" weight and BMI - for two years and, I'll tell ya: it's BORING! :-)

The excitement of waking up to find that I've lost another couple of pounds is gone. The headiness of "getting a gold star on your chart" for losing is no more. It's still pretty cool having gone from 376 to 176, and feel much happier and healthier: I won't deny that. But maintenance is more of a job than an adventure. It's real, actual work.

I have, honestly, come UP a few pounds from my very lowest last year. At that point, I was concerned that I had lost "too much weight", if you subtracted the poundage of extra skin that I have. I didn't feel that I looked healthy and I really didn't feel the picture of health. At the same time I was having a reflux problem that required a small unfill, and some weight came back on, although I am still in "normal" and in my OWN comfort zone. I think my body may finally have reached that level my surgeon kept insisting that it would.