Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Surgery Dates

Good Luck everyone today!!!!

Steph great job on keeping up with the list ;)

Welcome all new Nov. Bandsters!

Longhorn, Sweetpea (mini pin)is 11ys old and in VERY bad shape, so she is not long for this world. Amber(mini Pin) is 10yrs old, Bailey (Mastiff) is going to be 4 in March shes light for her breed and only weighs 170. Her brothers and sisters are all 195-230. Peanut 8 lbs(mini Dachsund) 17 months, and Jelly 12 lbs(mini dachsund) 11 months old tomorrow. Peanut and Jelly are my BABIES! They both have bad eyes but you would never know it. They make me smile everyday! I wanted my husband to build me a wooden box to fit over my belly LOL to keep them from steping on it. I will give the pillow a shot.

Virtual buddies will be fine with me!:hug:

Had my weigh in at the Dr today I lost 43 pounds since Aug. 9th not too bad! I am out of the 60's for my BMI!:whoo:

Best wishes all!

43 pounds! That's great!

Wow, I didn't catch before that you have a Mastiff! My daughter's neighbor has one and he's huge! In fact, your Bailey is at my goal weight! :)

I found a site that calculates a dog's age in human years taking into account their weight, since large dogs tend not to live as long. My oldest dog is in her sixties and the next two are in their early fifties, just like my husband and me. They all seem to be in good health but we'll lose them eventually, of course. It never gets any easier.

I think you'll find the pillow will work. Corky also likes to lay beside me on the arms of the chair, which is what he's doing right now. However, I need to get up and walk so I'll have to disturb him. ;) But he'll be back. He's my baby!

Just saw all the Nov 2 names - hope all are doing well.

Elizabeth

Lindata

Linseyann

Kristina

Get lots of rest, that's what I'm doing.

Everytime I look at the names it grows

Good luck to everyone that are already home and Good luck to all surgeries next week.

Hi everybody! I'm getting banded 11/20. I've been researching for 2 years so I am so ready for this.

1st

PattyPoo

Nessa3678

brandymom1234

Mom_of_Chuy

sanderro

Holiwood

Longhorn

Forestcat

Rhea

2nd

lizzie_07

lindata

KristinaDawnB

lindseyann2u

sconie

pam726

5th

DLW

Hungryforchange

wnt2lose

jelbel

6th

Wishes4444(Ann)

Diva Inside

ndmom

kandiceb

jetti

vanessav

7th

Goldie1109

susieq125

shadst83

Cota129

Imonmyway7368

MyLady

8th

anw5102

dawndannae

stranger138

needto

ebrow39

Bandstertobe

zippykat

QUEENMOTHEROF1

9th

Banded4Life

neen7171

maccy

mariaxoxo4u

Kristin1031

Carsons mommy

10th

Selisejohnson

omlagirl

jen6740

12th

jrsyshoregrl684

suebob

Shalee04

13th

CCFRA

Princessannod1

Tralynn222

14th

lightenup!

dream'n2bthin

15th

steph_cn

RxTracy

Hopping to It- Danna

sunshiny

Tete2

16th

Laurieu

19th

Mrs Smartypants

20th

Skinny_Jill

22nd

luvmy4boys

26th

kuchiegrl1

Tishbite2

27th

731Shawty

Cherlita

Julie-Ann

plump_princess

28th

lukin

puppy

29th

Sassafras

Ann - 43 lbs!! That's fantastic! Good job. I can tell you're going to absolutely rock-it on the band! 43 lbs is no easy feat on your own.

Jill - Welcome to the group!

I'm just curious if anyone is nervous about being newly banded for Thanksgiving. I didn't even think much about it since DH and I do Thanksgiving together alone. We had guests over in 2005, but none last year and none this year. Is anyone having to go to a family or large group get-together right after getting banded? I would be so self conscious if everybody didn't know...or it would be a hello, goodbye thing.

I've had several people say "you should wait until after the holidays" My response to them was, no I will be losing weight when everone else is gaining. I really don't think it's goign to affect me at all. I will be able to eat a small portion of a couple things and then I will be done. I think I will actually feel better not being stuffed and miserable!

I feel the same as Nessa. Even in the past, I would always start a diet right before Halloween or Thanksgiving so I wouldn't pig out.

Well, I guess what I'm really talking about is the fact that with my surgery only being a week before Thanksgiving, I'd still be on liquids. If I had to be with a big group of people and nothing on my plate but a bowl of Soup, I would get tired of the questions (I'm keeping mine mostly a secret for now). And I can tell you that if I was with my family and only eating a bowl of soup and drinking something in a cup, there would be all kinds of comments about unhealthy or anorexia, or whatever. Maybe it wouldn't affect you guys...will you be on mushies by then?

I see your point now, I guess if I was keeping it a secret from most of them it would be hard. I am keeping it a secret from a lot of people but my family knows. And yes, I will be eating a little by Thanksgiving. Maybe you could just put food on your dish and move it around a little and talk a lot. Move yourself around the room a lot too and toss the food when no one is looking. I don't know your situation but you will figure it out because you know how good you will feel after you start dropping that weight.

Yeah, like I said - I don't have to worry about it. Thank goodness for that. I just wondered if anybody else is going to have to deal with this.

By the time I see my family (next summer some time), I'll have dropped plenty of weight and should be able to eat relatively normally. I'll be able to decide by then if I want to tell them. But most likely I won't tell anybody but my mother.

Thanks Steph!

As for Turkey Day, well I will be with a lot of people but they are all my very close family and they all know, so it will be fine for me. I will still be on liquids but thats ok, I have been on liquids since Aug 9th anyway! That was the hardest for me I started the liquid diet 3 days befor I left for a week vacation, but you know what I did it and survived! So this will be easy! I have told only close family. My sister did say to me "why didn't you wait until after the holidays" I said the same reason I didn't wait until after vacation. It's TIME!

Anyway hope everyone does fine for the holidays!

Best Wishes!

1st

PattyPoo

Nessa3678

brandymom1234

Mom_of_Chuy

sanderro

Holiwood

Longhorn

Forestcat

Rhea

2nd

lizzie_07

lindata

KristinaDawnB

lindseyann2u

sconie

pam726

5th

DLW

Hungryforchange

wnt2lose

jelbel

6th

Wishes4444(Ann)

Diva Inside

ndmom

kandiceb

jetti

vanessav

7th

Goldie1109

susieq125

shadst83

Cota129

Imonmyway7368

MyLady

8th

anw5102

dawndannae

stranger138

needto

ebrow39

Bandstertobe

zippykat

QUEENMOTHEROF1

9th

Banded4Life

neen7171

maccy

mariaxoxo4u

Kristin1031

Carsons mommy

10th

Selisejohnson

omlagirl

jen6740

12th

jrsyshoregrl684

suebob

Shalee04

13th

CCFRA

Princessannod1

Tralynn222

14th

lightenup!

dream'n2bthin

15th

steph_cn

RxTracy

Hopping to It- Danna

sunshiny

Tete2

16th

Laurieu

19th

Mrs Smartypants

20th

Skinny_Jill

blondecz (Crissy)

22nd

luvmy4boys

26th

kuchiegrl1

Tishbite2

27th

731Shawty

Cherlita

Julie-Ann

plump_princess

28th

lukin

puppy

29th

Sassafras

Stephanie,

I know what you mean. Thanksgiving is my favorite meal of the year but I am having surgery 2 days before so I will still be on liquids. I will still be in recovery mode so I don't need to worry about being around a lot of people. I will be with my mother and sister and they will be making a small Thanksgiving dinner. My mother is going to make the dressing early so I can have some before my surgery. It is truly one of my favorite foods.

I hope everyone that has been banded so far this month is doing great!

Jill