Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many calories???

I thought it would be fun to see how many calories we try to get in during a typical day. Im personally not banded yet, but right now im shooting for like 1600, once im banded i think im setting my daily intake goal to 1000, Ill let you know soon enough tho! im getting banded on the 11th!!

My goal was 2000 before I had my first tightening. I normally was 1600-1800. Since the port revision and filling, my goal is 1500.. I get between 1300-1600 regularly.

My IDEAL goal would be 1200, but I don't see that happening for me right now.

my goal right now is 1000-1200. My dr told me to try to keep it to 1200 until I get my first fill. The only problem is that I am so hungry I could eat a horse!! I try to fill up on Protein and 4 out of 5 days this week I stayed around 1000 calories.

Wasa- congrats on reaching your goal- That is tremendous weight loss in only 10 months!!!question is-are you still only consuming 600 calories a day?

Wasa- congrats on reaching your goal- That is tremendous weight loss in only 10 months!!!question is-are you still only consuming 600 calories a day?

Thank you.

Not sure what my caloric intake will be, this is my first day at goal. ;)

I saw some of your earlier posts from about 6 mo ago and you said you were sticking to 600 cal a day for the best/quickest weight loss results-was that pretty consistent up until this point?

I saw some of your earlier posts from about 6 mo ago and you said you were sticking to 600 cal a day for the best/quickest weight loss results-was that pretty consistent up until this point?

Was my caloric intake consistent or my weight loss?

I did average 600 daily, sometimes 400 sometimes 800 but I always made sure it averaged out to 600 daily. Weight loss did slow down in the end but it wasn't bad. Frustrating because I wanted to reach goal but it wasn't a huge plateau or anything.

I really work hard too, I do a lot of hard cardio daily and some easy cardio. THAT'S what really makes a difference. I had to stop running for about three weeks due to a medical problem (one that was my own fault) but even then I continued to lose. Must be a metabolism thing from cardio.

A bandsters diet should be 800-1000 calories.

Not every MD and nutritionist says this. You should always follow what yours says.

Not every MD and nutritionist says this. You should always follow what yours says.

Very true, I know of one doc that wants people to stick to 600-800, my doc wants 800, some docs 1200-1500.

I'm honestly not sure how I could eat 1500 calories at this point. I'm so used to 600 that 1500 seems like a HUGE amount to me! ;)

I am not advocating people stick to my caloric intake but I agree with you, Faith, go by what your doc says.

I had my last fill on Wednesday, and I think I may have hit my sweet spot. I'm having to eat slowly and I'm only eating very small amounts, so I don't see how I could eat more than 1,000 calories or so a day without either constantly eating or eating stuff that has a massive amount of calories. Heck, right now I'm not sure I'm able to get even 1,000.

I was never given a guideline, but everyone knows commonly, about 1200 a day will do it.

Nonetheless, i've lost and continue to lose well on about 1500 to as much as 1800 per day.

The weight loss is not consistent now, if I cut back it would be. I really shoud try to do 1400 a day or so for a while, but I just like not even thinking about food too much.

Cardio is my secret too. Run lots and eat very little and you'll lose really fast. Run lots and eat moderately and you'll lose more moderately, but either way, you get there in the end.

Dont exercise and you'll plateau out, stop losing at times, have to really watch the calories, maybe low carb it etc.