Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This has been a long time coming, I've been in the bariatric program since September.

My insurance coordinator assured me before that it would be almost impossible to get a revision and sleeve approved and today she called me that I was approved!!! My eyes filled with tears of joy!!!

5/23 is my date, it is less than the typical 14 days of pre-op liquid diet, will that make any difference?

I am still waiting to hear from my surgeon's office for complete instructions.

Please send me any and all of your tips/tricks/advice on pre-op diet and how to best prep for my big day. Also, how long did you stay in the hospital?

Sooooo thankful and excited!!!!

Thanks in advance!

Congrats! I go the day before you so I don't have any advice on surgery. I'm three days into my preop diet. I am getting 800-900 calories and feel kinda off. shakes save me when I'm hungry. It's not as bad as I thought but I can eat food on mine. I think you'll be ok missing a day as some surgeons only require ten days (some none!).
Good luck!

Thank you! My pre-op consists of 800 calories - 5 Protein Shakes, broth, sf popsicles, Powerade zero and Water enhancers.

Good luck to you as well!!

Oh man. All liquids. Hopefully you get into ketosis and feel great. I love being in ketosis!

I've never been in ketosis. What does it feel like?

I had shoulder surgery in January and subsequently lost 11 pounds during recovery and then doctor removed all the Fluid from the band and they basically said insurance would only cover band removal. I gained those 11 back because of zero restriction. The doctor's nurse hasn't realized I gained even though I was going to Dietician appointments and was being weighed in. I hope it doesn't cause a delay and I can get re-lose those 11 plus a few more!

If you explain that to them I'd hope they'd understand. Did they say you had to lose a certain amount of weight before surgery?
Ketosis is when you eat so few carbs that your body starts using fat for fuel. I always feel energetic (after the first few days of carb detox) and my hunger is low. They sell sticks you pee on and it'll change color if you're in ketosis. They're over the counter. I intend to do this after surgery as low carb is the only way I've been successful in losing weight.

If you explain that to them I'd hope they'd understand. Did they say you had to lose a certain amount of weight before surgery?
Ketosis is when you eat so few carbs that your body starts using fat for fuel. I always feel energetic (after the first few days of carb detox) and my hunger is low. They sell sticks you pee on and it'll change color if you're in ketosis. They're over the counter. I intend to do this after surgery as low carb is the only way I've been successful in losing weight.

No, there isn't a required amount but they like to see a loss which proves that you have modified your behavior, changed your habits and are serious about the program. The dietician said it was normal to gain during a "band holiday". You simply have no restriction and are much more hungry.

I survived today!!! I had 8 oz of beef broth twice and I think that saltiness helped me feel a little more normal.

No, there isn't a required amount but they like to see a loss which proves that you have modified your behavior, changed your habits and are serious about the program. The dietician said it was normal to gain during a "band holiday". You simply have no restriction and are much more hungry.

I survived today!!! I had 8 oz of beef broth twice and I think that saltiness helped me feel a little more normal.

Good job. I'm on day 5 of the diet and am really hungry today. Saltines sound good! I can't have many carbs so they're not an option. I think I'd eat an entire sleeve of them at this point! [emoji23]