Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Turkey & Cranberry Sauce

I finally tried my canned turkey last night.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

I mixed it with about a tablespoon of cranberry sauce.. Mixed very very well so everything was just pink tinted and no clumps. Had to flake the turkey up.

It was SO good, felt like I was eating Thanksgiving dinner.< /p>

No PB's.. even though turkey deli meat makes me PB.

This is my NEW new favorite food hah!

In all my 44 years on earth I have NEVER seen turkey in a can....Where do you get it from? What does it taste like? What do it LOOK like? and Who on earth makes turkey in a can? ;)

I got it in the section where they have.. vienna sausage in cans, spam, chicken in can, etc. at Krogers.

Its similar texture to the tuna & chicken in a can, but its a little smoother.

The can was a crimson color, I threw it out. I don't recognize the brand (I didn't eat canned meat till lately!).

But.. I recommend you try it. I was skeptical, but I am now a believer in canned chicken and turkey.. yayaya!

I don't believe I have ever seen it either. Went to two grocery stores on line and they don't carry it. If you do think of the brand would you post it? Maybe some could find a store via the manufacturer.

I planned on going tomorrow to stock up on them, since I only bought the 1 can to try it. I shall post the brand when I get them ;)

We went to Wal-Mart yesterday- they didn't have it!!!

So on the way home from work I asked husband to stop at Kroger so I could get more.. he said we got it at Star Market, not Kroger..

I don't know what branch (if any) Star Market is.

Anyway they are Hormel brand.. and before you get turned off LOL.. I know, their no-refrigerate-already-made-chili-and-other-foods.. HORRIBLE. But this canned turkey, really is the yum yum. I also noticed that had Hormel canned chicken in that area too (where they have tuna), but I've not tried their brand. And some other brand had the bag of turkey breast (like the bag of tuna things). Here's a link to it on amazon.. it's 96% fat free, chunk turkey in Water. 60calories per serving, 2.5 servings per can.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Hormel-Chunk-Turkey-5-oz/dp/B0005YWZ36]Amazon.com: Hormel Chunk Turkey, 5 oz: Gourmet Food[/ame]

I like their canned chicken. I've used it when making chicken Soup. It's yummy. And all Hormel stuff isn't terrible. Their pre-cooked heat-in-microwave bacon is the same stuff that Subway uses. Very thin, very yummy!

Well after I tried their chili, one of those no-refrigerate turkey & dressing things, and then another rice one.. I swore Hormel off. The stuff was absolutely disgusting, my dog wouldn't even eat it!!!

But they sucked me back in with this canned turkey. I bought everything they had on the shelf LOL. We don't normally go to that grocery store, so I don't want to have to go back there again in just a couple days..

So I got 12 cans of turkey, and then bought a few of the small cranberry sauce cans, even though I only use 1tbsp when I mix it with 1 can of turkey.. I'm afraid I'll let them sit in the refrigerator too long and go bad.