Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Skin breaking out after VSG!?

I, too, have had some skin issues since surgery five months ago. I had bruising on my upper legs for a little while. Then I felt crazy itchy, mostly at my arms, calves, and back. My PCP advised that I take Zyrtec and that stopped the itching. My surgeon said it is likely the hormones. I tend to think it's more that than anything because I've been very irregular and I have more blemishes on my face (one not-quite pimple on my cheek that's been there for about four months). I can also be awfully moody. Good luck!

I've heard of some patients doing short term estrogen patch therapy after WLS to get their hormones back on track. You might want to consult with your gynecologist about what you're experiencing. Good luck!

I'll look into that as well. Thank you!!

I to had some breakouts. Went to the dermatologist and was given some cream. It worked pretty well. I do get a little more pimples than normal and my skin is a bit dryer than normal even getting 1.5 or more liters (6 glasses) in per day which is more than I had previously had before surgery. Working on increasing the Fluid intake.
Weird but exercise has helped a bit. Not sure if the sweat has something to do with it. I'll stick with the toxins leaving my body. The dryness and bumps are improving each week that passes so talk to the doc and give it some time.
Juat my own personal opinion.

Thank you for replying! Yeah I might make a dermatologist appointment because I'm getting frustrated. It could also be my Water intake because before surgery I could drink a gallon and a half and now I could barely get 3 water bottles down :-/

I, too, have had some skin issues since surgery five months ago. I had bruising on my upper legs for a little while. Then I felt crazy itchy, mostly at my arms, calves, and back. My PCP advised that I take Zyrtec and that stopped the itching. My surgeon said it is likely the hormones. I tend to think it's more that than anything because I've been very irregular and I have more blemishes on my face (one not-quite pimple on my cheek that's been there for about four months). I can also be awfully moody. Good luck!

Thank you for replying!! I'll try Zyrtec as well to see if it helps.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches